• VOR Indications still seem off

imemyself

717 Version: 1.0.9.1

System Category: Radio

Minidump: http://forums.tfdidesign.com/uploads/

1.0.9.1 seems to fix the behavior of the VOR bearing indicator...but a couple other things still seem a little off.

Based on the displays in 2.png vs. 3.png...it seems like the course from the NAV/RAD page is interpreted as the true course not magnetic.  I have 128 degrees set as the course in the NAV/RAD page.  When the nav system is in magnetic mode (2.png)...the VOR course pointer is pointing towards ~141 degrees magnetic.  (This was in the Caribbean, by SXM).  When I flip the nav system to true mode (3.png), the VOR course pointer is pointing towards ~128 degrees true.  I'm not an expert on the 717...but based on other aircraft I would expect the course in the NAV/RAD page to be the magnetic course?

Second...and I think separate from that...the VOR needle's deviation seems to be wrong.  I'm headed directly towards the PJM VOR per the map and bearing pointer (1.png), at 128 degrees.  And I have 128 degrees set as the course in the NAV/RAD page.  I would expect that the VOR deviation needle would be centered...given that I'm directly on the radial.  Instead the center section of the VOR needle is offset (2.png).

Given the mag / true discrepancy above...I also tried putting my true course into the NAV/RAD page (114 degrees).  However, even with this, the VOR deviation needle is offset (4.png).

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm looking into this - sorry for the slowness on the response here (the change log internally is rather significant - not super long, but bigger fixes). There will be a number of VOR fixes with the next update - the resolution for this being one of them.

Share this comment

Found and fixed - problem was adding magnetic deviation instead of subtracting it. This should work a lot more normally now (though minor variances, ~1 degree) may still occur.

Share this comment