Staffan
    • 717 Version: 1.0.8.0

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Pro, 64 Bit

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8600, 4.5 GHz

Graphics Card: Gainward Geforce GTX 550Ti, 1GB GDDR5

Graphics Driver Version: GeForce 327.23 WHQL

RAM: DDR2 PC6400 800MHz 8192MB

Simulator: Flight Simulator X: Acceleration

Addons: ezdok 1185<br /> fsuipc<br /> no scenery or weather addons. several aircraft addons. mainly pmdg and milviz

Simulator Config (.cfg) File: fsx.CFG

I get single digit FPS at default ESSA RW08.

With PMDG B737NX and Milviz B737-200C I get solid 25-30 FPS at the same location

I have elaborated with the settings in the Addon Manager without any noticeable result.

Checking or unchecking the "Hardware rendering" box does nothing.

The only way to get 10-15 FPS is to unselect high quality 3D panel in the FSX settings. And then the FPS

are very unstable.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi,

The only real suggestion I got was to upgrade my system. Or try to check the "hardware rendering" box in the addon manager.

What I really would like to know is if it is a bitmap problem or the coding that causes the system teardown?

I mean,....single digit FPS with the B717, when I get steady 30FPS with PMDG and Milviz!?

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Staffan said:

Hi,

The only real suggestion I got was to upgrade my system. Or try to check the "hardware rendering" box in the addon manager.

What I really would like to know is if it is a bitmap problem or the coding that causes the system teardown?

I mean,....single digit FPS with the B717, when I get steady 30FPS with PMDG and Milviz!?

We used a more robust and modern rendering technology to allow expansion and better performance in the newer simulators. The unfortunate drawback is that it requires a little more horsepower to see the improved performance. If you don't have the required power, you will instead see lower frame rates than other aircraft. Regardless, I'm not quite sure how you can have steady 30 FPS with any addon aircraft that uses any gauges since your hardware isn't on the high-end side of things.

Share this comment

Hi,

I get your point. However when doing so your target group will be very limited. One suggestion would be to do like Milviz, in having the option to install a "lighter" version. And a dual core 4,5 GHz really isn't at a very low power imo.

When I say "steady" 30 fps, it is more to the fact that it is more to 30 during the flight. Ofcourse the frames vary depending on the scenry an weather. I only have default scenert and weather on my FSX installation. I have FPS limiter installed set to 30.

Best regards,

Staffan

Share this comment