• Announcements

• turbofandude

Proper Problem Reporting for the TFDi Design 717   07/09/2017

Folks, As the user count is increasing, it is becoming more of a task for us to stay on top of problem reports. We are also receiving an increasing amount of incomplete reports that we are unable to follow up on (which frustrates everyone, us included). On that note, we are going to be enforcing a stricter formal problem reporting system. There are a few main points that need to be addressed. ALL problem reports must be submitted via the Bugs and Suggestions system. Open discussion on the forums is fine, but our team simply cannot respond to every single comment (especially when the majority of doing so is asking for information the Bugs and Suggestions system already asks for). Incomplete reports will be ignored. This means reports like "my FPS is bad" will not be given weight. This isn't because we don't care. It is because a report like that does absolutely nothing for anyone - we can't fix it based on that. Please include EVERYTHING you can possibly think of regarding the problem and take as many steps as you can to isolate it. Prepar3D v4, despite what you have heard, can still be unstable. Yes, it is definitely possible to fly flights without issues. But it is still relatively new, as are most of the addons available for it. Please refrain from attacking us or other developers because of this. We have already had one scenario where a 717 CTD was resolved by an update to Prepar3D itself. This is likely not the only time that will be the case. You are still free to report the crashes, as it may help whoever the developers of the faulting code are solve the issue. Duplicate reports will be deleted/merged. For the sake of sanity for us trying to prioritize and evaluate issues, if we discover multiple reports of the same thing, we may merge/delete the duplicates. We strongly encourage you to search and see if your problem has been reported before. Thank you all in advance. This may seem overbearing, but this is the only way we are going to be able to stay on top and continue heading in the direction we, and the community, want.
ProfessorMadman

P3D V4 CTD - no errors

Hi,

I'm so sad! Even with 1024x1024 setting I just got the ntdll.dll CTD taking off Aerosoft Genoa X and switching views...

I don't know if it a P3Dv4 bug or a specific way of coding the 717 which is the root cause but I begin to be tired...

I'll retry the flight with 737 and of course will report if the same CTD occurs....

PS: I land this morning at Genoa with Lear 35 and didn't reboot my PC between the flights

Skip.

Is it possible to try running the 717 without the DLL? i.e. In the SimObjects\Airplanes\TFDi_Design_717\Panel folder, rename the 717.dll file to 717.disabled.dll. The systems will not work, but if you're able to recreate the crash without it, we can start narrowing it down.

I noticed maybe one thing. I've done 2 flights with success (Option / Controlls / Raw Input selected). The 3. flight ended in a CTD ( Option / Controlls / Direct Input selected). 

Like always, the crash happend while switching views with Chaseplane inside the cockpit. 

It is just a guess I throw in here. 

Hello,

:-(. After the CTD when trying to fly Genoa - Palermo, another one trying to fly Genoa - Nice. I was with 1024 setting and as usual the crash occurs when switching views at cruse level arriving over Corsica.

Nom de l’application défaillante Prepar3D.exe, version : 4.0.28.21686, horodatage : 0x594a7255

Nom du module défaillant : ntdll.dll, version : 6.1.7601.23864, horodatage : 0x595fa942

Code d’exception : 0xc000000d

Décalage d’erreur : 0x00000000000ca4e5

ID du processus défaillant : 0x1d0c

Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d31e2f9ce84616

Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : I:\P3Dv4\Prepar3D.exe

Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

ID de rapport : f9c9abbe-8a2c-11e7-a587-c86000cc4d68

Another thing was wrong during this flight: I had problems with LNAV/VNAV to follow the attached FLP.

- VNAV: The calculated at departure with SID were very low so VNAV after takeoff forced the plane to descend.

- LNAV: During cruise when I inserted LFMN SID, the FLP was "reset" so the plane began to go back proceeding to the first waypoint? I had to set Direct to the right waypoint to follow the flight... before crashing.

I have to restart the flight with PMDG...

Skip.

LICJLFMN01.xml

Add me to the list of ones having CTD without errors, not even an Event at the EventViewer, couldn't find any trace. Had 2 today, in a row. The first one was arriving San Diego, about 30 NM out, and the second parked at San Francisco doing nothing, had just loaded the flight, maybe one or two minutes after that.

Did you have Chaseplane or Activesky running?  TBD, my last few flights ran ok even with Chaseplane and Active Sky running (I find it difficult and boring to fly without Chaseplane).  I kept my view switching to a minimum and once I hit T/C I enabled chaseplane's cinematic mode until I reached T/D then switched back to internal view.  Thereafter I kept view switching to internal views only (looking at uppper panel, displays, CDUs etc. etc.).

CTDs steadily increasing to make a flight impossible to complete.  Seems to occur increasingly after a change of view, or change of input into MCDU.  Rather than add to your myriad event logs that have been sent to you, I am going to re-download and reinstall the 717 beta.

P3D4, AS for v4, Rex Soft Clouds. I use Orbx and generally fly between paywayre airports.  Except for YPPH Perth Australia, and mining towns over a thousand kilometres north.....none are free or payware.

Did a clean-out and reinstall, but CTD again when I switched from external view to inside view.  I choose to wait until you issue another version of the beta after this one.  

But basically the plane is great so would really like to enjoy it in due course.  Although the B717 is basically replaced by the B600/700 Qantaslink plans to buy more, which is good news as Volotea plan to go to an all Airbus fleet, including the A318.  Qantas finds the 717 just right for the thin regional and mining routes that it flies.

On 8/31/2017 at 0:43 AM, macca22au said:

Did a clean-out and reinstall, but CTD again when I switched from external view to inside view.  I choose to wait until you issue another version of the beta after this one.  

But basically the plane is great so would really like to enjoy it in due course.  Although the B717 is basically replaced by the B600/700 Qantaslink plans to buy more, which is good news as Volotea plan to go to an all Airbus fleet, including the A318.  Qantas finds the 717 just right for the thin regional and mining routes that it flies.

Can confirm. Came here to say exactly this. CTD for me at random when switching from external to internal view only. Only happening with the TFDi 717 at this time. No logs on the event viewer but P3D crashes to desktop. No addons except for AS16. Running 1.0.9.10.

Edited by jrodriguezpr1
Add information.

Guys,

Just to add my 2 cents...almost all of the CTDs I've had to date in P3Dv4 (including today with the PMDG 737) was on a view switch.  When you read other forums, many CTDs can be attributed to this activity.  It seems to happen randomly and with an array of different add-ons.

I really hope key developers like TFDi, Aerosoft, PMDG, etc can start putting pressure on LM to research and and help identify this issue.  I understand we're in a bit of new territory with x64 and hopefully these are just growing pains.

Ilya

Yes you are correct, the Aerosoft CRJ has exactly the same problem.

It is probably superfluous to say, but real pilots only ever see what can be viewed from the VC cockpit. No outside views for them, wing views sure, by twisting and looking back.   Yet the PMDG series are flawless when it comes to view changing (and tracking), so they must have the magic patent that solves this problem.

On 25/08/2017 at 3:28 AM, turbofandude said:

Is it possible to try running the 717 without the DLL? i.e. In the SimObjects\Airplanes\TFDi_Design_717\Panel folder, rename the 717.dll file to 717.disabled.dll. The systems will not work, but if you're able to recreate the crash without it, we can start narrowing it down.

Hey Collin, did you ever get any feedback on this request? I just fot a new hot Windows 10 machine with v4 installed and finally opted in to the v4 beta program a couple of days ago. In had my first CTD on view switch with no logs yesterday. It was a relatively short flight and no major add-ons running (just some AI and bits of various scenery). I can run some tests with dlls disabled if you need more data.

Brian A.

38 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Hey Collin, did you ever get any feedback on this request? I just fot a new hot Windows 10 machine with v4 installed and finally opted in to the v4 beta program a couple of days ago. In had my first CTD on view switch with no logs yesterday. It was a relatively short flight and no major add-ons running (just some AI and bits of various scenery). I can run some tests with dlls disabled if you need more data.

Brian A.

Nothing conclusive yet - please do test with everything disabled.

Today I had yet another CTD, clueless, no events recorded, nothing, just by using the FMC. When I clicked something, it just happened. Also I'm not the kind of pilot who keeps changing views during the flight, it's all inside the VC.

Hi guys, 

Since today, no way to load the 717... It crashes P3Dv4 with no error and no log, instantly, even when starting with default aircraft and airport and switching to 717 afterwards. 

Already tried to uninstall all, every single TFDI file on my system, tried to reinstall all (antivirus disabled), still no chance. Still don't works...

Any idea... ? Thanks. 

Lionel

***update***

I finally found the "guilty"....

I just installed UK2000 scenery EGJJ and I don't know how they work (bad indeed...) but it made my system completely unstable. 

My bird flies again. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll write to UK2000 and ask for a payback.....

Lionel

Edited by Lionel

9 hours ago, Lionel said:

Hi guys, 

Since today, no way to load the 717... It crashes P3Dv4 with no error and no log, instantly, even when starting with default aircraft and airport and switching to 717 afterwards. 

Already tried to uninstall all, every single TFDI file on my system, tried to reinstall all (antivirus disabled), still no chance. Still don't works...

Any idea... ? Thanks. 

Lionel

***update***

I finally found the "guilty"....

I just installed UK2000 scenery EGJJ and I don't know how they work (bad indeed...) but it made my system completely unstable. 

My bird flies again. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll write to UK2000 and ask for a payback.....

Lionel

Hello! I had this issue with UK2000 EGBB because I used P3DV3 version on P3DV4

UK2000 V3 sceneries are not compatible with Prepar3D V4

Cheers!

Hi Guys,

My concern I stop trying to fly the 717 until next update. But I think I should wait the next P3Dv4 release.

Few weeks ago, I can still fly it by lowering graphic settings and disabling addon sceneries but I was never 100% sure not to get a ntdll.dll CTD.

Since I change my display (I don't use anymore my Matrox Triplehead with 3 monitors = 3840*1024) to a 49" monitor = 3840*1080, I can't load the 717 without an imediate ntdll.dll CTD.

I uninstall and reinstall it, try to change Texture resolution to 512*512 but nothing to bypass the CTD. The only way no to crash is to rename the 717.dll!!!

I'll fly my other birds until then as they're working well (ntdll.dll CTD occurs only with large planes like PMDG 747 if I keep high quality settings on complex airports).

I'm so disapointed! I Attached a zip file with the last 3 dumps if it can help.

Skip. 

P3Dv4.zip

4 hours ago, Skipy said:

Hi Guys,

My concern I stop trying to fly the 717 until next update. But I think I should wait the next P3Dv4 release.

Few weeks ago, I can still fly it by lowering graphic settings and disabling addon sceneries but I was never 100% sure not to get a ntdll.dll CTD.

Since I change my display (I don't use anymore my Matrox Triplehead with 3 monitors = 3840*1024) to a 49" monitor = 3840*1080, I can't load the 717 without an imediate ntdll.dll CTD.

I uninstall and reinstall it, try to change Texture resolution to 512*512 but nothing to bypass the CTD. The only way no to crash is to rename the 717.dll!!!

I'll fly my other birds until then as they're working well (ntdll.dll CTD occurs only with large planes like PMDG 747 if I keep high quality settings on complex airports).

I'm so disapointed! I Attached a zip file with the last 3 dumps if it can help.

Skip. 

P3Dv4.zip

DAMNED!!!

Trying to repair the 717 I updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest release (385.41) and then even PMDG birds or F22 standard plane didn't load anymore, crashing my display!

I thought that reinstalling the 717 broke something in my P3Dv4 or PMDG installations and I "repaired" both P3Dv4 client and one PMDG aircraft... But I still can't load P3Dv4 except with "simple" planes like Aerosoft DHC6 or Mooney Bravo.

And then I found the issue.... NVIDIA drivers sucks!

I uninstalled latest Nvidia drivers and went back on the old default Windows 7 version 384.76 and voilà! I can load everything again including the 717!

Perhaps the recent ntdll.dll CTD I had on P3Dv4 were due to Nvidia driver? Let's see the next flights...

Skip.

4 hours ago, Skipy said:

DAMNED!!!

Trying to repair the 717 I updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest release (385.41) and then even PMDG birds or F22 standard plane didn't load anymore, crashing my display!

I thought that reinstalling the 717 broke something in my P3Dv4 or PMDG installations and I "repaired" both P3Dv4 client and one PMDG aircraft... But I still can't load P3Dv4 except with "simple" planes like Aerosoft DHC6 or Mooney Bravo.

And then I found the issue.... NVIDIA drivers sucks!

I uninstalled latest Nvidia drivers and went back on the old default Windows 7 version 384.76 and voilà! I can load everything again including the 717!

Perhaps the recent ntdll.dll CTD I had on P3Dv4 were due to Nvidia driver? Let's see the next flights...

Skip.

TFDi 717 doesn't use NTDLL.dll file

Searching the web, I found that ntdll.dll is related to graphics rendering on windows, so NVIDIA may be the cause of CTDs with this .DLL

cheers!

Santiago

On 02/09/2017 at 11:42 PM, jrodriguezpr1 said:

Can confirm. Came here to say exactly this. CTD for me at random when switching from external to internal view only. Only happening with the TFDi 717 at this time. No logs on the event viewer but P3D crashes to desktop. No addons except for AS16. Running 1.0.9.10.

Exactly the same for me; changing from external to internal view.  Thankfully the 717 reloads where it was on last autosave but it's still a bit of a hassle.  Otherwise, I love this aircraft 😀

For sure the proble turns around the graphics. I just try to load the 717 at Flytampa Amsterdam by night with resolution set to 2048 and I got the CTD as soon as I switch on the battery... :-(

Skip.

• Like 1

Hi,

Regular flight this morning LEJR-LEGE. To give me the maximum chances not to crash I set texture resolution to 512 and have disabled a lot off addon sceneries (not too much as P3Dv4 crashes also if this case).

All was perfect until clearing the runway at arrival when I set some static AI Traffic aircrafts and then switch to external view: CTD.

I hope P3Dv4.1 will solve this problem.

EDIT: I just have an idea as I use Mytraffic 6 with P3Dv4. I removed all AFCAD files (keeping only the commercial traffic bgl) and some aircrafts (there's a list of old models to remove on some forums) and it seems this helps P3Dv4 to manage all my scenery addons at once. I also load the 717 at AMS by night wit lots of AI and texture resolution set to 4096: No CTD switching views...

Skip.

Edited by Skipy

20 hours ago, Skipy said:

Hi,

Regular flight this morning LEJR-LEGE. To give me the maximum chances not to crash I set texture resolution to 512 and have disabled a lot off addon sceneries (not too much as P3Dv4 crashes also if this case).

All was perfect until clearing the runway at arrival when I set some static AI Traffic aircrafts and then switch to external view: CTD.

I hope P3Dv4.1 will solve this problem.

EDIT: I just have an idea as I use Mytraffic 6 with P3Dv4. I removed all AFCAD files (keeping only the commercial traffic bgl) and some aircrafts (there's a list of old models to remove on some forums) and it seems this helps P3Dv4 to manage all my scenery addons at once. I also load the 717 at AMS by night wit lots of AI and texture resolution set to 4096: No CTD switching views...

Skip.

Thank you for reporting the resolution for this! Hopefully others will benefit from the answer too.