• Announcements

• turbofandude

Proper Problem Reporting for the TFDi Design 717   07/09/2017

Folks, As the user count is increasing, it is becoming more of a task for us to stay on top of problem reports. We are also receiving an increasing amount of incomplete reports that we are unable to follow up on (which frustrates everyone, us included). On that note, we are going to be enforcing a stricter formal problem reporting system. There are a few main points that need to be addressed. ALL problem reports must be submitted via the Bugs and Suggestions system. Open discussion on the forums is fine, but our team simply cannot respond to every single comment (especially when the majority of doing so is asking for information the Bugs and Suggestions system already asks for). Incomplete reports will be ignored. This means reports like "my FPS is bad" will not be given weight. This isn't because we don't care. It is because a report like that does absolutely nothing for anyone - we can't fix it based on that. Please include EVERYTHING you can possibly think of regarding the problem and take as many steps as you can to isolate it. Prepar3D v4, despite what you have heard, can still be unstable. Yes, it is definitely possible to fly flights without issues. But it is still relatively new, as are most of the addons available for it. Please refrain from attacking us or other developers because of this. We have already had one scenario where a 717 CTD was resolved by an update to Prepar3D itself. This is likely not the only time that will be the case. You are still free to report the crashes, as it may help whoever the developers of the faulting code are solve the issue. Duplicate reports will be deleted/merged. For the sake of sanity for us trying to prioritize and evaluate issues, if we discover multiple reports of the same thing, we may merge/delete the duplicates. We strongly encourage you to search and see if your problem has been reported before. Thank you all in advance. This may seem overbearing, but this is the only way we are going to be able to stay on top and continue heading in the direction we, and the community, want.
Sign in to follow this  
dirceu

Any post on how tracking VORs in the forum?

dirceu   

I´m unable to track VORs with the plane. Is there something different from usual with this 717 or is there any bug on this matter? 

I've consistently noticed the magnetic / true heading bug with the bearing pointer.  I've also seen bizarre behavior of the normal VOR mode on the HSI, like the deflection of the being inaccurate (being offset slightly when I'm directly on the radial, and the deflection not changing when I changed the course).  That could have been a one time fluke or something though.

I see that there are some VOR related changes in the next, yet-to-be-released opt in beta.  I'll have to play around with some VOR approaches after that's released.

• Like 1

jackscrj   

It is my understanding that the 717 cannot track vors with autoflight like you would in the 737 (select a course via the course knob and slap vor/loc), Instead you would enter a fix and intercept course supposedly in the mcdu Dir/INTC page, similar to the airbus method, but that hasn't been implemented yet I believe. 

Edited by jackscrj

foobar   

No news...? Please guys, we are waiting for 7 months now... VOR approches represent 50% of approches in some european countries.
We can't use the fms to do it (dir intercept is not simulated...), we can't use the track option of the rad/nav page (this is not simulated)...
The only way to do that is the TRK mode... (yep, the vor rose works since 3 months only...) I don't understand why this is not a priority...

foobar   
On 17/06/2017 at 0:45 AM, dirceu said:

I´m unable to track VORs with the plane. Is there something different from usual with this 717 or is there any bug on this matter? 

I tried 7 months ago... but no answer...

foobar   

Nop, I referred to the vor arm option of the nav page (boeing style vor app) and the intc fix/crs of the dir-to page (airbus style vor app).
No one have been simulated, so how we can make an vor approach (except by tracking the VOR in HDG/TRK mode)?

foobar   

If the VOR mode is available (program option), a small
font VOR ARM prompt with asterisk appears on the
same side of the MCDU as the selected VOR/CRS. Two
VOR ARM prompts may be displayed at a time. Pushing
LSK 2L or 2R prepares the FMC for the VOR mode and
replaces VOR ARM with VOR ARMED in LARGE font.
Once the VOR mode conditions for VOR tracking are
satisfied, VOR TRACK (LARGE font) replaces the VOR
ARMED display and the aircraft will track that course.
VOR mode is only available below 18,000 feet.

INTC FIX/CRS - The waypoint entered in line 1L is also
entered in line 1R followed by a trailing asterisk. A unique and
separate waypoint and inbound course entry may be made via
the SP using a slash (/) to separate waypoint and course.
Waypoint and course may be entered separately. After the
inbound course is entered, a trailing asterisk is displayed and
insertion into the F-PLN is possible by again pushing the LSK
next to the asterisk.

ATC rarely guides us to a waypoint while we are doing a VOR approach. They ask us to intercept a radial to a VOR, so without one of that 2 features we are not able to do a VOR approach. For now the only way is to track the radiale by hand in HDG/TRK mode.

Sorry if I'm not clear, my english sucks :P