• Announcements

• turbofandude

Proper Problem Reporting for the TFDi Design 717   07/09/2017

Folks, As the user count is increasing, it is becoming more of a task for us to stay on top of problem reports. We are also receiving an increasing amount of incomplete reports that we are unable to follow up on (which frustrates everyone, us included). On that note, we are going to be enforcing a stricter formal problem reporting system. There are a few main points that need to be addressed. ALL problem reports must be submitted via the Bugs and Suggestions system. Open discussion on the forums is fine, but our team simply cannot respond to every single comment (especially when the majority of doing so is asking for information the Bugs and Suggestions system already asks for). Incomplete reports will be ignored. This means reports like "my FPS is bad" will not be given weight. This isn't because we don't care. It is because a report like that does absolutely nothing for anyone - we can't fix it based on that. Please include EVERYTHING you can possibly think of regarding the problem and take as many steps as you can to isolate it. Prepar3D v4, despite what you have heard, can still be unstable. Yes, it is definitely possible to fly flights without issues. But it is still relatively new, as are most of the addons available for it. Please refrain from attacking us or other developers because of this. We have already had one scenario where a 717 CTD was resolved by an update to Prepar3D itself. This is likely not the only time that will be the case. You are still free to report the crashes, as it may help whoever the developers of the faulting code are solve the issue. Duplicate reports will be deleted/merged. For the sake of sanity for us trying to prioritize and evaluate issues, if we discover multiple reports of the same thing, we may merge/delete the duplicates. We strongly encourage you to search and see if your problem has been reported before. Thank you all in advance. This may seem overbearing, but this is the only way we are going to be able to stay on top and continue heading in the direction we, and the community, want.
el_gargantuan

VC panels disappear

Hello,

I'm attaching a screenshot of something that happened towards the end of my flight today. I lost the Captain and center Displays in the Virtual Cockpit and they were replaced with some sort of scenery texture. The 2d panels still functioned when I popped them out, and the First Officer displays were not affected if it helps.

As an aside: I was able to complete a flight from KCLT to KMSP without CTD after turning down some of my graphics settings (I was using sliders maxed out).

Thanks,

Garg

Capture2.PNG

Just had similar visual artefacts spawn with 1.0.9.7 on a Hawaiian island hop from Kona to Honolulu.  This is the first time I've seen this happen and I've done quite a lot of flights in the 717.  Fortunately nothing obscured so I could complete my flight without reloading :) 

EDIT: A reload of the scenario fixed the problem.  Maybe a one off problem not worth investigating.

2017-8-15_20-45-12-472.png

2017-8-15_20-45-26-583.png

Edited by ProfessorMadman

It happened again at cruise before T/D into PHNL (ITO - HNL).  It seems related to PHNL though as I never got this before flying into this airport.  I did a flight after that too HNL - LIH and no such issue.  Will report if it happens coming into FSDT HNL again.

2017-8-16_9-57-48-153.png

This just happened to me for the first time on the fmc's. I've made quite a few flights and since the latest update this is the first time I've seen it.

@turbofandude I'm on v1.0.9.14 and I started experiencing this.   Every flight for the past three (3) flights over the past week or so.   Seems to happen late in the flight, usually just before or just after TOD.   I can't correlate any actions I'm taking to the sudden corruption of the panels.   Not always the same ground texture shows up, but always some sort of ground texture.    Twice ALL of the panels across the VC turned into some ground scenery.   Once, only the captain (left) side got corrupted and the first officer's panels were fine.

My setup, as reported during the "no lights" thread, two GPUs, primary GPU (1070GTX) with one 32" monitor displaying P3D in windowed mode.   Three other monitors plugged into the 2nd GPU (770GTX) displaying only external applications (charts, flight bag map and flight plan) with no undocked P3D panels.

I use ChasePlane with TrackIR to pan the cockpit and look outside regularly throughout the flight.    But I can't detect any common "trigger" that might cause this to suddenly happen.

59e7fe3534cd1_717PanelCorruption.thumb.JPG.eeb57b1abca3df342fd2bd73ff5030ae.JPG

2 hours ago, Phil Chimbolo said:

@turbofandude I'm on v1.0.9.14 and I started experiencing this.   Every flight for the past three (3) flights over the past week or so.   Seems to happen late in the flight, usually just before or just after TOD.   I can't correlate any actions I'm taking to the sudden corruption of the panels.   Not always the same ground texture shows up, but always some sort of ground texture.    Twice ALL of the panels across the VC turned into some ground scenery.   Once, only the captain (left) side got corrupted and the first officer's panels were fine.

My setup, as reported during the "no lights" thread, two GPUs, primary GPU (1070GTX) with one 32" monitor displaying P3D in windowed mode.   Three other monitors plugged into the 2nd GPU (770GTX) displaying only external applications (charts, flight bag map and flight plan) with no undocked P3D panels.

I use ChasePlane with TrackIR to pan the cockpit and look outside regularly throughout the flight.    But I can't detect any common "trigger" that might cause this to suddenly happen.

59e7fe3534cd1_717PanelCorruption.thumb.JPG.eeb57b1abca3df342fd2bd73ff5030ae.JPG

I've actually been discussing this with another developer recently, and I'm starting to very heavily believe this is a memory issue with P3D. I need to see if all users experiencing this have multiple GPUs, because, if so, it could be the same problem the lights have manifesting in a different way.

19 hours ago, turbofandude said:

I'm starting to very heavily believe this is a memory issue with P3D

Definitely seems to be a corruption of some memory space... probably GPU RAM.   @turbofandude Let me know if there is anything I can do to help narrow things down for you.

In all seriousness, I'm already waiting on info from Lockheed on one report and in the process of working out another, I have a feeling if I throw this one on top of it, my input may just get shuffled. As soon as we make any sort of forward progress, I will open up a report with all of the findings relating to this issue.

@turbofandude Merry Christmas sir!    Wondering if any progress has been made on this issue?   I can't complete a single flight without this happening.  Frustrating because the only aircraft in my hangar that does this is the 717.

On 12/26/2017 at 2:20 PM, Phil Chimbolo said:

@turbofandude Merry Christmas sir!    Wondering if any progress has been made on this issue?   I can't complete a single flight without this happening.  Frustrating because the only aircraft in my hangar that does this is the 717.

We think we might have a potential workaround for this, but we haven't had time over the holidays to test it.

• Like 1

Any update now that we are though the holidays?  I love this plane and hate to hang it up.  I use FSUIPC so I reload one of the save scenarios from about 5 minutes ago and that seems to fix the issue.  I seem to have this issue happen just prior to top of descent.

Thanks,

Eric Fields

3 hours ago, eefields said:

Any update now that we are though the holidays?  I love this plane and hate to hang it up.  I use FSUIPC so I reload one of the save scenarios from about 5 minutes ago and that seems to fix the issue.  I seem to have this issue happen just prior to top of descent.

Thanks,

Eric Fields

@turbofandude any news?

28 minutes ago, skyymann said:

I have multiple GPUs and I'm having a very similar issue.

Scott

Try the solution reported here: