• Announcements

• turbofandude

Proper Problem Reporting for the TFDi Design 717   07/09/2017

Folks, As the user count is increasing, it is becoming more of a task for us to stay on top of problem reports. We are also receiving an increasing amount of incomplete reports that we are unable to follow up on (which frustrates everyone, us included). On that note, we are going to be enforcing a stricter formal problem reporting system. There are a few main points that need to be addressed. ALL problem reports must be submitted via the Bugs and Suggestions system. Open discussion on the forums is fine, but our team simply cannot respond to every single comment (especially when the majority of doing so is asking for information the Bugs and Suggestions system already asks for). Incomplete reports will be ignored. This means reports like "my FPS is bad" will not be given weight. This isn't because we don't care. It is because a report like that does absolutely nothing for anyone - we can't fix it based on that. Please include EVERYTHING you can possibly think of regarding the problem and take as many steps as you can to isolate it. Prepar3D v4, despite what you have heard, can still be unstable. Yes, it is definitely possible to fly flights without issues. But it is still relatively new, as are most of the addons available for it. Please refrain from attacking us or other developers because of this. We have already had one scenario where a 717 CTD was resolved by an update to Prepar3D itself. This is likely not the only time that will be the case. You are still free to report the crashes, as it may help whoever the developers of the faulting code are solve the issue. Duplicate reports will be deleted/merged. For the sake of sanity for us trying to prioritize and evaluate issues, if we discover multiple reports of the same thing, we may merge/delete the duplicates. We strongly encourage you to search and see if your problem has been reported before. Thank you all in advance. This may seem overbearing, but this is the only way we are going to be able to stay on top and continue heading in the direction we, and the community, want.
Sign in to follow this  

Autothrottle Disconnect?

Question

18 answers to this question

Sandman   

@007

To disengage only the Auto Throttle System (ATS) you need to press the small button (thumb button) on the throttle itself. You will need to do this twice actually. First to disengage the auto throttle, and again to silence the disconnect alarm. Very similar to the Auto Flight System (AFS) or autopilot by pressing the yoke yellow button twice.

Oh i forgot to include the button binding for this if you want to assign the autothrottle disconnect to a controller. Use the Autothrottle (ARM) in the controller/buttons page. See screen below.

Hope this info is helpful to you new 717 captains!

ATS Disconnect Macro.PNG

Edited by Sandman
  • Like 2

That works BUT now the AP is disengaged too and you have no thrust protection, the proper way is on the throttles left and right side you should see a button click that twice. AFS OVRD is made for emergencies only, it is like the PRIMARY FLT COMPUTER DISCONNECT on the 777

AG Nex   

Yep having the same problem. I figured out how to bind reverse, AP disc and TOGA with FSUIPC... no luck with AT disc so far.

I know about the small button on the side of the throttle. But clicking it twice, especially at night is a pain.

Edited by AG Nex

AG Nex   

@Sandman

Thanks for the keybind, for some reason FSUIPC didnt do it for me the direct way. So i bind Ctrl + Shift + R in P3D and use FSUIPC to bind to the key combination instead of the control. Working now :)

• Like 1

awf   

Thanks appreciated, but assigned those as a long time FS user.

However it's not mapped to the trim on the yoke, but to the long trim (alternate) in the tfdi 717

Edited by awf

Sandman   

Yes i have confirmed to silence the ATS warning you do have to press the button via mouse. It works with the autoflight system from the controller binding but not the throttle (alert silence). 

The Long Trim is the primary trim in the simulation for now at least. Not a bug (technically, not as they have modeled this that way). There are perhaps other plans for trim i can assume as far as yoke primary trim. 

These are both odd issues that I am sure the dev team will look at in future updates. Keep the feedback coming everyone. The more information the better. 

• Like 1

bjratchf   

I'm also having a problem with the landing gear when programmed through FSUIPC. I have to actually press the G key to get the gear to retract- the "gear up" selection made when I toggle my gear switch (through FSUIPC) opens the 717's doors momentarily, but the gear remains down. 

9 hours ago, odourboy said:

+1 - Once engaged, I had a hell of a time getting it turned off. After landing, it drove me off the end of the runway and through downtown San Jose before it quit! LOL

Well it's only modeled for ILS approaches as far as I can tell , in the real a/c whatever approach you're flying with ATS on the throttles automatically retard at ~30ft, displayed on the FMA as "RETARD"

Edited by william717

On 12/24/2016 at 1:24 AM, william717 said:

Well it's only modeled for ILS approaches as far as I can tell , in the real a/c whatever approach you're flying with ATS on the throttles automatically retard at ~30ft, displayed on the FMA as "RETARD"

Albeit WAY late, this fixed now in our internal builds.

Sign in to follow this