HughesMDflyer4

TFDi Design 717: Introducing RealLight

MVJB   
4 hours ago, signmanbob said:

Is "Real Lights" a separate product that can be used with any aircraft, or is it only for the 717?

Not in a way that customers can integrate. That is up to developers.

17 hours ago, MVJB said:

Not in a way that customers can integrate. That is up to developers.

Oh, ok.  I was wondering because FSLabs had released a product called  SpotLights  that they sold separately and it can be used by a novice to add cockpit lights with some kind of UI.  I don't know if their lights really look this good though.  These lights on the 717 update are really special. This is the best lighting that I have ever seen in a cockpit for any flight simulation.

Bob

23 hours ago, kdfw said:

fsl spotlights look as good as the real lights. 

I would recommend you look a bit more closely. Not to downplay what FSL has done, but these are two completely different concepts and visual results. FSL Spotlights is a light source (similar to placing a vclight FX file) that can be added to any aircraft by end users. RealLight allows for variable blending of pre-baked lighting textures, which yields a more realistic result. Developers can license this technology and distribute it with their aircraft to achieve much more authentic lighting.

kdfw   
44 minutes ago, HughesMDflyer4 said:

I would recommend you look a bit more closely. Not to downplay what FSL has done, but these are two completely different concepts and visual results. FSL Spotlights is a light source (similar to placing a vclight FX file) that can be added to any aircraft by end users. RealLight allows for variable blending of pre-baked lighting textures, which yields a more realistic result. Developers can license this technology and distribute it with their aircraft to achieve much more authentic lighting.

i've looked at them both and fsl spotlights are quite good with full color range and user configurable light source placement and vectoring.  

reallights are as you said, pre-baked texture set so i can edit the .bmp to adjust color and brightness.  kinda like the evolution of mv vc night lighting.   looks fine and glad you guys found a solution for p3dv4.   

FSL's Spotlights is not for P3Dv4 and I can see it doesn't look as good.  I just brought it up because I didn't know why RealLights didn't have a user interface for other aircraft, but that has been answered.

Thank you,

Bob