• Announcements

    • turbofandude

      Proper Problem Reporting for the TFDi Design 717   07/09/2017

      Folks, As the user count is increasing, it is becoming more of a task for us to stay on top of problem reports. We are also receiving an increasing amount of incomplete reports that we are unable to follow up on (which frustrates everyone, us included). On that note, we are going to be enforcing a stricter formal problem reporting system. There are a few main points that need to be addressed. ALL problem reports must be submitted via the Bugs and Suggestions system. Open discussion on the forums is fine, but our team simply cannot respond to every single comment (especially when the majority of doing so is asking for information the Bugs and Suggestions system already asks for). Incomplete reports will be ignored. This means reports like "my FPS is bad" will not be given weight. This isn't because we don't care. It is because a report like that does absolutely nothing for anyone - we can't fix it based on that. Please include EVERYTHING you can possibly think of regarding the problem and take as many steps as you can to isolate it. Prepar3D v4, despite what you have heard, can still be unstable. Yes, it is definitely possible to fly flights without issues. But it is still relatively new, as are most of the addons available for it. Please refrain from attacking us or other developers because of this. We have already had one scenario where a 717 CTD was resolved by an update to Prepar3D itself. This is likely not the only time that will be the case. You are still free to report the crashes, as it may help whoever the developers of the faulting code are solve the issue. Duplicate reports will be deleted/merged. For the sake of sanity for us trying to prioritize and evaluate issues, if we discover multiple reports of the same thing, we may merge/delete the duplicates. We strongly encourage you to search and see if your problem has been reported before. Thank you all in advance. This may seem overbearing, but this is the only way we are going to be able to stay on top and continue heading in the direction we, and the community, want.
ACA235

Flight Manual

Recommended Posts

ACA235   

Evening TFDi team

First off - nice work on this aircraft. I have a  ton of time in and MD80 that I flew with a Canadian startup company that no longer exists. Now flying for the largest airline in Canada on a wide body. I have been following the development of your aircraft for some time and took the plunge the other day.  Many of you won't underatand  when I say that when you are strapped in to a real MD80 - which is very close to the 717 - that at the time, the MD80 was the perfect blend of technology and piloting. One actually got to fly the machine and deal with all its quirks. 

However, that said, I am unable to find the flight manual for the aircraft that has the performance charts and such along with the other associated manuals one might find when training or operating a new aircraft. 

Please advise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2017 at 7:40 PM, ACA235 said:

Evening TFDi team

First off - nice work on this aircraft. I have a  ton of time in and MD80 that I flew with a Canadian startup company that no longer exists. Now flying for the largest airline in Canada on a wide body. I have been following the development of your aircraft for some time and took the plunge the other day.  Many of you won't underatand  when I say that when you are strapped in to a real MD80 - which is very close to the 717 - that at the time, the MD80 was the perfect blend of technology and piloting. One actually got to fly the machine and deal with all its quirks. 

However, that said, I am unable to find the flight manual for the aircraft that has the performance charts and such along with the other associated manuals one might find when training or operating a new aircraft. 

Please advise

I'll be absolutely up front - our current documentation is lacking quite a bit. It consists primarily of an SOP checklist, basic FMS guide, and button/switch location guide. We are already working on the logistics of a complete documentation rewrite including full systems documentation, FMS guide, and performance documentation. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pile   

In then same topic, its possible to cut the autopilot without the autothrottle ?

I short final we need to disengage the autopilot not the autothrottle.

I didn't fine how to do this.

Its possible with the 717?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gamesyns   
2 hours ago, pile said:

In then same topic, its possible to cut the autopilot without the autothrottle ?

I short final we need to disengage the autopilot not the autothrottle.

I didn't fine how to do this.

Its possible with the 717?

 

 

Hit Z? Autopilot Disco is not connected to ATR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ACA235   
On 2017-09-03 at 6:45 PM, turbofandude said:

I'll be absolutely up front - our current documentation is lacking quite a bit. It consists primarily of an SOP checklist, basic FMS guide, and button/switch location guide. We are already working on the logistics of a complete documentation rewrite including full systems documentation, FMS guide, and performance documentation. 

Check your private message

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ha5mvo   
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 2:40 AM, ACA235 said:

Evening TFDi team

First off - nice work on this aircraft. I have a  ton of time in and MD80 that I flew with a Canadian startup company that no longer exists. 

ummm...remember them....was in Florida at the time and the company scheduled to take me home just disappeared into thin air

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now