• Announcements

• turbofandude

Proper Problem Reporting for the TFDi Design 717   07/09/2017

Folks, As the user count is increasing, it is becoming more of a task for us to stay on top of problem reports. We are also receiving an increasing amount of incomplete reports that we are unable to follow up on (which frustrates everyone, us included). On that note, we are going to be enforcing a stricter formal problem reporting system. There are a few main points that need to be addressed. ALL problem reports must be submitted via the Bugs and Suggestions system. Open discussion on the forums is fine, but our team simply cannot respond to every single comment (especially when the majority of doing so is asking for information the Bugs and Suggestions system already asks for). Incomplete reports will be ignored. This means reports like "my FPS is bad" will not be given weight. This isn't because we don't care. It is because a report like that does absolutely nothing for anyone - we can't fix it based on that. Please include EVERYTHING you can possibly think of regarding the problem and take as many steps as you can to isolate it. Prepar3D v4, despite what you have heard, can still be unstable. Yes, it is definitely possible to fly flights without issues. But it is still relatively new, as are most of the addons available for it. Please refrain from attacking us or other developers because of this. We have already had one scenario where a 717 CTD was resolved by an update to Prepar3D itself. This is likely not the only time that will be the case. You are still free to report the crashes, as it may help whoever the developers of the faulting code are solve the issue. Duplicate reports will be deleted/merged. For the sake of sanity for us trying to prioritize and evaluate issues, if we discover multiple reports of the same thing, we may merge/delete the duplicates. We strongly encourage you to search and see if your problem has been reported before. Thank you all in advance. This may seem overbearing, but this is the only way we are going to be able to stay on top and continue heading in the direction we, and the community, want.
Sanpp

1.9.1.0 Feedback

i made a flight yesterday SCIE - SCEL with a succcesful result!

Switched views a couple of times, no CTD

but, I noticed Throttles reversers won't work, Checked FSUIPC and everything is normal like it was at 1.0.9.9

they worked before (1.0.9.9 and below)

The aircraft flies great!! Congrats TFDi!

51 minutes ago, Mpw8679 said:

I am still getting a CTD when switching views

Yep, There are some people that still having that problem

I've made 5 flights with current version and no CTD yet

Just purchased this great plane....well done.

I have no issues with changing views but every time I try and switch panel lights on I CTD with no error messages.

How should you switch panel lights on.

Thanks

To any with the view switching CTD, do you happen to be using MyTraffic 6? If so, please disable it ENTIRELY (remove the BGLs, etc.). Regarding the panel lights, which simulator is this in?

On 9/5/2017 at 9:08 PM, Sanpp said:

but, I noticed Throttles reversers won't work, Checked FSUIPC and everything is normal like it was at 1.0.9.9

they worked before (1.0.9.9 and below)

Likewise my reversers have stopped working

• Like 1

Collin:  I cleaned out MT6, then did a flight EGKK-ELLX.  I changed views with enthusiasm but could not induce a CTD.  Could well be that MT6 is a problem.  I shall now have to hunt for an alternative AI Traffic programme...I hate bare, traffic free airports.

Some less important points... the FMC did not hit the speed and low altitude targets on the way to DET from Gatwick.  The Flightplan said 250/5000 but the plane kept climbing to the set cruise altitude.  Maybe I have to manually keep the aircraft at the lower alts by setting them.  Had one of those throttle fadeouts, used Ctrl+E to make everything good again.  Will turn the FADECs on and off next time.

Collin:  Sorry to be a serial commentator, but I have installed Ultimate Traffic, and although only on the ground at Gatwick I have been switching views without a CTD...several times making changes of view within a second of each other.  So it may be a real problem with MT6:  but as theirs is a reputable Traffic add-on it would be a good thing if the source of the conflict could be isolated.

Last part of the serial, for tonight at least.  Completed Gatwick to Hamburg, much view switching including entries into the FMC.  With UT no CTD. Did not use transponder so no test of airborne traffic.

Hamburg:  Approaching, on final, and landed with all the washing out

2017-09-22 (2).png

2017-09-22 (4).png

2017-09-22 (6).png

The MT6 crash seems to happen to more than just our aircraft, but I do wish they would investigate it further. Regarding reversers, yes - this was an unintended side effect of recent FADEC changes and will be resolved ASAP.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, turbofandude said:

The MT6 crash seems to happen to more than just our aircraft, but I do wish they would investigate it further. Regarding reversers, yes - this was an unintended side effect of recent FADEC changes and will be resolved ASAP.

Any chance of a reverser hotfix? I fly for a VA where we have 717s operating on 5,000-7,000 foot runways and it's getting real interesting with max brakes and pray.

10 hours ago, mspencer said:

Any chance of a reverser hotfix? I fly for a VA where we have 717s operating on 5,000-7,000 foot runways and it's getting real interesting with max brakes and pray.

I'm going to push our current updates to our internal team today - let me verify that it doesn't super break anything then I'll get it rolled out.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, turbofandude said:

I'm going to push our current updates to our internal team today - let me verify that it doesn't super break anything then I'll get it rolled out.

Sweet! Thanks!

Just pushed it out to them - let's give it a day or so to see if anything major jumps out. If not, should be good to go. This isn't the first round of testing, more like the 5th or 6th, so we should see a HUGE stability increase compared to the last COB update.

• Like 1

Great, thanks.  Also let me say how much I appreciate your interaction with those who have opted into the beta.  Other, unnamed, companiew never acknowledge a contribution and leave me feeling my attempts at assistance end up in cyberspace.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, macca22au said:

Great, thanks.  Also let me say how much I appreciate your interaction with those who have opted into the beta.  Other, unnamed, companiew never acknowledge a contribution and leave me feeling my attempts at assistance end up in cyberspace.

We wouldn't have it any other way - glad to be in a position to help.

But just to cast a shadow again:  I am finding CTDs creeping back.  My data is poor, but I flew without UTL beta and did not crash.  With a default aircraft UTL causes no problems, but with the B717 it is hard to complete a flight with view changes.  My correlation has no statistical worth, but could it be that B717 does not accept AI programmes.  Something in the interface may be the reason.

42 minutes ago, macca22au said:

But just to cast a shadow again:  I am finding CTDs creeping back.  My data is poor, but I flew without UTL beta and did not crash.  With a default aircraft UTL causes no problems, but with the B717 it is hard to complete a flight with view changes.  My correlation has no statistical worth, but could it be that B717 does not accept AI programmes.  Something in the interface may be the reason.

Nothing in the code that reads from AI aircraft is view dependent, sadly, so it makes it hard for me to extrapolate that to anything.

Ah well, hopefully the package of fixes that you have completed will make view changes more stable.  It is a tremendous aircraft and I prefer to fly it over any other yet available for P3Dv4, so hope either your work or the LM 4.1 can alleviate the problem.

I was amused to see that the US at the bidding of Boeing have slapped massive duty on a new aircraft being built by Bombardier, who have retaliated by saying that Boeing's decision to discontinue the B717 left a big gap for aircraft of that size.

Are there any particular scenarios you might like us to test for you?

I have toyed with the idea that the code in the beta begins to break down, or some of it, or somehow it, gets corrupted.  Today I did a thoroughly standard v4 sim startup,where  I always have a default scenario which includes a default aircraft selected.  I moved airports from the opening scenario, then switched the vehicle to TDFI.   The plane started cold an dark, but on the tablet instead of getting to choose the startup state, it said reset.  I fiddled with the settings on the Add-on manager, but same result.  And a normal cold and dark startup did not work either.  So I cleaned out and reinstalled so far all back to normal. Somehow something interacted with the TDFI setup but as it was not a CTD I can't show an event log, and of course I should have taken a screenshot. Sorry.