gamesyns

Status Update (Version 1.0.9.15) and the Future

Today we released an update that officially allows you guys to start trying out TrueGlass as well as some new features and quite a few fixes. As of now, TrueGlass supports rain and fog, but icing will be included soon. With each update, we are getting closer and closer to a long-term version. We have a few items we need to finish before we are ready to put it into its long-term phase. These things include but are not limited to HOLDs, ALTN FPLN, Paint Kit, and an External Model update.  These are all features that will be in the 1.1 version of the aircraft, which is going to be our final feature update for the foreseeable future. Once we reach version 1.1, our focus will be shifted from the 717 to the future of TFDi and what it may bring. We have nothing to announce now, so don't ask. :P With that version, minor reports of little importance will likely not be addressed. Updates from this point out for this product will probably only include fixes to crashes and significant issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You guys have created an amazing aircraft.  It was a long road but with hard work and persistence (along with the occasional forum abuse :D) this is now one of best (if not the best) simulated aircraft.  Congrats and can't wait for what's on the horizon.

Ilya

Oh @#^$,

Really?

Thanks so much for TrueGlass.

What a game changer.

I hope the other developers purchase this because, I seriously don't believe I'll be buying or flying any other aircraft in the future that doesn't have this.

Fantastic Guys - Thanks.

Thank you for the update, and the good news too! :)

Keep up the excelent work, I really enjoy flying your creation, congrats!

Fly safe,

Red

1 hour ago, egardian39 said:

please consider make this bird better framerates, maybe like PM*D :D 

It isn't a setting to just have better framerates, but we're looking at ways to improve it all the time.

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2017 at 9:54 AM, Chris737 said:

Will be the Airstairs added in the future?

BI27072.jpg

thanks for the update  B)

It's really hard to find any info on these since as far as we can tell, no 717 was actually delivered with them installed.

I never saw a reply on the question with regard to the eyebrow windows.  Is that by chance planned for 1.1?

Thanks,

Tyler

9 hours ago, N825TJ said:

I never saw a reply on the question with regard to the eyebrow windows.  Is that by chance planned for 1.1?

Thanks,

Tyler

Not sure at the moment, maybe @HughesMDflyer4 might have a better insight.

Well,

Just please don’t forget about it. I say that because of the recent update that basically said we’ll release 1.1 then it’s on to other things.  The eyebrows are such a minor modeling change.  I know because I helped Eric Cantu with the MD95 (Sga 717) and I learned how to do that very change.  I think it took all of about 20 minuets to tweak (external only).   I realize the model I worked on was very different.

These were things once reassured by you all to be in the works and now, by your language it sounds like they may not be important enough to get done. 

I understand bug squashing. That’s necessary and I agree it should take priority.  Just please don’t move on before making a reality some of the things promised before and during initial release. 

By the way..  this aircraft is amazing!  You all did a wonderful job.   I mean my post by no means to be a criticism.  I’ve waited for a good  MD95 for a long time.  TFDi is the MD authority and I hope you consider building more aircraft in the future!  You NAILED the 717!  Nicely done!!

Thanks,

Tyler

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CarlosRodri96 said:

H! The old spanish airline AeBal (Spanair Link) had them installed (airstairs).

Anyway, this bird is awesome. Good job guys!

Carlos,

ec-hnz-aebal-spanair-link-boeing-717-2cm_PlanespottersNet_282842.jpg

Thanks

!!!

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/Boeing/717/EC-HNZ-Quantum-Air/XdyEUJg6

fly now for Volotea !

EC-MFJ, 2000 Boeing 717-2CM C/N 55060, V72419 from Prague landing 23

all b717 have this but 90% of the Airlines didnt use it .

Best regards

Edited by Chris737

3 hours ago, Chris737 said:

Thanks

!!!

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/Boeing/717/EC-HNZ-Quantum-Air/XdyEUJg6

fly now for Volotea !

EC-MFJ, 2000 Boeing 717-2CM C/N 55060, V72419 from Prague landing 23

all b717 have this but 90% of the Airlines didnt use it .

Best regards

Most don't actually have it, the door is usually sealed and the entire mechanism removed. They usually don't have it since it adds a ton of extra weight and require additional fuel. 

9 hours ago, N825TJ said:

Well,

Just please don’t forget about it. I say that because of the recent update that basically said we’ll release 1.1 then it’s on to other things.  The eyebrows are such a minor modeling change.  I know because I helped Eric Cantu with the MD95 (Sga 717) and I learned how to do that very change.  I think it took all of about 20 minuets to tweak (external only).   I realize the model I worked on was very different.

These were things once reassured by you all to be in the works and now, by your language it sounds like they may not be important enough to get done. 

I understand bug squashing. That’s necessary and I agree it should take priority.  Just please don’t move on before making a reality some of the things promised before and during initial release. 

By the way..  this aircraft is amazing!  You all did a wonderful job.   I mean my post by no means to be a criticism.  I’ve waited for a good  MD95 for a long time.  TFDi is the MD authority and I hope you consider building more aircraft in the future!  You NAILED the 717!  Nicely done!!

Thanks,

Tyler

I wish it was that easy, it will require additional texture mapping for both the exterior and interior. It will also require a ton of remodeling in the internal VC to meet the standard of excellence we have in the entire rest of the aircraft. We will also need to rebake night textures which will take quite a bit of time to redo. So at this time, we do have higher priority items. Bug squashing isn't related to the problem, since our aircraft modeler isn't the programmer, he is just focused on renovating the exterior texturing of the aircraft and creating a really solid paint kit. Again, it is something we want to do, but we don't know when it will get to the top of our list.

Ah ok thank you !;)

And the other Points ?

Pdl1410324.JPG

the overwing Grey on the fuselage ?

717.jpg

and the textures for the rim ? When you tell me how i can this paint wich parts (the nut is the middle .... Grey or White textures so i can do this bye myself.....

best regards

Edited by Chris737

19 minutes ago, Chris737 said:

Ah ok thank you !;)

And the other Points ?

Pdl1410324.JPG

the overwing Grey on the fuselage ?

717.jpg

and the textures for the rim ? When you tell me how i can this paint wich parts (the nut is the middle .... Grey or White textures so i can do this bye myself.....

best regards

Don't have info for the other points, I only respond to things I know about ;)

On 03/11/2017 at 9:22 AM, gamesyns said:

Once we reach version 1.1, our focus will be shifted from the 717 to the future of TFDi and what it may bring. We have nothing to announce now, so don't ask. :P

OK, not asking but I'd love to see an MD-11.

• Like 4