FS98P3D

Performance

Still getting lower FPS in the aircraft than I have in the past, its a little better, but its still down there. 

FPS at KVPS Clear skies: 16-20FPS

FPS at KATL (IS) Clear Skies: 13-15FPS

idk what is going on, I disabled trueglass, and tried turning off displays on the FO side, but still get bad performance. So I might just have to deal. 

• Like 2

Same here too. The performance is still very poor for me, 3-7FPS in FSIA with clear skies, disabled trueglass and F/O Displays. PMDG and other addons 30FPS in same conditions, I have limited FPS in 30FPS.

Edited by Monty43
  • Like 1

Same here, it is practically unflyable compared to even the PMDG 737! This plane reignited my enthusiasm for simming!!! I adore it, but I hope the fps issue will be resolved as it bring my system to its knees.:(  

• Like 1

I agree, it seems as of lately each update degrades the performance of the aircraft even more. Kind of disappointed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turbofandude said:

Please try toggling hardware rendering and disabling TrueGlass 100% (removing/renaming the DLL) and tell me how it behaves.

Already tried. Still poor performance

20 hours ago, turbofandude said:

Please try toggling hardware rendering and disabling TrueGlass 100% (removing/renaming the DLL) and tell me how it behaves.

Same here, nothing I can do with settings seems to help performance. Maybe my hardware is outdated? (GTX 960) I can run PMDG birds at 40fps in the VC with my current settings. The 717 also ran well for me in FSX:SE before the P3D v4 version.

13 minutes ago, Pineapple_Wizard said:

Same here, nothing I can do with settings seems to help performance. Maybe my hardware is outdated? (GTX 960) I can run PMDG birds at 40fps in the VC with my current settings. The 717 also ran well for me in FSX:SE before the P3D v4 version.

I have a feeling its not the hardware if youre getting 40FPS in PMDG... I get 35-40FPS with PMDG at Imagine Sim KATL. 

On 12/3/2017 at 11:47 AM, FS98P3D said:

I have a feeling its not the hardware if youre getting 40FPS in PMDG... I get 35-40FPS with PMDG at Imagine Sim KATL. 

Agreed - a 960 should be alright. Did it degrade significantly after a certain update or has it always been sub-par? @Pineapple_Wizard

10 hours ago, turbofandude said:

Agreed - a 960 should be alright. Did it degrade significantly after a certain update or has it always been sub-par? @Pineapple_Wizard

Ever since the update that first included TrueGlass. 

Agreed - I saw a significant increase in GPU usage (+10%) on my Titan X Pascal (oc to 1911mhz) with the update that included TrueGlass. It may be worth noting that this increase is there whether TrueGlass is in use or not (I.e. when raining) but perhaps more significant is that even when I rename the TrueGlass DLL that hike remains. This implies the increase may not be totally TrueGlass related unless  general changes were made to the model to allow TrueGlass to function.

(With SSAA at 4 and resolution at 1440p) even in clear weather the 717 uses around 55% GPU in the VC dropping to 30% when external. Other complex VC models such as PMDG and Majestic use significantly less than this. Once you add in nice rainy weather by AS16 and GPU tops 100%. I'm locked at 30fps BTW.

On 12/4/2017 at 11:11 PM, turbofandude said:

I can't remember for sure, but it got worse after I started using P3Dv4 in May/June, though after this recent update it has been only slightly worse.

Hey all,

For those of you with performance decreases in P3D v4.x, could you try one thing for me? Load up the aircraft in cold & dark and turn NOTHING on. How is your FPS? Make sure you have the latest version of the aircraft please. 

Thanks in advance,

3 hours ago, RogueShadow said:

Hey all,

For those of you with performance decreases in P3D v4.x, could you try one thing for me? Load up the aircraft in cold & dark and turn NOTHING on. How is your FPS? Make sure you have the latest version of the aircraft please. 

Thanks in advance,

The latest version of the aircraft performance with cold and dark and trueglass removed: 5,4 FPS

2jezs3k.jpg

And 737PMDG default status: 29,7 FPS

wakmc4.jpg

Edited by Monty43

In addition to @RogueShadows request, can you also change [TextInfo.1] in your P3D.cfg to this:

[TextInfo.1]
AverageFrameRate=1,1
FrameRate=1,2
LockedFrameRate=1,3

This will allow us to get more detailed info on how the system is doing on average.

21 hours ago, RogueShadow said:

Hey all,

Thanks in advance,

As stated in my post my system is locked at 30fps but I can tell you that GPU usage jumps about 20% from cold and dark, I.e default load state, to ready to fly.

In the scenario I've just tested that was 52% dark to 71% once all displays have lit up. Note that there is zero difference if I configure rhs display as being off. 

7700k at 5.1ghz

Nvidia Titan X Pascal at 1911mhz

Windows 10 with zero installs except p3d v4.1

Edited by Boez
Spelling

11 hours ago, Boez said:

As stated in my post my system is locked at 30fps but I can tell you that GPU usage jumps about 20% from cold and dark, I.e default load state, to ready to fly.

In the scenario I've just tested that was 52% dark to 71% once all displays have lit up. Note that there is zero difference if I configure rhs display as being off. 

7700k at 5.1ghz

Nvidia Titan X Pascal at 1911mhz

Windows 10 with zero installs except p3d v4.1

Do you have any other addons installed, I know you say zero installs, but does that extend to add-ons or does P3D include your addons as well?

Testing is done with a clean DLL.XML and EXE.XML. Orbx scenery installed but objectflow not active.

Hi there sorry for responding so late. Disabling Trueglass  is not an option for me as it is the main raison d'être for getting this plane. Do not get me wrong though - this plane is fantastic in all aspects as well - it is currently the performance that makes it somewhat hard to fly in bad weather or to big airports. Disabling the reflective textures new feature in P3Dv4 helps a liitle bit in my case.

Edited by springbok

1 hour ago, springbok said:

Hi there sorry for responding so late. Disabling Trueglass  is not an option for me as it is the main raison d'être for getting this plane. Do not get me wrong though - this plane is fantastic in all aspects as well - it is currently the performance that makes it somewhat hard to fly in bad weather or to big airports. Disabling the reflective textures new feature in P3Dv4 helps a liitle bit in my case.

Hello, We happy to see you excited about TrueGlass. We're only asking if disabling it helps performance to let us know if that is the issue.

On 12/9/2017 at 8:43 PM, springbok said:

Springbok, what do you mean by disabling the reflective textures new feature?

I am also getting bad performance in some point during the flight and I've noticed it doesn't have to be related to bad weather.

On 08/12/2017 at 4:51 AM, gamesyns said:

Do you have any other addons installed, I know you say zero installs, but does that extend to add-ons or does P3D include your addons as well?

Purely for purposes of a comparison, the PMDG 747 ready to fly in the exact same scenario and settings is 43% GPU (remember from my post above the 717 was at 71%).

Could you add a setting to turn down the refresh rate of the glass cockpit displays ala PMDG?

Edited by Boez

Hi,

Just to provide a different perspective, I'm using the latest Beta version on P3D 4.1, sat on the runway at EGNX (UK2000 Scenery) with Orbx base, Vector, LC and England, Active Sky P3D and ASCA are set to generate a dynamic thunderstorm and it's belting it down, EZCA and Trackhat are also running, so is TrueGlass and I'm getting 30 - 32FPS with all sliders almost maxed.

It performs the same if not better than PMDG's 737 for me. 

I know that doesn't help everyone with issues, but it does provide a balanced view for the Devs...... If it's working for me, and there's nothing special about my setup, then there's a strong chance it might be something local.

Specs: I7-7700K OC to 4.9GHz / 16GB 3600Mhz memory / GTX 1080 Graphics Card (1695 MHz)  / SSD 960 Evo drive / Windows 10

Edited by HighFlyer525