Sign in to follow this  
N99WB

OK, I surrender. . .

The MFC is beyond me.  Maybe, just maybe I can fly

KOKC ---> KAUS using VOR's and ILS RWY 17L.

Can I get some tips on how to:

Tune the NAV's.

Set the courses

Engage Autopilot to follow the radio/nav

Thanks,

N99WB

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, N99WB said:

The MFC is beyond me.  Maybe, just maybe I can fly

KOKC ---> KAUS using VOR's and ILS RWY 17L.

Can I get some tips on how to:

Tune the NAV's.

Set the courses

Engage Autopilot to follow the radio/nav

Thanks,

N99WB

Click on NAV/RAD on the MCDU. There you can enter VOR frequency and Course...Ex : 113.30/120 or ILS 108.90/177 or NDB frequency.

Instead enter a frequency, you can enter directly a VOR name like Ex : SWR...and so...

You have also a good MCDU tutorial there :

Hope this help.

Regards,

Edited by Richard Portier

Normally we just use the MCDU to do a VOR approach on the 717, like on an Airbus or a Boeing 757/767.
We don't need to catch a radial from a VOR beacon but simply select the appropriate approach on the MCDU and that it :)

The problem is the DIR-TO function is not yet implemented on the 717 so if you fly online the ATC will guide you to intercept a course and you currently can't do a DIR-TO with an intercept course on this addon.

So you have to switch to HDG mode, enter the VOR frequency / intcp crs on the RAD NAV page then when your heading crosses the course click on the VOR ARM key and ARM the AP nav mode. 

Once the plane intercepted the course, you can continue on the track and manage manually the descent or done a DIR-TO to the next waypoint and keep the MCDU manages the descent (but be carreful: a lot of approaches are not correctly interpreted and will not work (incorrect altitude, missing waypoints...)

On 1/7/2018 at 6:16 AM, foobar said:

Normally we just use the MCDU to do a VOR approach on the 717, like on an Airbus or a Boeing 757/767.
We don't need to catch a radial from a VOR beacon but simply select the appropriate approach on the MCDU and that it :)

The problem is the DIR-TO function is not yet implemented on the 717 so if you fly online the ATC will guide you to intercept a course and you currently can't do a DIR-TO with an intercept course on this addon.

So you have to switch to HDG mode, enter the VOR frequency / intcp crs on the RAD NAV page then when your heading crosses the course click on the VOR ARM key and ARM the AP nav mode. 

Once the plane intercepted the course, you can continue on the track and manage manually the descent or done a DIR-TO to the next waypoint and keep the MCDU manages the descent (but be carreful: a lot of approaches are not correctly interpreted and will not work (incorrect altitude, missing waypoints...)

That "select the appropriate approach" part seems to be one of my problems.

That and what buttons set the AP to what state :)

I'll keep trying. . .

Thanks,

N99WB