caribpilot

717/MD-11?

With the 717 and MD-11 avionics being very similar, would it be a large task to consider a new MD-11 for FSX/P3D? The 717 is even less popular than the MD-11 but there is still a strong following for these types of aircraft. Honestly speaking, anything other than a new traditional Boeing is always welcome. It would be interesting if TFDi can build on what they've learned about the 717 to eventually create a new MD-11/MD-11F.

Well, the MD-11 uses different avionics slightly. The 717 is more similar to the MD-10. They are similar, but far far from the same. But, yeah I'd like an MD-11 from them also :D

Edited by it0uchpods

I do as well!

MD-11 or maybe an MD-88/MD-90 would be nice.

But I think they should get the 717 completely finished first ;)

Edited by it0uchpods
  • Like 1

On ‎21‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 5:34 AM, it0uchpods said:

But I think they should get the 717 completely finished first ;)

+1

But a MD-11 as next would be great!

• Like 1

I really hope that TFD can create MD-11 level and superior quality of how it did the PMDG.... as well as it did superb quality on the 717. I with MD-11 in the reality I flew for a total of 12000 hours as Pax, and before the MD-11 I had done 9000 hours with DC-10 I flew last time with MD-11 PH-KCE Audrey Hepburn between the 25-26 October of 2012 Amsterdam-Montreal-Amsterdam..

MD-11  IN VIRTUAL AIRLINE LIVERY.jpg

• Like 1

It's definitely come across our radar more than once, but it's WAY too early for us to say, with confidence, which aircraft we'll start on just yet. As has been said, there's still some more work to do, and even as the 717 is starting to approach a long-term-support capable release, we have a few smaller projects to work on before we start the next aircraft.

Thanks for the input Collin. With PMDG out of the MD-11 game and the 717 (which is way less popular than the MD-11) becoming so popular, a new MD-11 might be a good option. The only other project I can think of that is sorely lacking is a new Ejet series.

Edited by caribpilot

1 hour ago, caribpilot said:

Thanks for the input Collin. With PMDG out of the MD-11 game and the 717 (which is way less popular than the MD-11) becoming so popular, a new MD-11 might be a good option. The only other project I can think of that is sorely lacking is a new Ejet series.

We are lack of: An Updated MD 11, A studio-quality MD-90, an updated MD-80, a studio-quality E190 Jet series and a good Fokker 70/100

Maybe the best 3 options for TFDi are the Mcdonnell Douglas Aircraft

On 2017-6-14 at 3:09 AM, caribpilot said:

Hi Caribpilot.  May i ask what you mean by "PMDG out of the MD-11 game" ?

On 6/17/2017 at 4:49 PM, Plexi said:

Hi Caribpilot.  May i ask what you mean by "PMDG out of the MD-11 game" ?

They don't sell or even support it anymore.

I'd love to see TFDI tackle my beloved favourite freighter McDonnell Douglas MD-11F aswell as the MD-11 Pax for the one or two flights from EHAM-TNCM aswell as the odd LH-Cargo run into SEQU (crossed because its the old airport).

And to extend on richcam427's answer and they dont want anything else to do with their MD-11 anymore. (me recently contacting their support, by recently start of mid last year, their supporter even denying them even have made the product....)

On 6/13/2017 at 11:59 PM, Sanpp said:

We are lack of: An Updated MD 11, A studio-quality MD-90, an updated MD-80, a studio-quality E190 Jet series and a good Fokker 70/100

Maybe the best 3 options for TFDi are the Mcdonnell Douglas Aircraft

Actually Milviz is working on a Fokker family :) all good there

Milviz isn't working on the Fokker (unless KC has kept considerable secrets from me yet revealed them to the public lol).

Just to add, now with FedEx using a HGS in their MD-11s, this will allow for even more options than the PMDG MD-11 if a new MD-11 were developed. The MD-11 has a much wider history than the 717 so personally I think its a good fit to what has already been done with the 717.

Very late to the conversation - but my vote for a TFDi MD-11 with a MD-10 expansion pack and a topic bump seems like a good idea. So here it is.

Happy New Year everyone.

Posted (edited)

I know I'm very late here too, but - Yep, +1 for MD-11. As said earlier, a lot of people are hanging out for more than another 737/747/777/A320.

My wish-list would look like this:

1. MD-11/DC-10
  2. Fokker 70/100
  3. A380
  4. 727

Re: the Fokker 70/100 I would also love to get those as well but I am now well and truly stuck in the Study Level (read TFDi, PMDG, Majestic, maybe Eaglesoft too) level of aircraft. If MilViz do produce these I probably still will not purchase. Having purchased their early beta King Air 350i (and STILL not having a usable version over 3 YEARS later and several other aircraft released since) they have still not released a study level aircraft to my knowledge.

AND I would be willingly to pay PMDG level prices for good add-ons!

Cheers

Harry

Edited by Hazzanz
Add more to it