SteveS

Qantas QJE 1949 Cairns to Alice Springs

One of the routes Qantas uses the B712 on. Cairns in the tropical north of Australia to Alice Springs, the Red Center. This image shows the flight still in the coastal belt before approaching the desert. The contrast of the red center of Australia at Alice Springs is shown at the destination, with AI traffic providing similar aircraft. Prepar3D v3.5, PTA, AS2016 and ASCA, ORBX YBCS Cairns, AU Australia and YBAS Alice Springs.. Average flight times by Qantas in the B712 is 2 hours 30 mins. Note the Qantas logo on the AI aircraft engine cowl, (as in the real aircraft) missing from the TFDi 717 repaint.

2017-1-7_20-54-57-931.jpg

2017-1-6_17-3-9-746.jpg

Edited by SteveS
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, SteveS said:

One of the routes Qantas uses the B712 on. Cairns in the tropical north of Australia to Alice Springs, the Red Center. This image shows the flight still in the coastal belt before approaching the desert. The contrast of the red center of Australia at Alice Springs is shown at the destination, with AI traffic providing similar aircraft. Prepar3D v3.5, PTA, AS2016 and ASCA, ORBX YBCS Cairns, AU Australia and YBAS Alice Springs.. Average flight times by Qantas in the B712 is 2 hours 30 mins. Note the Qantas logo on the AI aircraft engine cowl, (as in the real aircraft) missing from the TFDi 717 repaint.

2017-1-7_20-54-57-931.jpg

2017-1-6_17-3-9-746.jpg

I like it! Will note however, that plane is painted like it's real world counterpart, missing the small engine cowl emblem: https://planefinder.net/images/5983902:Photo:887650.jpg

• Like 1

I've seen that shot as well, but can't find out why the logo  is missing. There are a lot of images without it. I can only guess that the logo was added later to complete the brand or VH-YQS was on lease as an interim aircraft. I will let you know my findings. Here is one with it on 8149875789_657bd7a991_b.jpg.

and here....

http://www.airliners.net/photo/QantasLink-(National-Jet-Systems)/Boeing-717-2K9/3990645/L?qsp=eJwljUEOgzAMBP%2ByZy6AaCVupQ9oD/2A5bgQiZLIcaUixN%2BbwG013h1v4LCY/Oy1RkGPJKQ8oUIkpU9Cv4G8stLbBkqez1rTXrsqL7%2BL6Yq%2Bq%2Bs8mIKFO5mMobCmrZCC2pAzXMY3ZokmDid/qBMtJ0l8vBuzt2hEn0dGe8nc%2BRRnOhxi5Gfs%2Bx9PCTtM

steve

Edited by SteveS

On 13/01/2017 at 0:13 AM, Tavers said:

Not all the aircraft have the logo on the engine. Quite a number don't

I did a version of YQY which has it. Can grab it here if you want: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i06sv42y641y4cu/Texture.VH-YQY.rar?dl=0

unknown.png

On 13/01/2017 at 0:13 AM, Tavers said:

Not all the aircraft have the logo on the engine. Quite a number don't

I did a version of YQY which has it. Can grab it here if you want: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i06sv42y641y4cu/Texture.VH-YQY.rar?dl=0

unknown.png

I've seen that shot as well, but can't find out why the logo  is missing. There are a lot of images without it. I can only guess that the logo was added later to complete the brand or VH-YQS was on lease as an interim aircraft. I will let you know my findings. Here is one with it on 8149875789_657bd7a991_b.jpg.

steve

Hi John

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for this repaint, I'll definitely use it. BTW, where did you get the paintkit from?

steve s

I Hope you don't mind, but I downloaded this for a video I am making tomorrow.

I will share this forum post to my description so to credit you with the great repaint that you have made.

Liam
(FlyManxVideos)

On 1/24/2017 at 0:35 PM, SteveS said:

Hi John

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for this repaint, I'll definitely use it. BTW, where did you get the paintkit from?

steve s

Hi Steve,

No worries. I've had the kit for some time now. This was just an update to the livery already supplied.

4 hours ago, Lairyliam said:

I Hope you don't mind, but I downloaded this for a video I am making tomorrow.

I will share this forum post to my description so to credit you with the great repaint that you have made.

Liam
(FlyManxVideos)

Hey Liam,

Cool, I'll check it out. No need for credit.