• Adding STAR once airbourne

PeterDa

717 Version: TD7171.0.9.22

MCDU Report Category: Function Related

Minidump: https://forums.tfdidesign.com/uploads/

Flying EIDW (Dublin) LIFFY UL975 WAL M16 DOLAS UL603 LAMSO EHAM (Amsterdam). Route and SID (but not STAR) entered before takeoff (1st screenshot; just after takeoff). Entered STAR enroute (e.g. approaching DOLAS; second and third screenshot), but upon inserting, flightplan springs back to GINIS (2nd waypoint on flightplan; 4th screenshot) and the plane begins to turn back to that waypoint. This is reproducable (have had it three times in a row)

001.png

002.png

003.png

004.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

@PeterDa I've reviewed the code and this scenario and cannot recreate it. I've made a change that may improve/fix this. Please let me know if it happens again after the next update.

Share this comment

11 hours ago, turbofandude said:

@PeterDa I've reviewed the code and this scenario and cannot recreate it. I've made a change that may improve/fix this. Please let me know if it happens again after the next update.

OK; i'll keep an eye out for that update

Share this comment

I have just been looking at this again in 1.0.9.28. The first time (unfortunately I don't remember which STAR into Amsterdam I picked) it worked fine, but the second time, after selecting (after XAPOS) the LAMS2A STAR and the SUG3B transition into ILS approach to runway 18R the plane began to turn to the right and then the enclosed crash happened. I have the dump file, but I cannot attach it here, and when trying to add it with a ticket I got a (fatal) message  "413 Request Entity Too Large". If you tell me how to submit this file, I shall do so.

001.png

002.png

Edited by PeterDa
    typo

Share this comment

I repeated the above procedure in 1.0.9.28 and this time it turned as before, but did not crash. I have just now updated to 1.0.9.29 and tried again: unfortunately with the same result:First image is after departure from Dublin; 2nd image is just prior to entering the STAR [LAM2A - SUG3B - ILS 18R at Amsterdam) approaching DOLAS (and TOD); 3rd image is just after entering the STAR. Just after entering the STAR (and before entering the transition) the plane begins to turn back towards ROLEX, a waypoint 6 steps before DOLAS. The fourth image is the entire route (from AivlaSoft EFB; other add-ons in use are Active Sky and ChasePlane; simulator is Prepar3D v4.1; OS is Windows 10).

001.png

002.png

003.png

004.png

Share this comment