• Sign in to follow this  

Throttle Effective Range

Mikealpha

717 Version: 1.0.7.5

System Category: Engine

Minidump: https://forums.tfdidesign.com/uploads/

Checked with two different throttles :  Range of my throttles goes from -16737 to +16737. However, EPR/N1 do not spool up until around -9000, and then immediately jumps to N1 40-45%. Reasonable taxiing is weird this way, why a waste of 25-30% effective throttle range ? 

Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I agree. Breakaway thrust should not always be exactly 40%. It should vary. At light weights the airplane should even start to creep forward at idle. In the RW,  the airplane could taxi on one engine. It should easily keep 15 knots on 2 engines and at light weights even accelerate slightly. Although I don't have RW 717 experience,  I find this common with 4 types I have experienced in level-D sims and jumpseating from 4 different types of Boeing and airbuses and embraers.

Greg

Share this comment

Well, yes, it even jumps from idle to 50% occasionally and I have no chance to avoid that with two throttles (one is a Thrustmater T 16000 and one is a high end Throttletek 737 throttle). 

If you have accidentally clicked the AutoFlight button and the ATS is active, it even takes over and sets takeoff power right away. Not a good idea on the taxiway O.o.

Should not happen.

Share this comment

thanks for heads-up, I haven't, it was set to 75.

Much better now regarding the effective range.

But still I think the EPR and/or N1 jump up too much initially. In N1 terms, I have no chance to set anything between around 22% (idle) to 40%. This let's the plane accelerate quite rapidly. Up to, see above, with ATS active accidentally, it's even leads to setting takeoff power.

How can we achieve a smooth taxi with 10kt, without riding the brakes ?

Mike

Share this comment

What did you set the axis range to? I've been able to taxi it, and others have reported its improved recently, so I'm thinking something else is up.

Share this comment

Using the Saitek x52 Pro.  Having trouble with taxiing too.  I advanced the throttle to 25% as labeled on my throttle, nothing happens for a few seconds, then N1 jumps to 50-55%.  I cant really get anywhere in between.

Share this comment

14 hours ago, turbofandude said:

What did you set the axis range to? I've been able to taxi it, and others have reported its improved recently, so I'm thinking something else is up.

I tried to set several values between 5 and the initial 75. This affects only the effective range indeed, but does not really have influence on the problem, also described in the previous post by jskoker ( then N1 jumps to 50-55%.  I cant really get anywhere in between.).

Throttles are a simple Thrustmaster T16000 and a high end Throttletek B737 throttle with a lot of travel.

I tried to get smoothly with just a few kt to a gate with docking signals, there's really no way to accomplish that in a believable manner.

Mike

Share this comment

Can you a grab a video/gif of it? I want to see exactly what it's doing (the numbers, timing, etc.) - we should be able to get it corrected.

Share this comment