Tried it to the letter (as you said, is quite easy), but it doesn't work either. Still getting the same error when loading up the aircraft in P3D. The only difference between my setup and the one of the video/instructions is that my copy of MS Office 2010 is in Spanish, that's why I made separate installations of the Access Database Engine, one in English and another one in Spanish (and both appeared as installed in Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs). In fact, before installing the Spanish version I made a test trying to loading the aircraft and got again the same error.
In all of my looong years of simming, I only remember having remote assistance three years ago due to a faulty installation of the infamous Couatl engine from FSDT. This developer has been blamed for having such a complicated piece of software that has caused a lot of trouble in a good amount of setups. The current situation with the 717 makes me remember those times. Hopefully you'll find a less troublesome path in the future for your 717. I wish I have more time available to continue playing with this. I'll give up until I revamp my sim PC in the following months (new CPU, GPU, W10 and a more recent MS Office in English) and will see what happens with the B717.
No luck with it, definitely!.