gamesyns

What to expect with P3Dv4

Hello All!

With the announcement of v4, we can finally tell you the official plan for v4. At this time, the 717 does not work in v4. We have not had the opportunity to compile and test for v4. We plan to bring you the 717 for P3Dv4 soon™ but are focused on finalizing 1.0.8.0 for the currently supported platforms. If you have not already, please read Lockheed Martin's announcement on the new platform. http://prepar3d.com/news/2017/05/114164/

Cheers

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lucky_885 said:

May I ask what your position is on the other 64bit sim: FSW?

Once we hear from them officially with regards to licensing, we can make a statement.

Licensing? I always thought FSX and derivatives are a platform just like an operating system is a platform. With so many third party addons out there, I never thought licensing would be a thing companies would have to do in order to create addons commercially.

Anyway, if anyone form Dovetail Games reads this: please don't make licensing too complicated, or even better don't make it a requirement at all. FSX has survived 10+ years because of third party developers.

• Like 2

Do you guys think you'll be able to utilize the new dynamic lighting system in v4 in some way to get around the poor night-lighting compromises that we have right now?

48 minutes ago, molleh said:

Do you guys think you'll be able to utilize the new dynamic lighting system in v4 in some way to get around the poor night-lighting compromises that we have right now?

Unfortunately not, the new dynamic lighting does not support Variability and shadows.

18 hours ago, gamesyns said:

Unfortunately not, the new dynamic lighting does not support Variability and shadows.

@molleh We do, however, have some other ideas planned to resolve this for v4 and potentially v3 (FSX would not be affected) utilizing some P3D-only features.