Plexi

Virtual Memory

Hi Guys and Gals.  Got an issue that's causing me a right headache.  Every time i try to fly this aircraft within 5 to 10 minutes i get a message telling me i have run out of virtual memory then shuts down FSX. My PC Specs are Asus MB X-99 Deluxe. Intel i7-5820k CPU@ 3.30GHZ.  Corsair 16mb Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX980 4G On board Memory. 1t SSD.  Any ideas. Tried most of what has been suggested but no luck so far.  Am i lacking in something somewhere? 

Thanks in advance

Many regards 

Plexi.

Hello Plexi,

you are getting an OOM. FSX is a 32bit program, which is inherently bad at offloading memory when it is done using it. So if you are trying to fly to heavy scenery with AS16, PMDG aircraft and high settings the sim wil not be able to run it.

My recommendation is to turn down your autogen density, and scenery complexity. Also to change your textures in the FSX.cfg to 1024 of max 2048 if it is set to 4096.

Cheers,

Lars (LarsTheAviator)

• Like 1

On 2017-6-10 at 7:58 AM, Plexi said:

Hi Guys and Gals.  Got an issue that's causing me a right headache.  Every time i try to fly this aircraft within 5 to 10 minutes i get a message telling me i have run out of virtual memory then shuts down FSX. My PC Specs are Asus MB X-99 Deluxe. Intel i7-5820k CPU@ 3.30GHZ.  Corsair 16mb Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX980 4G On board Memory. 1t SSD.  Any ideas. Tried most of what has been suggested but no luck so far.  Am i lacking in something somewhere? 

Thanks in advance

Many regards 

Plexi.

You are lacking P3Dv4 which solves this problem as it's a 64 bit - and the 717 runs really well in it.B)

Edited by paulhand

1 hour ago, paulhand said:

You are lacking P3Dv4 which solves this problem as it's a 64 bit - and the 717 runs really well in it.B)

It doesn't solve it, it just gives more memory, but you are still able to run out of memory if you push everything to the max. Turning down some settings is a good way to start. Though I got to agree that buying P3D V4 would also help a lot

Cheers,

Lars  (LarsTheAviator)

• Like 1

Thanks for the response guys.  I guess i'll  have to get P3dv4 then? That's a bit steep i think. Spent a small fortune on FSX and all that goes with it as you guys well know and have done yourselves. I am a bit gutted to have to change for one plane though.  Why do they not say its not so hot for FSX before you buy it? That really P3D is the way to go with this aircraft.  Its a shame, its a great little plane but if its not going to get me any further than 20 or so miles from the field before it comes to a screaming halt and crashes FSX its about as useful as a bus with no wheels!  I wonder is there anyone that can max out any of these sims with out these problems cropping up all the time, seems a bit stupid to give all these options in the first place if they are unobtainable.  I would have to re-purchase all my PMDG aircraft and i have all of them apart from the piston pounder. Orbx has issues with P3d with a lot of its stuff. i'm getting depressed just typing this!!  I think i'm going to go find a dark corner and sit awhile.

Thanks Guys

regards

Plexi.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Plexi said:

Thanks for the response guys.  I guess i'll  have to get P3dv4 then? That's a bit steep i think. Spent a small fortune on FSX and all that goes with it as you guys well know and have done yourselves. I am a bit gutted to have to change for one plane though.  Why do they not say its not so hot for FSX before you buy it? That really P3D is the way to go with this aircraft.  Its a shame, its a great little plane but if its not going to get me any further than 20 or so miles from the field before it comes to a screaming halt and crashes FSX its about as useful as a bus with no wheels!  I wonder is there anyone that can max out any of these sims with out these problems cropping up all the time, seems a bit stupid to give all these options in the first place if they are unobtainable.  I would have to re-purchase all my PMDG aircraft and i have all of them apart from the piston pounder. Orbx has issues with P3d with a lot of its stuff. i'm getting depressed just typing this!!  I think i'm going to go find a dark corner and sit awhile.

Thanks Guys

regards

Plexi.

We're not forcing you to go and buy v4. We built this aircraft with P3D in mind, but gave support for FSX as we knew we were all moving in the direction of 64 Bit software. I know that a large majority of our customer base flies it fine within FSX, you may just need to tone down the sliders. As far as being able to max out certain things, you can blame the ESP platform for it's inability to handle this.

I got the VAS chime just sitting at Fxscenery KSAV preparing for departure today!  On short flights such as KSAV-KATL I have gotten the chime pulling into the gate.  Todays was the first I got before I even pushed back o.O  Something changed with one of the later versions of the bird.  Im not sure what but of all the issues I've had with her VAS was never one of them in the earlier iterations.  My issues started with the spot view.  I don't know which version it started on but for some reason the plane is zoomed STUPID far out, even in the FSX setup menu.  This requires zooming in once it loads the flight.  All I did was zoom in so I could see it at the gate (I hate when Im not parked on the lead in line)........and she started chiming.  Maybe Fsxcenery has an issue but considering I've gotten the warning flying into other airports from other developers, all I can do is look at the common denominator.  Whats worse is I even backed off my settings hoping that that would improve things, so far it almost seems like that didn't really help.  Ever since I first purchased this plane the day it was initially released, I've never had to back down my settings.   I'm really happy with the plane but this new issue is really bugging me.  Like i said something changed in these recent versions, and its having an ADVERSE performance hit on my machine.......aka Weak Sauce!  Stop reminding me that I need to rebuild this stupid thing TFDI.........Im dreading all the things I'll have to reload just to fly again O.o

I agree with Novej & Plexi there is a VAS issue with the last several builds

Since I purchased the 717 and have been in the Opt-in testing, I have not had a VAS issue just sitting at the airport programming the CDU...

At my home airport of FlyTampa Tampa with version 1.0.9.0 I ran out of VAS.

These are my computer specs:

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
Nvidia 16GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache

I agree on the 32 bit infrastructure is not as good as 64 bit , but I was able to fly the 717 almost anywhere using ORBX products and many payware airports without problems

Every now and then I had VAS issues, but not like what I am seeing with the latest build..

Plus I am not flying it currently until they fix the Spot/Locked spot issues

Rick

Edited by papab

20 hours ago, LarsTheAviator said:

It doesn't solve it, it just gives more memory, but you are still able to run out of memory if you push everything to the max. Turning down some settings is a good way to start. Though I got to agree that buying P3D V4 would also help a lot

Cheers,

Lars  (LarsTheAviator)

To be fair the OP talked about virtual memory and v4 has solved that for the foreseeable future, but no dispute from me that you can run out of physical memory if you push the sim hard enough.

cheers

Edited by paulhand

How is the VAS in FSX and will the team make any subsequent improvements in VAS ? this is the only issue keeping me from buying this.I do not want to switch to P3D.

Guys telling someone "oh just go and buy P3d v4"  isn't really an adequate solution when the bird is billed (and was originally introduced) for fsx.  You don't know peoples personal situations or in my case levels of laziness and procrastination (I mean all the addons in fsx alone that I would have to reload...........OMG.  I have all the parts to rebuild my Weak Sauce aka computer and I still haven't because of that reason alone :ninja:)....I digress.  Lets also not forget as awesome as V4 is, not every FSX addon supports it yet.  Some developers may not at all.  The original poster clearly stated his issue is in FSX.  He looks to have a more than capable machine.  I think many of us (with fsx) will agree this VAS issue is a new one that even the earlier (albeit worse versions of our bird) did not suffer from.  I mean there are guys (myself included) who have ran out of virtual memory before PUSHBACK O.o!  Though your advice is greatly appreciated, "go get V4" doesn't really help us right now.....

Now to @Plexi one thing that helped me was changing my texture max load under the graphic section of the FSX.cfg from 4096 to 1024.  All my flightbeam, fsdreamteam and flytampa sceneries still work fine with that setting.   But so far no more VAS warnings.....(to date I haven't had an OOM yet!)

Hi Guys and Gals.  Many thanks for the comments, its much appreciated.   I have turned down my Autogen and Scenery Complexity and gave it a poke and a push and its much better.  I can do a whole flight now and it copes ok.  For @Joseph44 Although things are turned down a few notches so to speak things outside the window still look good, i mean there are little differences but for now i can more than live with it. Inside i have not had any issues with the VC ,albeit quite weird sitting in an MD-11/ MD-88 and seeing Boeing but hey as long as it doesn't say Airbus!! :D....ok i know...it doesn't say Boeing, i only jest ;).   Cockpit doesn't look as sharp as it does in some You Tube Vids which i was a bit disappointed with especially when you consider how compressed the Vids are on there. But hey Ho i'm a happy chappy right now. Its a great little addition to my fleet, me thinks if your PC is up to it you'll be happy.  To @Novej I have not had to change my FSX.cfg i have not had the option for 4096, its at 1024 and yep all is pretty ok. But don't rule me out looking in the wrong place!

As regards P3dv4 I have heard and read good and not so good cant say i have heard or read bad about it.  I am gonna leave it on the back burner for awhile and see how things pan out as the weeks go by as Novej said all those addons,  Scenery, Aircraft,...hope!

Thanks all

Many Regards

Plexi.

I am getting out of memory errors too with FSX.   My PMDG aircraft run fine and I never get oom with them.  I know a while back PMDG sent an update that helped with its VAS usage. I do not want to purchase Prepard  V4 and I do not want to reduce sliders just to fly this aircraft.  So, I am hoping TFDI can do the same as PMDG and send an update to fix its VAS usage problem.

specs: I7 7700K, gtx1060,16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz

Then allow me to say what everyone is thinking. I think the new build has a VAS leak. I am sitting on the ground in Seattle and I'm about to get an OOM. This did not happen before. Just saying.

Scott

I also have the VAS usage problems with the latest build. I never had those problems with the original release. I cannot complete a flight like I use to be able to.

Scott Erb