cwdefouw

Displays going black during flight

Question

I have had this happen twice on the most recent version as of June 8, (1.0.9.0, I think). During the flight usually at around an hour in, the four leftmost displays suddenly go black, the two rightmost displays stay on with no issues. I can click the black displays and bring up the 2D windows, which display fine, which allows me to continue, but I don't think this should be happening, and I can't imagine it is a problem with my machine as two of the 6 displays do not exhibit the problem. After the first occurrence, I uninstalled the aircraft, downloaded a new copy of the TFDI Addon Manager Installer and reinstalled everything. Had the same problem on the next flight the next day. I did not have this problem before the last update. A screen capture is attached, system specs are below.

Thanks,

Chris DeFouw

System Specs:

Proc: I5 2570K

Graphics: Nvidia GTX970

RAM: 16GB

Conventional HDD

Prepar3d v3.3

717_DisplayFailure on 6_9_17.JPG

Alright, our temporary solution for this issue is as follows:

Wait until textures show up on displays, once this happens, go to settings and disable VC Mipmapping. Click okay they should be back, now go back into settings and re-enable it.

I'm having the exact same problem! About an hour in and the 4 left displays go blank but still work in 2D.... No warnings/EICAS messages everything is working fine.

Save P3D, Force Persistence Save and restart P3D and open the flight again and the displays are back.

I7 6700K

Nvidia Titan X

32GB RAM

Samsung NVME SSDs

Windows 7 Enterprise X64 and P3D 3.4.18.19475

My occurrences were as follows...

6/8/17 - Flight was KTPA to KATL on the RAGGZ1 arrival to Runway 27R

6/9/17 Following complete uninstall/reinstall of the TFDI Addon Manager and B717 plane...

Flight was KMSP to KMCI on RBA3 arrival to Runway 19R

Thanks,

Chris DeFouw

Thanks for letting me know; I'll forward this to the rest of team and we will keep you guys posted. Flight Sim Con happened this weekend so we all appreciate your patience in our delayed response during this time. 

Cheers,

KATL to KMDW and KLAX to KSFO when this happened.

Since posting that I had this problem earlier, I have not been able to recreate the problem.

Thanks,

Brett 

8 minutes ago, turbofandude said:

Do you happen to have a lot of other graphics intensive addons installed, or have your settings particularly high?

FSDT KLAX 

Flightbeam KSFO

Imaginesim KATL

FlyTampa KMDW

ORBX NA

ActiveSky16

All settings nearly maxed out on P3dv4... no performance issues on the aircraft when this happened, just had the left 4 displays go blank. If you opened the displays in 2D they still function normally.

Thanks,

Brett

Please try reducing your settings slightly - P3D v4 has been a MONSTER on video performance so far, so chances are, it's maxing something out.

For me, this is occurring on P3Dv3.3. Medium settings, This did not occur before the most recent version upgrade.

Same problem for me except they did not go black.  They were filled with what looked like vegetation.  Green and black.  I only purchased the plane a few days ago and have the latest updates. 

Edited by kenthom

Is there anything happening on this problem?   I have attempted several flights at different locations and it continues to happen making the plane unflyable.

I thought after the update today that possibly this issue was solved but it was not to be.  Forty miles from destination they all turned to a camouflage color.  UGH

On a flight from KATL to KMSP and around 45min into the flight I lost my left 4 screens like everyone else is reporting. P3D3.4. I noticed they work when there pop-outed.

Edited by Dan Moore

I also got the same. My first flight today with the 717 on P3DV4 from CYYZ to KMSP. I did it two times and it happened in both. Fortunately the co-pilot displays was working so I was able to land safely.

em353AQ.png

The left screen shows something like broken screen to me (like electrical problem?). The first time it happened at least one more of the other black screens had also the same broken textures. I was also getting some error messages the first time I went to external camera with EZdok referencing some texture files, I'm not sure if its related, I'll screenshot them next time. Also I don't have any weather or ground radar indications...

PS. The plane is beautiful! 

Edited by Ifikratis

Next flight also did exactly what lfikratis' screenshot shows...weird yellow blobs at 90 minutes in. Very annoying. Saved and restarted P3Dv3.4 and it's back to working fine.

1st leg was DTW-DCA and this one is ATL-MDW. Interesting that it happened both times a few minutes into the descent.

Edited by and1049

Same flight... after restarting P3D it was fine... continued the approach and the displays crapped out again on a 10 mile final. This REALLY SUCKS!

IMG_8833.JPG

• Like 1

Any reply from the developers that they are working on it? Obviously to turn down display settings is not a solution..

I have grounded my 717 until this is fixed.

Edited by Ifikratis

Also just experienced this with Captain and 2 centre Displays going black during the flight (roughly an hour in) on P3D v4, no CPU or GPU spikes or anything out of the average to indicate why its doing it, the FO side still works fine and 2D pop-ups are working fine?

The 717 is not the only airplane that can have this happen. We have also have not been able to recreate this. We've also had scenarios where disabling all addons prevented the screens from blacking out, which leads us to believe there is a conflict somewhere. @Ifikratis We reply every time this gets reported (this isn't the first, by far). We will be doing what we can, but it's hard to fix a problem that isn't specific to us and that we don't have.

We are working on trying to find a solution, but information is limited.

Interesting reply.  I only had the plane for a very short time and all worked well.  But I have been adding airports and weather as they became available in V4.  It will be very difficult to pin down what is affecting the panels.  This plane will remain in the hangar until a solution is found.  Frustrating.