• 0
cwdefouw

Displays going black during flight

Question

I have had this happen twice on the most recent version as of June 8, (1.0.9.0, I think). During the flight usually at around an hour in, the four leftmost displays suddenly go black, the two rightmost displays stay on with no issues. I can click the black displays and bring up the 2D windows, which display fine, which allows me to continue, but I don't think this should be happening, and I can't imagine it is a problem with my machine as two of the 6 displays do not exhibit the problem. After the first occurrence, I uninstalled the aircraft, downloaded a new copy of the TFDI Addon Manager Installer and reinstalled everything. Had the same problem on the next flight the next day. I did not have this problem before the last update. A screen capture is attached, system specs are below.

Thanks,

Chris DeFouw

System Specs:

Proc: I5 2570K

Graphics: Nvidia GTX970

RAM: 16GB

Conventional HDD

Prepar3d v3.3

 

 

717_DisplayFailure on 6_9_17.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
7 hours ago, turbofandude said:

The 717 is not the only airplane that can have this happen. We have also have not been able to recreate this. We've also had scenarios where disabling all addons prevented the screens from blacking out, which leads us to believe there is a conflict somewhere. @Ifikratis We reply every time this gets reported (this isn't the first, by far). We will be doing what we can, but it's hard to fix a problem that isn't specific to us and that we don't have.

 

We are working on trying to find a solution, but information is limited.

This is the only aircraft I'm having this issue with and all the scenery (flightbeam) and orbx is p3dv4 sdk compatiable, I am only running active sky and vpilot otherwise, gpu and cpu usage is normal within the flight with gpu barely rising about 55/60.

I have been able to replicate this every flight, is there a log I can send you since it's a beta? I also see people reporting the same issue with 3.4 which wasn't in your previous build so it would indicate it's something to do with the aircraft?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 hours ago, turbofandude said:

The 717 is not the only airplane that can have this happen. We have also have not been able to recreate this. We've also had scenarios where disabling all addons prevented the screens from blacking out, which leads us to believe there is a conflict somewhere. @Ifikratis We reply every time this gets reported (this isn't the first, by far). We will be doing what we can, but it's hard to fix a problem that isn't specific to us and that we don't have.

 

We are working on trying to find a solution, but information is limited.

It is strange, cause I did three flights and it happen to all three of them. My add-ons in P3DV4 are all P3DV4 compatible. ORBX,ASP4,ASCA, FSDT, Flightbeam, latest FSUIPC. And also it only happens to the 717 for me. If I can also send you something to help you recreate it, please let me know. Please try to fix this as it ruins this beautiful aircraft for me, I can't fly it if I  have this problem every time.

Edited by Ifikratis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I agree and something changed with the plane and not our systems. I have made no changes with my system except to update the 717. This didn't happen with the earlier non-v4 update. Also this problems is being reported by v3 and v4 users so this tell me it's the plane. There are too many reports of it happening for it to be a computer issue. I would like the previous update back because it worked.

Edited by Dan Moore
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Loaded latest version in OpenBETA into P3d V3.4 and same thing happened, black screens after 45mins - again not affecting the FO side 2 screens and the pop-ups work, this is essentially making the aircraft unusable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

As per this thread it seems the Addon XML new format may be to blame (potentially!) :o as having removed them I am no longer having this issue...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

So it is TFDi specific as we suspect. I beg the devs to prioritize this as indeed the plane is unflyable with that bug.

Edited by Ifikratis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Just to reiterate - I have NEVER had this issue, nor have any of our developers, at any time throughout development and testing. That makes this almost impossible to debug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Good morning,

Sorry if there is already a solution for this problem, but I didn't find one in the forums.

I`m having the same problem as reported above for the first time today. I've flew the 717 several times and never had this problem.

 

The flight is form CYVR (Fly Tampa))  to KATL (imagine sim). In the middle of the flight i had exactly the same problem as reported above with the 4 left most display going blac (piture attached). The 2 (co pilot) right display are ok. The dblack displays works perfect in the POP-UP mode.

 

The flight before this was from KJFK (FSDT KJFK V2) and then started this flight without leaving the simulator. Please find below my specs:

I7 4790 OC 4.6ghz

MSI GTX 1080 8GB

Samsung 28" 4k Screen

ORBX all region, FTX Global/Vector/OPEN LC NA, Active Sky for P3D updated

Prepar v 4.1

TFDI last update for the 717 and add-on manager

Settings: As per attached pictures (Performance is  27 FPS Steady (locked at 27)

 

As menioned Ihave never had this problem before.The only differences from this flight from the others is that i was able to increase the settings (after version prepar v 4.1*) and I also tweaked the LO-RADIUS in the CFG file for 8.5.

 

Hope the above can help you to solve this problem. Thank you for the great add-on and keep up the good work!!

 

Cheers,

 

Plinio

 

 

 

 

Display Weather.jpg

Settings Display.jpg

settings lighting.jpg

Settings world.jpg

2017-10-14_13-3-31-667.jpg

Edited by plinio
* Prepar V 4.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

1 hour 42 minutes 45 seconds into this video (Link should start from that point)

P3d v3.4
FTX au
Middle of the Australian Desert over an hour after departing Alice Springs for Darwin.

Ran the Config program immediately before booting up P3D.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I'm new to the 717 but I've had this on my first flight as well 2 hours 11 minutes in from EGKB to LXGB. I've attached the screen grabs to show the 2d displays working OK but the displays in the VC appear to be showing terrain from somewhere. I've also attached the flight plan if that's any use.

I only downloaded this today via the addon Manager so I presume it's the latest version.

I'm running Win 10 Pro 32gb Ram and P3dV4.1

Regards

Brian

2017-11-26_22-55-34-219.jpg

2017-11-26_22-56-32-304.jpg

EGKBLXGB01.xml

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, BrianT said:

I'm new to the 717 but I've had this on my first flight as well 2 hours 11 minutes in from EGKB to LXGB. I've attached the screen grabs to show the 2d displays working OK but the displays in the VC appear to be showing terrain from somewhere. I've also attached the flight plan if that's any use.

I only downloaded this today via the addon Manager so I presume it's the latest version.

I'm running Win 10 Pro 32gb Ram and P3dV4.1

Regards

Brian

2017-11-26_22-55-34-219.jpg

2017-11-26_22-56-32-304.jpg

EGKBLXGB01.xml

We've seen this happen in V4 (to other aircraft, as well) and none of us have ever been able to find a conclusive cause. We've made several changes to attempt to mitigate it (to no avail) and we've had... difficulty getting Lockheed to acknowledge/work on other issues with us. I hate to offer such an empty answer, but this has haunted us for quite some time. It's yet to happen to any of us in-house, so it's been chasing ghosts here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 hours ago, turbofandude said:

We've seen this happen in V4 (to other aircraft, as well) and none of us have ever been able to find a conclusive cause. We've made several changes to attempt to mitigate it (to no avail) and we've had... difficulty getting Lockheed to acknowledge/work on other issues with us. I hate to offer such an empty answer, but this has haunted us for quite some time. It's yet to happen to any of us in-house, so it's been chasing ghosts here.

Hi Collin, thanks for the reply. I have to say I fly the PMDG 747, 777 and 737 as well as the Majestic dash 8 and I've not seen this problem before. I do appreciate however that unless you can replicate the problem then it becomes difficult to fix. If there is any debugging you wold like me to run or further system specs then please let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi Dev team-

I hate for this to be my first post on these forums.  I love your aircraft and fly it all the time.  But I wanted to add my name to the list of users with this issue.  I would be happy to provide you with any log or even if you wanted to screen-share with me to check out my systems.  It is the only aircraft I have that does this.  I have removed the add-on manager from FSDT, which didn't help.  I then tried to update it (a couple of recent updates from FSDT), but that still has the same issue.  I work around it by saving and closing P3d v4.1 and restarting it.  The screens come back great from that...but they then go dark around 2 hours or so (since loading up in the aircraft).  Sorry for the issues, I know how annoying it can be to try and troubleshoot stuff like this, especially without being able to replicate them.  I would be happy to work with you guys in any way.  If not, I wish you much luck in finding the bug.  Take care.


John Bartlett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 6/23/2017 at 6:40 AM, rdtv said:

As per this thread it seems the Addon XML new format may be to blame (potentially!) :o as having removed them I am no longer having this issue...

 

1

Hi,

Where should my fslabs A320 folder be moved to? because its in the P3Dv4 addon folder

Robbie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Add my system to the list of this bug.  I've tried using the most minimum settings with P3d and I get the same results.

As the others in this forum have mentioned this is the only payware aircraft that has this problem

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Luv2fly1957 said:

Add my system to the list of this bug.  I've tried using the most minimum settings with P3d and I get the same results.

As the others in this forum have mentioned this is the only payware aircraft that has this problem

 

 

If you use this, does it happen? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
17 hours ago, gamesyns said:

If you use this, does it happen? 

 

Installed it as directed and after about 75 minutes in the air, black screens again. 

I guess at this point I will wait and hope for a fix.

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Luv2fly1957 said:

Installed it as directed and after about 75 minutes in the air, black screens again. 

I guess at this point I will wait and hope for a fix.

 

Thank you!

I have a feeling this is an issue with P3D since I have seen this happen to other aircraft as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 12/12/2017 at 7:55 PM, gamesyns said:

I have a feeling this is an issue with P3D since I have seen this happen to other aircraft as well.

Do you mind if I ask you which aircraft you have had this happen to?  I ask because not one of the other aircraft I have does this. Just want to compare notes. 

I love this plane but it's basically useless at this point for me. It's annoying to have to reset the flight right on approach, when connected to VATSIM, because of displays going away. 

 

Thanks. 

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I am currently performing my very first flight with TFDi 717 (bought it last night): LICJ-LIMJ.
Left four of the six displays have just gone black. I was doing nothing special at that moment.
They show up correctly when selected as pop-ups. I hope I will finish the flight using this workaround.

I am using Prepar3Dv4.1. I also use FSL A320, PMDG NGX, Majestic Q400 and some GA aircraft. I have never had disappearing displays before.
What an awful feeling, I was so happy to buy this aircraft. :/
I love the way it looks and sounds. I like its uniqueness so much.

Is there any posible way around known to avoid this problem?

displays.jpg

Edited by Rafal
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

So I read somewhere (can't find the link) that you can only have 27 add-ons in the Documents/P3DV4 Add-on directory enabled at a time. So I disabled a few so id only have 27 enabled via Options> Add-ons and it fixed my other planes, but not the 717. So TFDI I have to believe because of this its something with YOUR aircraft. 

Robbie  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now