cwdefouw

Displays going black during flight

Question

I have had this happen twice on the most recent version as of June 8, (1.0.9.0, I think). During the flight usually at around an hour in, the four leftmost displays suddenly go black, the two rightmost displays stay on with no issues. I can click the black displays and bring up the 2D windows, which display fine, which allows me to continue, but I don't think this should be happening, and I can't imagine it is a problem with my machine as two of the 6 displays do not exhibit the problem. After the first occurrence, I uninstalled the aircraft, downloaded a new copy of the TFDI Addon Manager Installer and reinstalled everything. Had the same problem on the next flight the next day. I did not have this problem before the last update. A screen capture is attached, system specs are below.

Thanks,

Chris DeFouw

System Specs:

Proc: I5 2570K

Graphics: Nvidia GTX970

RAM: 16GB

Conventional HDD

Prepar3d v3.3

717_DisplayFailure on 6_9_17.JPG

Hello Dude,

You bet, I'm always changing settings and installing new addons (sometimes frequently), especially now that I changed my rig and I'm still tuning some stuff. The only thing the computer is free are non-related software, since I use it solely for flight simulation (currently P3D v4.1, maybe someday X-Plane will co-exist).

On 03/02/2018 at 5:18 PM, turbofandude said:

Can you think of anything in particular that changed since before you had the issue?

Nothing that I can remember really... But I activated probably Lens Flare, and not sure if one notch up of LOD Radius. Other than that installed a few sceneries and REX SkyForce (raised cloud texture sizes to 2048), and PTA settings, once in a while I change something.

Happy to report that after installing 4.2 today the black screens ( or whatever color they went to) are gone. Only one flight but it would have happened in the first 30 minutes yesterday. 2 1/2 hours and no problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/13/2018 at 6:12 AM, turbofandude said:

We believe LM may have fixed this with 4.2 - can you confirm?

Took me a week to get to my PC and update to 4.2 but happy to confirm all is working well. 2.8 hour flight and no issues.:D

• Thanks 2