Tull

Ground roll is far too quiet ...??

Hi Guys

i bought this aircraft yesterday, been following its progress for a long time, I think it is very very good, I really do.  I'm a long time simmer since 1999 and I've bought all the major airplanes in this time including Leonardos Maddog which was awesome in its it day, which had fantastic sounds like yours does, but ...were are the ground roll sounds on take off and landing..they are far too quiet. Defo needs improvement. Look forward to some input on this one  it spoils the immersion for me.  Cheers  

Regards

Paul EGCC

Hey Paul,

This was something @HughesMDflyer4 and I were talking about. The ground roll is there BUT some nasty thuds when you hit the runway lights wouldn't hurt ;). Im just trying to find a sweet spot for the audio to not be too obnoxious like you're taking off in an airport that doesn't know how to maintenance their runways lol.

• Like 1

Thanks for your input guys, obviously obviously you know your job inside out, I've been flying your airplane all afternoon here in the 🇬🇧 U.K. and it is bloody fantastic! Wow....love it! I guess I'm just used to the ground roll sounds and also  on take off, I miss it on this airplane...it would be a nice addition if we had a bit of noise on the ground but anyway, no worries, you guys no your stuff. Thank you again. 

Regards

Paul EGCC 

@PilotRockey Hey Brandon, funny i was just thinking about this same topic the other day. Maybe I'm crazy but I thought in one of the earlier alpha builds there was more cockpit ambient sounds (rumble, shaking effect, etc.) Did you pull these or am I dreaming this?

Greg

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

@PilotRockey Hey Brandon, funny i was just thinking about this same topic the other day. Maybe I'm crazy but I thought in one of the earlier alpha builds there was more cockpit ambient sounds (rumble, shaking effect, etc.) Did you pull these or am I dreaming this?

Greg

Sweet I'm not the only one.... I could have sworn there was a more pronounced ground roll in the initial release..... Maybe a placebo.... (shrug)

On 6/30/2017 at 6:27 PM, Sandman said:

Greg

Initially during testing TSS had sent us a sound pack that needed some things fixed/changed. This was way early on. Closer to release, a new sound pack was sent and pushed out. The sounds were night and day. So yes, it could possibly be there was more going on in the initial push of the aircraft.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PilotRockey said:

Initially during testing TSS had sent us a sound pack that needed some things fixed/changed. This was way early on. Closer to release, a new sound pack was sent and pushed out. The sounds were night and day. So yes, it could possibly be there was more going on in the initial push of the aircraft.

Is there a posibility to add V-speeds FO callouts?

1 hour ago, PilotRockey said:

@Sanpp I can't deny nor confirm we can do something like that ;)

Hope you'll add it! It will make this aircraft completely perfect!!! :D

I also agree, a few more sound effects (relays, rattling when hitting turbulence, etc.) would add to the immersion level, the 717 has grown on me with the latest updates, keep up the good work guys! 

I added some door rattling audio sound from a home video. It definitely adds a nice touch to the roll sound because you can hear that thing rattle not only in the cockpit but also from the front row. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mistrfiksit said:

I added some door rattling audio sound from a home video. It definitely adds a nice touch to the roll sound because you can hear that thing rattle not only in the cockpit but also from the front row. 

Agreed.   I've not been on many jetliners that didn't have something rattling, or a couple of metal pinging sounds from the galley.