Hi,

I've read some of the topics here about frame rates. Here's my situation. When aircraft is cold and dark, I'm getting 30-40 FPS. Once I begin to power up and start engines, FPS go to 15-20. Airports are FlyTampa Midway and KATL Imaginesim. Just wondering if this is normal. Once in the air, frames go back up to 30-40.

Thanks.

Edited by SGerfen

I believe it was said that the displays can cause a heavy FPS hit,  especially when around airports . Many of us still believe there is a vsynch issue with the plane which is very noticeable when running our monitors at 30hz.

Edited by Dan Moore

Same issues here. As soon as I power up the aircraft I get pretty huge FPS hits on the ground. Cold and dark FPS is fine. Departure and arrivals I can get down to 7.4 FPS. Up at cruise back to 30. This is a new issue for me since P3D v4.

i6600K @ 4.6

980Ti

32gb ram

FPS locked @ 30

***UPDATE***AA was on SSAA x8....This was causing huge FPS hits. Setting to MSAA X8 and I'm 30 FPS and stable so far. 

Edited by Wispy

I experience the same thing, but my FPS is dropping at a certain frequency. So with everything powered up, I get around 30-40FPS, but it drops down to around 7-10fps every 3-4 seconds, and the right up again. I suspect that it might have something to do with flashing lights while on the ground, but I can't be certain. Will investigate further tonight and see if I can reproduce it in all conditions, or if there are scenery or plugins interfering with it.

Running P3Dv4 with latest hotfix and latest cBeta of the aircraft. 

Unflyable for me .. still in hangar ...(probably forever)

Edited by FeRo

1 hour ago, FeRo said:

Unflyable for me .. still in hangar ...(probably forever)

Can't be that bad...

I'm thinking TFDI has there hands full with the  problems that have arisen with the V4 release. Things like crashes, ND displays, etc. The plane was doing pretty good until v4. Hope we hear a status update soon on what they have figured out. 

On a side note PMDG has it share of issues with v4 also.

3 hours ago, Sanpp said:

Can't be that bad...

depend from it, what you expect from product .. I saw people those flying with 5-10 fps ... look at on youtube .... sorry but this is not for me ... I don't say that I have  5-10 fps but 25-30 +  VC stuttering.  ít's not my standard.

Edited by FeRo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, FeRo said:

depend from it, what you expect from product .. I saw people those flying with 5-10 fps ... look at on youtube .... sorry but this is not for me ... I don't say that I have  5-10 fps but 25-30 +  VC stuttering.  ít's not my standard.

Hello FeRo,

I have seen some video's as well. Needless to say that when I did some research I found out that people that made some of them where either running insanely high settings, had a low performance pc or had both... 

I do agree with that the 717 is heavy on every system. But I have an GTX760 stock speed and I still get 50FPS in flight and around 40 on the ground at airports from FSDT and FT with cloudy skies..

So my guess is you are either demanding to much of your system or something is wrong with the 717. I'm not saying it's not. I have seen enough weird things during the past few years ;)

Cheers,

Lars (LarsTheAviator)

Fps on the simulatiors are very affected by a lot of things. Its not only GPU/CPU, but ALL the addons that you have. For me, the 717 has the same impact as the Aerosoft A320 or pmdg 737. I have an i5 4690k (stock) ,8gb DDR3 , GTX 970. Most of the time i get 20-25fps on aerosoft Airports. Sometimes drops to 17-18, during taxi, in a busy airport. And i use the ICE traffic. AI traffic has a huge impact on FPS.

Edited by Theodoros Melis

20 hours ago, LarsTheAviator said:

Dobrý deň, Fero,

Videl som niektoré videa je rovnako. Netreba dodávať, že keď som robil nejaký výskum, som zistil, že ľudia, ktorí z niektorej z nich, kde buď beží šialene vysoké nastavenia, mala nízky výkon počítača alebo mali obaja ... 

Súhlasím s, že 717 je ťažká na každom systéme. Ale mám rýchlosť GTX760 legálne a ja ešte dostať 50fps v lete a okolo 40 na zemi na letiskách od FSDT a FT s zatiahnutej oblohe ..

Takže môj odhad je, ste buď náročné veľkú časť svojho systému alebo niečo je s 717. zle Nehovorím, že to nie je. Videl som dosť divné veci v priebehu niekoľkých posledných rokov;)

Na zdravie,

Lars (LarsTheAviator)

for clarification... I say in general .. some people fly with 5-10fps globally, I did not talk about 717 .... 

PMDG 777  - 55-60fps(smoth)

PMDG 747 - 50-55fps(smoth)

other planes - 50-60fps(smoth)

tfdi 717 - 20-35fps(heavy stuttering)

with the same settings sim

i7 5820k@4,6GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX 1070-OC, Win 10 64bit, P3D v4

Edited by FeRo

I think the displays needs some work when using 8 SSGG ad when flying other complex aircraft example (747 PMDG) I am having over 50+ fps in the 717 i'm getting around 21 and this is with ASUS 1080 STIX OC edition there is something not right i've said this in the past and i'm sorry i just cannot enjoy the product and if i could i would get a refund immediately because we've spent alot of money on this aircraft to fly in total stutters it seriously needs addressing 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, highflyer2010 said:

I think the displays needs some work when using 8 SSGG ad when flying other complex aircraft example (747 PMDG) I am having over 50+ fps in the 717 i'm getting around 21 and this is with ASUS 1080 STIX OC edition there is something not right i've said this in the past and i'm sorry i just cannot enjoy the product and if i could i would get a refund immediately because we've spent alot of money on this aircraft to fly in total stutters it seriously needs addressing 

You're on a beta, things will not work perfectly. This is where we work on addressing issues, as you can see, we don't hide in our forums.

When I was in FSX, the Hardware Render option was a detriment to performance.  I switched over to P3DV4 and upgraded my vid card from a 970 to 1080Ti.  In the latter case, the Hardware Render Option made a significant boost to performance and smoothness.  Didn't see anybody mention trying this on the thread.

Ilya

• Like 1

Is the stable version compatible with p3d v4 yet? because if it is i'll gladly come out of the beta then i shouldn't have any problems regarding the FPS should i. Also i never said that you hide in your forums i was simply stating my point across and it would be really helpful for the members in here experiencing the same same issue to reassure them that the problem is getting optimised or resolved? i've not came across anything that this problem is getting looked at. 

Sean

10 hours ago, highflyer2010 said:

Is the stable version compatible with p3d v4 yet? because if it is i'll gladly come out of the beta then i shouldn't have any problems regarding the FPS should i. Also i never said that you hide in your forums i was simply stating my point across and it would be really helpful for the members in here experiencing the same same issue to reassure them that the problem is getting optimised or resolved? i've not came across anything that this problem is getting looked at. 

Sean

The current stable version will be updated once we have a stable version for V4. It is inherently unstable and may have FPS problems due to it being a new simulator and a new way to compile afaik. We are working on optimizing the plane, but optimization isn't just a switch in some code. It's hard for us to figure out why some people can run the aircraft with little to no issues while others who shouldn't be having issues do. If you do want us to be able to try to pin point the issue, please fill out this form. http://forums.tfdidesign.com/index.php?/bugsandsuggestions/717/performance/&do=form&d=2

Once again, we appreciate the reports, and we'll try to do our best to see if we can find places to optimize, but it may take a while. 

P3Dv4 unstable? Why i'm having with PMDG 777/747/737 55/60fps in cockpit and with 717 28/32 FPS ? It's P3D problem or 717 problem? By the way, every time i use 717 cant change views..always crash the sim...P3D problem or 717 problem? Others don't crash..just the 717....

He never said the sim was unstable,  He said the V4 717 was not stable.  Read the post before getting all riled up.  

3 hours ago, Ilya_Plt said:

He never said the sim was unstable,  He said the V4 717 was not stable.  Read the post before getting all riled up.  

Yep, That's why we are on a beta testing team, Community opt-in-beta

45 minutes ago, rcirilo said:

Sory..my english interpretation was diferent. I'm from Portugal. Sory guys.

Don't worry, I'm not from a Country where we speak english

No problem.  I know things get lost in translation.  English was not my first language either.  It can be confusing.

:)

Ilya