Sanpp

1.0.9.13 Feedback

Guys! New update is out! So share your thoughts here!

I'll share mines when It finished downloading (125kbps :/)

Did one flight so far. Only odd thing I noticed is that I had a cabin pressurisation issue on departure. Cabin rate exceed 5400 FPM for a moment, then fixed itself. Not sure what happened there. Other then that so far so good. :) 

EDIT: Almost forgot. I selected 16000 LBS of fuel in the manager. Send to sim as normal. But it filled me to 24,000 LBS. So I'm no sure if the manager didn't connect to the sim properly and that's what was already in my aircraft. I'll do another test soon.

Edited by Wispy

6 minutes ago, Wispy said:

Did one flight so far. Only odd thing I noticed is that I had a cabin pressurisation issue on departure. Cabin rate exceed 5400 FPM for a moment, then fixed itself. Not sure what happened there. Other then that so far so good. :) 

You didn't happen to do a PACK OFF departure, did you?

14 minutes ago, ProfessorMadman said:

You didn't happen to do a PACK OFF departure, did you?

Negative, PACKs were on. I'll do a few more flights and see if it happens again. 

Just finished one flight and starting another. I confirm Wispys feedback regarding cabin rate notification with packs on, but disappears in a matter of seconds. Started a second trip now and it occurred again. No ToC ToD arrows, or v/s indication to where descent rate leads to (i mean similar to the green banana in boeing 7s family, sorry i don't know what its called, or if it is a feature to be added in the future). I might remove the 717 completely and do a fresh install just to check. 

Otherwise very smooth, taxi thrust is definitely fixed, manual flying as always a pleasure, from waypoint to waypoint jolts very much improved just a little yoke movement but following the path correctly, no stutters smooth as silk.

I am eagerly waiting for the next set of features to be added, climb/desc weather data entry, and trans alt and level entry.

Having so much fun at the moment. Thank you TFDi team for this gem

p.s. forgot to mention that I think STARs such as the LIBRO 1F/1G for LICC (Catania airport) still do not display correctly which affects ToD calcualtion so i have to do a manual fix e.g. entering alts and sometimes removing waypoints which render circles or contorted display rather than a smooth vor dme semi circular path.

Edited by numpty
forgot addendum
  • Like 1

CTD as soon as 717 is loaded.  It was working great up until yesterday, so I have spent the day troubleshooting a MSVCR90.dll CTD instead of flying.  New installs etc, still CTD.

So, not great!

I've been flying the 717 for several weeks now and besides the engine roll back issues which can be fixed by cycling the FADEC to ALTN it's been a joy to fly. Last night I received a message that the Add-on Manager had an update along with the new 1.0.9.13 update. I installed the update but decided to wait until tomorrow to fly. This morning I opened the manager and another update appeared. After it finished I loaded upon the 717. After the planed loaded I got a crash warning from P3Dv4. I checked the event long and it was a Kernalbase.dll error. I've never gotten a kernel crash before and this is the first system crash I have had in almost 3 months and I have done almost 100 flight with different aircraft in V4. 

I loaded up the aircraft again and this time it seems to be working. I started loading up the MCDU when I noticed there is a lag (fade) effect going on. With previous builds everything was instant. What ever you did here made it worse.

• [CHANGED] Implemented new FMS/MCDU threading model to mitigate laggy display/systems issue

Seems like some bugs are fixed and new ones are introduced. I should have just waited to update. 

Edited by Dan Moore

I have had 2 crashes in 2 hours in p3d V4 with this release. No errors messages, just no response from p3d for some time and the windows busy symbol displaying (circle) , and then p3d shuts down. Both times I was clicking a few times on panels.

Another issue that is present for me (also on previous releases) is that sometimes the overhead lights stop working (ext power, apu gen , nav lights, ...), and I think maybe also the buttons themselves. When clicking the panels described above (crash), I was trying several pushbuttons after I saw the lights on these buttons were no longer responding (ex. external nav light button pushed in or not -> no light and I also think no response of the nav lights externally).

Another possible small issue,  I think the V/S wheel animation on the MCP is reversed? Rotating the wheel down should be VS up (mouse wheel rotation is correct though). Unless this is a "717-ism"

On the previous beta release I also had the engines shutting down once, this was after opening and closing a menu. Have not encountered this is the latest release after opening the menus several times, so is this fixed?

Just to add some info, I use avast as antivirus even though all shields were inhibited during the installation of the latest 717 version and also while running p3d (I read some antiviruses can cause a lot of issues these days).  Hardware rendering was off (not using this because on previous versions tablet screen was empty). Dynamic lighting was on in p3d.

Apart from some issues, that I'm sure will be fixed,  this is a great add on and I'd like to congratulate TFDI for the good work !

Thank you.

Kind regards,

54 minutes ago, gamesyns said:

Does uninstalling and reinstalling solve any issues with the crashing?

no, still a CTD without error

Anyone having a CTD issue, please disable all other addons (temporarily) to see if it still crashes. Please let us know how that goes - if there is a conflict or similar, we can at least start trying to figure out why. If somebody is willing to let me TeamViewer in to their computer and debug it directly, I'd more than happy to. That said, the 717 doesn't use MSVCR90.dll which leads me to believe the problem exists somewhere else.

1 hour ago, ai1 said:

I have had 2 crashes in 2 hours in p3d V4 with this release. No errors messages, just no response from p3d for some time and the windows busy symbol displaying (circle) , and then p3d shuts down. Both times I was clicking a few times on panels.

Another issue that is present for me (also on previous releases) is that sometimes the overhead lights stop working (ext power, apu gen , nav lights, ...), and I think maybe also the buttons themselves. When clicking the panels described above (crash), I was trying several pushbuttons after I saw the lights on these buttons were no longer responding (ex. external nav light button pushed in or not -> no light and I also think no response of the nav lights externally).

Another possible small issue,  I think the V/S wheel animation on the MCP is reversed? Rotating the wheel down should be VS up (mouse wheel rotation is correct though). Unless this is a "717-ism"

On the previous beta release I also had the engines shutting down once, this was after opening and closing a menu. Have not encountered this is the latest release after opening the menus several times, so is this fixed?

Just to add some info, I use avast as antivirus even though all shields were inhibited during the installation of the latest 717 version and also while running p3d (I read some antiviruses can cause a lot of issues these days).  Hardware rendering was off (not using this because on previous versions tablet screen was empty). Dynamic lighting was on in p3d.

Apart from some issues, that I'm sure will be fixed,  this is a great add on and I'd like to congratulate TFDI for the good work !

Thank you.

Kind regards,

The button response issue is definitely concerning - are you able to reliably recreate it? Regarding the MCP wheel being reversed, I will verify with our pilots.

Great update generally, FADEC is behaving much better, no issues with rolling back throttles, and the engines are actually responsive on the ground (no 10-15 second spool for taxi thrust). Reversers work again.

Only issue I've encountered so far has to do with speed protection and autopilot behavior. The aircraft overspeeded by 60 knots, and despite it being annunciated, the aircraft did not enter any sort of overspeed protection mode.

I also noticed something a little odd. When accelerating on departure I activated PROF instead of CLB THRUST 35000, and the aircraft actually started pitching down significantly and losing altitude to gain airspeed, instead of maintaining altitude and gaining airspeed. To my knowledge hadn't seen that behavior before.

So far great work though!

• Like 1

Hello, 3 flights completed. So, here is my feedback

The pressuization bug shows up for me too. Just for a momment, but is there. The descent phase is now realy painfull, my plane keeps overspeeding and if I use the parachutes speedbrakes I need to shut off the AT as it start to acellerate like crazy even 50kts above the desired speed. And as it is very effective, I have to keep opening and closing the speedbrakes all the descent. Now, thats a pretty old bug, but in this buld it seems even worse. 

The plane just can't follow most (or all) of the procedures (SIDs, STARS...) When you see the word "intercept" on the FMS, you have to delete ALL of them. Otherwise the plane starts to turn like crazy. And even deleting that entries, the plane turns to the wrong side. Please, don't ask on what procedure I've seen this. All of them seems to be wrong. Its realy easy to find one.

31 minutes ago, etops said:

Hello, 3 flights completed. So, here is my feedback

The pressuization bug shows up for me too. Just for a momment, but is there. The descent phase is now realy painfull, my plane keeps overspeeding and if I use the parachutes speedbrakes I need to shut off the AT as it start to acellerate like crazy even 50kts above the desired speed. And as it is very effective, I have to keep opening and closing the speedbrakes all the descent. Now, thats a pretty old bug, but in this buld it seems even worse. 

The plane just can't follow most (or all) of the procedures (SIDs, STARS...) When you see the word "intercept" on the FMS, you have to delete ALL of them. Otherwise the plane starts to turn like crazy. And even deleting that entries, the plane turns to the wrong side. Please, don't ask on what procedure I've seen this. All of them seems to be wrong. Its realy easy to find one.

I can confirm I've done 2 flights and have seen the top two, pressurization and the AT/descent speed bug.

Can confirm. It happens right after the packs come back on after take-off and during climbout.

59d00614448bf_cabinrate2.thumb.JPG.9e71449dbef44d74c671f205a2f40b3f.JPG

It also happened on descent, I also noticed packs were off during approach and landing. The cabin pressure schedule was kinda squirrly, too.

AT descent and the SIDs/STARS issue also happened in my flights 

I've notice that my N1 keeps rising even when the throtles are at iddle position. That happens when I open the speedbrakes and desengage the AT. I recicle the throtles (F1 or move my joystick throtle foward and back quickly) the N1 drops to ~40%. So I close the speedbrakes and when I re-engage the AT the throtle keeps in the iddle positions but the N1 start to rise util around ~55%. 

Made my first flight after the latest update, and I'm sorry to ask, but...did you release the correct code?! The descent is a mess, the plane just won't make the descent, it will keep rising the power even with A/T disengaged, and no matter what vertical mode you are, either PROF, or IDLE CLAMP, or VERT SPEED, whatever.

And the speedbrake is a total failure, whenever you deploy it the plane will pitch down like 10 degrees and reach vertical speeds as high as 10,000 FPM, which is so unrealistic it looks worse than those default old flight simulator's jets.

VRef also seems to be somewhat out of tune, it will never match what is informed in the FMS, always requiring some 10 knots higher. Also the "yellow bar" in the speed tape I'm not sure if it's being applied correctly: is the airspeed low protection supposed to kick in whenever one reaches the yellow bar? What I know from other jets it should be the red bar instead.

The ground friction seemed worse to me in this latest version, requiring more power to break-away and keep typical taxi speeds. Usually these kind of jets will taxi at idle, and if the weight is kind of low it will even require some occasional brake applications, because otherwise it will build up speed.

One last observation, after takeoff upon crossing thrust reduction/acceleration altitude the FD would command a too much low pitch. That's because I was still hand flying at this moment and would not lower the pitch that much, but it gave me the impression that if I were to obey it's command the airplane would descend instead of keeping a low rate of climb while it accelerates.

I think it's time to hangar this beauty and wait for some more fine tunings...

Is there any way of going back to the previous update. Except for the engine roll back issues I had no major issues with it. Now I have to put it in the hanger again until these new issues are resolved. I'm going to miss the 717 until it fixed. 

I am getting the same behavior as ETOPS.   I am seeing that the aircraft has a hard time actually idling making descent and slowing nearly impossible.. i will reinstall to see if this fixes it because I don't see others complaining about it (most others).

EDIT:

I also agree that there needs to be a straight forward path to roll back the current version to the previous version.

Tyler

Edited by N825TJ

30 minutes ago, N825TJ said:

I am getting the same behavior as ETOPS.   I am seeing that the aircraft has a hard time actually idling making descent and slowing nearly impossible.. i will reinstall to see if this fixes it because I don't see others complaining about it (most others).

EDIT:

I also agree that there needs to be a straight forward path to roll back the current version to the previous version.

Tyler

You can submit a ticket and we can remove the COB from your account. This will return you to the current public release.

No,

Sorry!

Thats not what I mean.  I mean to be able to roll back to the previous COB build..  I am COB but if it becomes unflyable totally, I can't test anything anyway... 

Thanks!

After a reinstall I still have the N1 creeping up while on descent... Very hard to keep flying.  I found if I switch to alternate FADEC it works fine..

bad work around... 

Tyler

9 hours ago, etops said:

I understand your frustration.

However, I will be very blunt. If you not going to submit a proper report, I would prefer you not stay on the COB branch. Reports like this are not helpful at all.