gamesyns

1.0.9.14 Feedback

I just tried making a flight with the latest updates (.DLL sent via message + update this night from Addon Manager). Everything fine until cruise (disregarding the ground model which is very bad, looks like I'm taxiing over mud, and also disregarding the gauges behaviour during engines startup, i.e., lack of N1, lack of FF, etc). Now, initial descent went fine, she did descent automatically within the symbol of TOD, and I was at FL360. When she was about the FL 280 the engines started building up EPR/N1, with engine noise and thrust raising accordingly - obviously airspeed increase as well up to the point of achieving well over overspeed. Disengaging A/T did not help at all, what did help was entering into FADEC ALTN MODE for both engines.Tried once reverting to normal mode but the problem returned, so I kept the FADEC alternate. Then crossing ten thousand things seemed to have normalised, since I returned to normal FADEC mode and commanded speed intervention (or whatever denomination the 717 uses) from the typical 245/250 KIAS to 220 KIAS. Now the worst part, as she was crossing about 7 thousand P3D v4 just crashed to desktop, no messages shown before, no messages shown later, nothing, just total disappointment...

Tested .14 in two flights. No stability problems here. VNAV is better but still some flaws. Drom TOD to around 17000ft speed was fine, but then the overspeed problem occured again all the way down. Speedbrakes make the problem even worse (again, too slow reaction of the throttles and then overcorrecting).

I also saw that the data for VOR on the display disappear with an ILS present. While I could understand this can happen to VOR1, it is a problem if VOR2 data disappears as well. I certainly need this data for many approaches including ILS where DME is done with a seperate VOR. Also it is essential for most MAP. I cant really believe that this happens in the real aircraft as well.

Thanks for your support!

Regards

chris

3 hours ago, PhugoidEffect said:

I just tried making a flight with the latest updates (.DLL sent via message + update this night from Addon Manager). Everything fine until cruise (disregarding the ground model which is very bad, looks like I'm taxiing over mud, and also disregarding the gauges behaviour during engines startup, i.e., lack of N1, lack of FF, etc). Now, initial descent went fine, she did descent automatically within the symbol of TOD, and I was at FL360. When she was about the FL 280 the engines started building up EPR/N1, with engine noise and thrust raising accordingly - obviously airspeed increase as well up to the point of achieving well over overspeed. Disengaging A/T did not help at all, what did help was entering into FADEC ALTN MODE for both engines.Tried once reverting to normal mode but the problem returned, so I kept the FADEC alternate. Then crossing ten thousand things seemed to have normalised, since I returned to normal FADEC mode and commanded speed intervention (or whatever denomination the 717 uses) from the typical 245/250 KIAS to 220 KIAS. Now the worst part, as she was crossing about 7 thousand P3D v4 just crashed to desktop, no messages shown before, no messages shown later, nothing, just total disappointment...

Hi PhugoidEffect,

Out of curiosity were you changing views when it crashed?, I've experienced multiple crashes with no warning (Like you describe) when changing views.

1. I have no CTD with P3V4 after installation of older NVIDIA drivers. I have always problems with the latest drivers. Maybe an option to change your drivers.

2. A observed a strange behavior if i got the advice to use the speedbrake to lower the speed but instantly the power levers advanced to almost the crz target EPR.
It's the as in your car if you activate your parking brake and at the same time you hit your accelerator pedal

update from me:

After some try and error I was able to isolate my cause of CTDs (withour error messages when loading the aircraft). I removed the "Panel" folder and copied the default F16 Panel folder into the 717 directory. I can now load the aircraft without a CTD. All displays are ofcause black - as I thought. But my Flaps are fully extended and I can't do anything with them.

FSX Acc 1.0.9.14 tested with 2 flights first with ILS app second with RNAV. All in all good. Cabin rate indication as stated is fixed. A bit of micro-stutters, not detrimental to simming but previous dll seems to be very smooth despite cabin rate notification.

2 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

update from me:

After some try and error I was able to isolate my cause of CTDs (withour error messages when loading the aircraft). I removed the "Panel" folder and copied the default F16 Panel folder into the 717 directory. I can now load the aircraft without a CTD. All displays are ofcause black - as I thought. But my Flaps are fully extended and I can't do anything with them.

At risk of telling you something you already know, by removing the panel folder, you've essentially gutted the 717 of most of it's operational software,  not unlike solving your car stalling problem by removing the engine and replacing it with the one in your lawn mower. LOL

On the other hand, I suppose if it had not 'fixed' your problem, that would significant. So carry on!

Edited by odourboy

32 minutes ago, odourboy said:

At risk of telling you something you already know, by removing the panel folder, you've essentially gutted the 717 of most of it's operational software,  not unlike solving your car stalling problem by removing the engine and replacing it with the one in your lawn mower. LOL

On the other hand, I suppose if it had not 'fixed' your problem, that would significant. So carry on!

yeah I know, but at least it is now clear that one of the files in the Panel folder is causing the crash. Will will try some more changes inside the panel folder later today to narrow it down even more

Hi!

Bought 717 yesterday. I did couple of flights yesterday with no problems (amazing product!). Today I updated to 1.0.9.14 and after that I have experienced two total freezes. P3D just freezes and I have to close it manually.  Both freezes occurred when changing views. I use ChasePlane. Should I file a bug report or is this a known problem? 

Thanks! 

here we go: After 2 houres of try and error I am able to narrow down the CTDs to the panal.cfg file and some "texture=" keys!

I did the following steps:

1. disabled all gauge and texture keys in every section -> No CTD

2. enable all gauge keys -> No CTD

3. endable the texture keys one by one -> some no CTD, some CTD. If CTD I disabled the key again and enabled to next

----------------------------

I tested tll [Vcockpit16] so far: Follwoing keys are causing CTDs on my end:

[Vcockpit13]
background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024
pixel_size=1024,1024
//texture=$int_04

//texture00=RL_3, 0,0,1024,1024

[Vcockpit11]
background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024
pixel_size=1024,1024
//texture=$int_02

//texture00=RL_1, 0,0,1024,1024

[Vcockpit09]
background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024
pixel_size=1024,1024
//texture=$int_annunc_2

gauge00=717!annunciators1,0,0,1024,1024

[Vcockpit07]
background_color=0,0,0
foreground_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024
pixel_size=1024,512
//texture=$vc_5_lm

gauge00=717!radios_xpndr_lm,2,191,1020,184
gauge01=717!afs_lm,2,2,1020,186

[Vcockpit06]
background_color=0,0,0
foreground_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024
pixel_size=1024,512
//texture=$vc_5

gauge00=717!radios_xpndr,2,191,1020,184
gauge01=717!afs,2,2,1020,186

[Vcockpit04]
background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024
pixel_size=1024,1024
//texture=$vc_3

gauge00=717!tablet_left,2,2,763,509
gauge01=717!tablet_right,2,512,763,509

[Vcockpit02]
background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024
pixel_size=1024,512
//texture=$vc_1

gauge00=717!du_5,2,2,509,510
gauge01=717!du_6,513,2,509,510

--------------------------------------------

My system specs:

Win10 Home IP 16281.rs3_release.170829-1438 (German)

P3Dv4.exe - 4.0.28.21686

.NET 4.6.1/4.6/4.5.2/4.5.1/4.5

10 hours ago, Watkin Tench said:

Hi PhugoidEffect,

Out of curiosity were you changing views when it crashed?, I've experienced multiple crashes with no warning (Like you describe) when changing views.

Never left the Virtual Cockpit, I have some preset views managed by ChasePlane, some internal, some external, but restricted myself to the internal ones knowing about this tendency of CTD'ing when switching views to external.

Using P3dV4 64bit beta

I just completed two very good  flights without any surprises  after many training flights teaching myself the systems and procedures.  From take off to climb to cruise to descent and Autoland  the plane responded as expected. The decent from cruise  was via Flight Change, I did not use the descend profile feature as I cannot control descent and speed without spoilers or very early deployment of flaps. Since I own my Airline I taped over the PROF button. :) Yesterday I was frustrated with my lack of knowledge of plane, what's the difference today?  I READ the damn book. :) I download the Crew Training Manual for the 717 and spent quite a bit of time in Volume 3, I love learning this stuff.

Great job Tdfi as the plane is modeled very well relative to systems and procedures compared to the docs. In my opinion  It's a bargain at $59 US  and just going to get better. Great fun to fly! Thank you.

Bob

Edited by bobp
  • Like 2

Just did a quick flight again. Cabin rate is gone (woot). I did the same exact flight as last night and the aircraft captured TOD but had a hard time slowing down and came in about 1000'-900' above the intended waypoint altitude. Yet it showed perfect descent on the ND page. LOC capture was fine but I had to intervene to get low enough to the G/S. It had a hard time slowing down, even with engines at idle and V/S was around -400  -700fpm, I still had to dump quite a bit of spoilers out. Even with gear down and flaps at 18 it had some reluctance to slow up.  Other than those, it flew fine for me. Hand flying still feels nice and as far as taxiing, it still has a tendancy to slow to a stop with engines at idle. This might be correct if the aircraft is heavy but I know, for those light on fuel and weight, it takes onlyh breakaway thrust and very little throttle movement to keep it rolling (except crossing runways and hard turns). My guess is that when/if you guys are able to customize the engines that there might be better adjust that? I'm not sure, I'm not a dev. Anyway, still a good airplane and fun to fly. 

I did notice another thing while testing. I did two RTO's for practice and got the BRAKES OVERHEAT alert. Which is good but the MASTER CAUTION light on the glareshield didn't come on with it. BOH is a boxed alert and that would trigger the MC light to come on. 

That's it for now. Thanks. 

Now, talking about brakes overheat I noticed the temperatures kick in too quickly, and they fade away too fast as well. Usually they take time (a few minutes) to show up and then take LOTS of time to come down to normal levels, even with brakefans to a certain degree, which is not the case anyway.

5 hours ago, turbofandude said:

@Kaiii3 Do you happen to be using multiple GPUs or do you have a monitor plugged in to your onboard graphics port?

No, I have a single GTX 980 with two monitors. The main is plugged in HDMI and the second is DVI. My current driver is: 387.78

@Kaiii3 We'll definitely need to schedule a one-on-one session to get this debugged.

@Mistrfiksit Regarding MC alerts - it seems, in our experience and research, that not ALL boxed alerts cause the MC to illuminate, it's selective. Do we know for a 100% fact that BOH causes it?

@PhugoidEffect Regarding brakes - do we have any real world numbers/reference for this? A lot of these sorts of things are more guess and check than anything else for us, because we unfortunately can't burn up a real one's brakes to test... lol.

P3D V4 I have no lights in the cockpit. Dome light doesn't work nor any of the panel lights. The only thing that lights up is the displays on the MCP ie the speed, heading etc and the radio displays.

This seems to have been the case since the new lighting system was introduced. Was hoping this latest update might fix it but no still the same issue.

1 hour ago, Blayden said:

P3D V4 I have no lights in the cockpit. Dome light doesn't work nor any of the panel lights. The only thing that lights up is the displays on the MCP ie the speed, heading etc and the radio displays.

This seems to have been the case since the new lighting system was introduced. Was hoping this latest update might fix it but no still the same issue.

Do you have Dynamic Lighting enabled?

1 hour ago, gamesyns said:

Do you have Dynamic Lighting enabled?

Yes. But it makes no difference whether on or off.

4 hours ago, turbofandude said:

@Mistrfiksit Regarding MC alerts - it seems, in our experience and research, that not ALL boxed alerts cause the MC to illuminate, it's selective. Do we know for a 100% fact that BOH causes it?

@turbofandude Absolutely 100%. I checked it before I posted. I try to post things with a black and white (or color) reference rather than tribal knowledge or from memory as to not overload you guys from other issues. 

Here are the references for brake overheat alert:

BOHDESC.JPG.0b175d3469e203af5d3b579d25524537.JPG

BOH.thumb.JPG.57852fae1fe00a496b7f4c972b34a96f.JPG

As far as cool down, it's not doesn't bother me because on a long taxi it cools down just enough before take-off so I can keep flying. I reality it could take up to 5 hours for the brakes to cool down to a safe temp (depending on OAT of course). I've added a temp time chart. 

BOHTEMP.JPG.99eab1402ed65a581f0187ff870653c6.JPG

Here's the reference for the Alert system. Level 2 alerts are the boxed alerts that always come with a MC light. Level 1 alerts may or may not cause the MC light to come on.   

MWC.JPG.eb4c4c06fbd67fff6cf83256d71ca222.JPG

Hope this helps. Thanks. 

Edited by Mistrfiksit
  • Thanks 1

Getting CTDs when trying to load the airplane on P3DV4 

It worked good once and Im not getting reverser to work