Philip Harris

What graphics settings are people using in P3D V4

Hi everyone, this isn't a complaint about the 717 performance as I know a lot of it has to do with the simulator platform itself which is why I've not put this in support.

I'm running a 4790k (OC 4.4GHZ) and GTX1080Ti in P3D v4 with all the usual AS2016, ORBX LC Global Vector, Payware airports -- the usual stuff

I was wondering if anyone had a similar setup, and what graphics settings they find give a good balance between performance and visuals. Right now my frames are lower than I'd like and I was wondering what other people turn down / or find has the biggest frame gain for the least visual impact. Until the 717, my frames never dropped quite this low and its spoiling the immersion.

I realize that there is no perfect answer here!

Many thanks

Phil

I have just about all of Orbx's stuff.  So last night I made a flight from Melbourne to Canberra in the 717 in P3Dv4.1, with AS4 on, UTL traffic at 60/40%, and ALL sliders fully maxed out and had great frames and not CTD or problems whatsoever.  In 3.4 I wouldn't even be able to get the plane on the ramp at Melbourne.

And this is what I'm running.

Win 7/64

i7 4790 Quad Core 4.00 GHz
4 GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

REX TD HD and PTA

I too have similar specs 4790k, 16gb ram, 980ti with the usual stuff.  I pretty much all sliders on max but use 4xSSAA during daylight flights and 8xMSAA during evening (HDR) flights.

I'm still in search of the holy grail of perfect settings (even bought Process Lasso Pro to tweak settings).

Regards,

HL