Hi guys,
Since the last update the wx radar does not shown anything. did you notice that also?
Cheers

Hi @gamesyns

I'm using ASP4 on p3d 4.1. Weather outside is pretty bad (I tried some metars from badbadweather.com) but nothing is displayed on the ND with max gain.
I've no problem with the CRJ from Aerosoft.

Bumping this. I have the current Milviz/REX WX Radar gauge on my P3D V4.1 installation. It's working in other aircraft but i don't get anything appearing in the 717. 'WX ON' is flashing on the display and rain is pouring down outside. Test mode paints the screen and runs through the various tests but advance it to WX and nothing. Latest available beta version of 717. Do I need to configure something?

I should add that I don't see the wx.dll anywhere in the panel.cfg so it's not surprising that it's not working for me. 

The DLLs are loaded dynamically by the code, which is why they are not in the panel.cfg. Can you all confirm your operating systems and that WX Advantage/AS are updated?

Edit: I just saw that you said it was current - how long are you waiting to see if any returns appear? It can take up to 15 seconds sometimes, depending on various parameters.

Running Windows 10. I was using default P3D V4.1 weather for testing this - Major Thunderstorm theme, (though I have AS installed and up to date). WX version # that appears in the add-ons tab is V1.40.0 (direct from JB).

Just to confirm, I left it on for an entire short flight (KSFO to KSMF)... nada.

Screenshot:

WX Radar.jpg

Edited by odourboy

56 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Major Thunderstorm theme

There’s your side. I don’t beleive that TFDI’s radar will display precipitation from any source other than Active Sky. The sim’s weather won’t show up, for example. That is, unless they have taken the path like Aerosoft did and make it compatible with any weather system. Not too sure.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

There’s your side. I don’t beleive that TFDI’s radar will display precipitation from any source other than Active Sky. The sim’s weather won’t show up, for example. That is, unless they have taken the path like Aerosoft did and make it compatible with any weather system. Not too sure.

" The WX Advantage Radar System is a unique, advanced weather radar system that can be used with ANY 3rd-party weather engine, freeware weather engine, as well as the built-in weather of the flight simulator. "

Correct, we display weather from both REX/Milviz WX Advantage and Active Sky. 

Can you confirm for me that your DirectX version (seen in the uninstall window) shows as June 2010? The radar has been compiled with June 2010 so make sure that is the version you're running before we drill further into your system. 

10 hours ago, RogueShadow said:

Correct, we display weather from both REX/Milviz WX Advantage and Active Sky. 

Can you confirm for me that your DirectX version (seen in the uninstall window) shows as June 2010? The radar has been compiled with June 2010 so make sure that is the version you're running before we drill further into your system. 

I have it. Note that the mv_wx radar is working for me in other aircraft.

I've notice a range discrepancy. Don't know if it´s a bug or just a limitation.

As you can see left panels is on high range while right panel is in low range and both of them show the storm at same position.

what do I have to use, left for wheather right for terrain?

Thanks! Lovin the 717 

2018-2-12_17-49-47-977.jpg

14 hours ago, turbofandude said:

@Javier Which WX radar are you using? I've fought with this perpetually, so it's possible there's still a bug lurking somewhere.

I'm using Active Sky for P3Dv4.

Posted (edited)

@turbofandude Thanks for your time. I do have the same result always. See the attached picture,left side it's on 20 miles while right side is on 640, this is right now at KFIT ,

(metar: 081709Z AUTO 29006KT 0.75SM -SN BR VV017 02/00 A2958 RMK AO2 P0000 T00220000 TS )

Let me know if you need more info about my sim.

EDIT: I think I found the issue. I got not the latest Active Sky. I'll check it out right now.

Javier.

2018-3-8_18-30-29-930.jpg

Edited by Javier

No, same issue. I'm on 6633 of p3d v4.2 version of Active Sky. I'll report the bug on their end cause I think It's caused by the beta version of AS16

2018-3-8_18-42-25-784.jpg

Hi

Just to let you know there is a new ASP4 Open Beta 030818 available (released 08/03/18)

Here

Changelog:

Update 030818

⦁ Added additional option: Cloud motion effect offset – which allows user control of cloud motion logitudinal (z) axis spawn location, to move effect further forward if desired (can be helpful for improved effect depending on aircraft size and other variables).  Higher setting moves spawn point further forward.  Requires P3D 4.2+.  Will not work on P3D 4.0 or 4.1.

⦁ Fixed problem related to custom renamed wx files and lower case extension (“.wx”) preventing loading of such wx files

⦁ Added additional configuration information in LOG EXPORT function to help with support issues/troubleshooting

Update 022818

⦁ Fixed issue related to radar/data communications (with problematic detail map range) with P3D 4.1

Update 022618

⦁ Fixed issue related to wx download issue and subsequent failure of wx update on some systems

Update 021518

⦁ Fixed issue with P3D Volumetric Fog OFF where low surface vis conditions might persist to aloft altitudes without clearing appropriately

• Thanks 1

"Update 022818

⦁ Fixed issue related to radar/data communications (with problematic detail map range) with P3D 4.1"

That definitely sounds promising.

@Javier Did that end up correcting it? I've seen a similar bug recently, but when I checked the code, we're not actually using the ASN range system. So, I believe this may be a bug on our side. Have you found any triggers for it? Has it happened since?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 20/3/2018 at 12:58 AM, turbofandude said:

@Javier Did that end up correcting it? I've seen a similar bug recently, but when I checked the code, we're not actually using the ASN range system. So, I believe this may be a bug on our side. Have you found any triggers for it? Has it happened since?

Sorry for the delay. Yes, bug is still present. At least in the latest beta wich I'm using right now (both 717 and ASN).

It seems like I don't have any control over the range. Both fist officer and captain PFDI.2018-3-25_15-31-16-18.thumb.jpg.f7221c339a6d35ec818db428518b0c85.jpg

Thanks for your help! Lolvely addon!

Edited by Javier