Sign in to follow this  
kenthom

Autopilot too sensitive, shuts off.

I have been experiencing an autopilot that shuts off if I adjust the heading knob in any way.  Then it will not re-connect the auto pilot on the first attempt.

Example, while in departure climb out I set the heading knob course and activate the auto pilot.  If I try to change the course of the heading knob the auto pilot will disconnect.  If I am flying in NAV mode and then pull the heading knob to direct the plane the auto pilot will disengage.  Attempts to initiate the auto pilot meet with immediate disengagement of the auto pilot.  I have had to fly the plane manually for a period of time and then hit the auto pilot to turn it on.  Those are just a couple examples.   Bottom line is the auto pilot is not connecting and staying connected when it should.

It did not always behave this way.  I have tried to isolate when it began and the closest I can recall is after the last minor update which was done when I initiated the manager.

Any suggestions as to what may be causing this and how I might correct it?

Thanks

On 1/3/2018 at 3:01 PM, gamesyns said:

What was the solution?

I had altered the pitch and roll stability too much in an effort to give it a heavier feel.  

• Thanks 1