Devlin

FPS P3Dv4

Question

Hello.
I have a question about the FPS. I used to fly earlier on P3D v3 and it was "good". I went to P3Dv4 and there were problems here.

1. Performance jumps 5-60fps. It is not stable.
2. While the simulator window is selected, the frames are falling 10-20fps, if the focus is set to another window, everything returns to normal 30+fps.
This is most visible during streaming or video recording. I have already tested process priority, affinity, etc.
Even on the simulator LOW settings nothing changes, so it is not PC fault.

Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Version :  1.0.9.20

2 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Devlin said:

Hello.
I have a question about the FPS. I used to fly earlier on P3D v3 and it was "good". I went to P3Dv4 and there were problems here.

1. Performance jumps 5-60fps. It is not stable.
2. While the simulator window is selected, the frames are falling 10-20fps, if the focus is set to another window, everything returns to normal 30+fps.
This is most visible during streaming or video recording. I have already tested process priority, affinity, etc.
Even on the simulator LOW settings nothing changes, so it is not PC fault.

Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Version :  1.0.9.20

Do you have hardware rendering enabled or disabled?

8 hours ago, gamesyns said:

Do you have hardware rendering enabled or disabled?

Hardware rendering is turned OFF. While it's ON, the frames are dropped even more + the displays turn into a slideshow mode. I wonder why the problem is only with the window focus p3d v4.

Other airplanes work without a problem, and I've probably tested all of them. In the end, it remains flying without recording and waiting for updates :)