Sebastianeier

What aircraft would you prefer to see from TFDi (Completely unofficial)

What aircraft would you prefer to see from TFDi (Completely unofficial)  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

I've seen a lot of requests to TFDi about what aircraft they should look at next.

Given their stunning VC in 717 i fully understand why.

I personally prefer  MD-11, but what do you?

(i'd probably buy any new TFDi aircraft regardless)

Keep in mind that TFDi likely have a ton of work to do regardless what aircraft as thought some avionics in the suggested aircraft are "similar" to those in 717 one would be surprised how unique they often are.

I just thought it'd be better if everyone could "relief" their need to tell TFDi what aircraft they want to see in this topic, instead of several new topics covering even the same aircraft. 

Keep in mind it's a free world ;-) If TFDi wants to create the "Australian Airtruk" they can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We already have decent B727 and MD-8X for both platforms. 767 and MD-1X are things of the past.
And while a good A350 would be nice, I think that Embraer could be even better. It's a small regional jet with a glass cockpit - very similar to 717, so TFDi will be on familiar ground. The only other Embraer worth mentioning is from Wilco, and it's too basic and very outdated. So my vote is for Embraer.

(On a second though, Bombardier would be nice, too, since it's not represented in P3D very well).

Edited by dimkzr
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dimkzr said:

We already have decent B727 and MD-8X for both platforms. 767 and MD-1X are things of the past.
And while a good A350 would be nice, I think that Embraer could be even better. It's a small regional jet with a glass cockpit - very similar to 717, so TFDi will be on familiar ground. The only other Embraer worth mentioning is from Wilco, and it's too basic and very outdated. So my vote is for Embraer.

(On a second though, Bombardier would be nice, too, since it's not represented in P3D very well).

Well, The new maddog MD-8X certainly is, but i fail to see any up to date standard B727? 

As with the comment that the 767 is an outdated aircraft, it certainly is, but so is the 717, and yet that is a fun plane to fly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice aircraft suggested in the poll. I see it like this:

- MD-11/MD-10: Would make sense after a B717, would have been perfect years ago. But for the more "real flyers", it's very rare today, and even the cargo planes are slowly replaced. Good for retro flyers though.

- CSeries: Nothing to add to what's written above

- A350: No doubt it would be a big success, but it should even be more complicated to program than the A320 (which in the past, quite some companies have underestimated)

- Well, now that there is an obviously very good MD-80 out of nowhere, I doubt it's worth the development only for the niche MD-90, if there is already a 717

- Embraer E-Jets: Would make perfectly sense to me: Very much needed, very much available in RW, but only available in the shape of a dinosaur FeelThere version from 1850^^ :-p Maybe not quite as complicated than an Airbus (??). But I don't know. Always seemed to me it would have a similar technical standard than the B717.

- CRJ: I don't think there is the need for another one after Aerosoft finally got theirs out. Just let them fix their remaining bugs first ;-)

- B767: Would of course be nice, too. There was a good one for several years, while there was never a really REALLY good Embraer.

- B727: Great for retro flyers, but personally definitely not my cup of tea (anymore).

 

So, I voted for the Embraer. But, hey, I'm only a customer, not a programmer and no businessman ;-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MD-11 would be consequent, Independent if it´s of the past or not.

Loved this in FSX and missed it very much for P3D.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

e jets, I think it would be a great plane, but no one has done a proper ejet.. PLUS everyone would buy it. win win 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would prefer a MD11 since it leaves a huge gap in my simulator after the other company refused to update their plane to P3D. (and lost me as a customer)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i cannot see poll results anymore, even though i created it? Hmmm, maybe after only 41 votes, the info became to good to keep public for TFDI? or can you guys see the polling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simmers tend to fly what they see in the air and taking off and landing at the airports around them. So, I questions the return on investment for older planes that are being moved from the airline's inventory. That said, TFDI has made me a fan! I'll buy whatever you build. My preference though would be ERJ-145 or EMB-175/195 etc.

tks for asking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sebastianeier said:

i cannot see poll results anymore, even though i created it? Hmmm, maybe after only 41 votes, the info became to good to keep public for TFDI? or can you guys see the polling?

I can see the results Sebastianeier. Maybe empty browser cache, or try another browser?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bill62 said:

Simmers tend to fly what they see in the air and taking off and landing at the airports around them. So, I questions the return on investment for older planes that are being moved from the airline's inventory. That said, TFDI has made me a fan! I'll buy whatever you build. My preference though would be ERJ-145 or EMB-175/195 etc.

tks for asking.

I partly agree. In the networks like VATSIM, IVAO i see a lot of people flying VA's. They use mostly common planes on RW routes. on the other hand i know some ''vintageflyers'' that do fly the planes from the past. 

Never the less, my 2nd choice would have been E-Jets by Embraer (E170/175/190/195)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now