NorCali.Pilot

Is a enroute climb at 316 knots correct?

Question

Hello!

Loving the 717 so far, wishing more IRL operators had it!

Anyways I've been noticing that after the initial climb (crossing 10,000ft), the plane wants to lower the nose and climb at 310 knots, giving me a few thousand FPM climb and a longggg climb at that! 

Is this correct in the plane, or did I program something wrong? It's cool if that how it is supposed to be, but I'd rather climb a bit slower and get to my cruise alt sooner rather than thalf way through the flight.

Thank you!!
Dmitri.

4 answers to this question

On 3/12/2018 at 5:56 PM, NorCali.Pilot said:

Hello!

Loving the 717 so far, wishing more IRL operators had it!

Anyways I've been noticing that after the initial climb (crossing 10,000ft), the plane wants to lower the nose and climb at 310 knots, giving me a few thousand FPM climb and a longggg climb at that! 

Is this correct in the plane, or did I program something wrong? It's cool if that how it is supposed to be, but I'd rather climb a bit slower and get to my cruise alt sooner rather than thalf way through the flight.

Thank you!!
Dmitri.

Dmitri,

It depends on cost index, weight, etc. The behavior you described is definitely possible though. If you use MAX CLB, it will cause it to use a MUCH slower climb speed and climb much faster.