JC1980

CTD with no error (Chaseplane?)

Question

I am using P3D v4.2 and I was flying along at FL350 tonight and all of a sudden I noticed that Chaseplane had stopped responding. Then, the 717 stopped moving, but kept playing sound. And then P3D crashed with no error, and nothing in the Windows Log Event Viewer. I can't find any errors anywhere.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have not experienced a CTD with 4.2 until flying this plane. This is the first time I have flown it in 4.2 and it us the latest beta version.

15 answers to this question

Hi, I wonder why there has been no answer to this for such a long time? This is something that happens to me regurlarly and it only happens with the 717. Today I downloaded v1.1 with the hope that it is now a thing of the past, but in the first flight it happened directly. Actually it happens EVERY time unless I stay in the cockpit view and do not change the view at all. 

This is the reason I put the 717 in the hanger. Two different computer builds and clean install of each version of P3Dv4x and you still can’t switch views without the possibility of it crashing. I could understand if it was only happening to me but others are having the same issue. 

I just had a crash while using ChasePlane external views looking around the plane when I got a CTD. My event viewer shows no errors. This is a clean install of P3Dv4.3 and first time 717 has been installed. Did 2 other flight prior to this no problems. 

Edited by Dan Moore

27 minutes ago, Dan Moore said:

I just had a crash while using ChasePlane external views looking around the plane when I got a CTD. My event viewer shows no errors. This is a clean install of P3Dv4.3 and first time 717 has been installed. Did 2 other flight prior to this no problems. 

In the other 2 flights, were you using ChasePlane?

Just now, Sanpp said:

In the other 2 flights, were you using ChasePlane?

Always use ChasePlane. This time I spent more time outside the aircraft during this flight. 

I'll do a 30 minutes flight switching views continuosly to see how it goes since I don't use chaseplane and I'll let you know.

Edited by Sanpp

Random enroute CTD yesterday too. P3D v4.2, 717 v1.1, no ChasePlane. 

I'd say about 10 mins after takeoff, sim was running for about 45mins total at this point. 

Switched views frequently and CTD must have occured after I switched to Locked Spot view and tabbed out of the sim.

Try this:

Open up a second view by clicking one of the bracket keys. Set this view in the VC and shrink down to where it is not noticeable. Then click on the main screen to swap back to that window. You should now be able to swap views without any issues as the second window forces the VC to stay rendered.

• Like 1

Guys, completed a 1hr30 min flight today in Prepar3D V4.3 without Chaseplane.

Changing views constantly and no CTD.

@Speedbird2652 read that you're using P3DV4.2, try doing it on 4.3 to see if it stills occurs, cause' i remember this issue was due to something with previous versions of P3D.

Note that LM and TFDi have been working on this for a quite long time.

Edited by Sanpp

10 hours ago, Sanpp said:

Guys, completed a 1hr30 min flight today in Prepar3D V4.3 without Chaseplane.

Changing views constantly and no CTD.

@Speedbird2652 read that you're using P3DV4.2, try doing it on 4.3 to see if it stills occurs, cause' i remember this issue was due to something with previous versions of P3D.

Note that LM and TFDi have been working on this for a quite long time.

I am using 4.3, so it don't seems to be fixed. 

It's a LM issues. TFDI posted a detailed explanation on twitter on what is causing the crashes. Not sure why they don't make it a sticky on their forums. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan Moore said:

It's a LM issues. TFDI posted a detailed explanation on twitter on what is causing the crashes. Not sure why they don't make it a sticky on their forums. 

@gamesyns