Aviation_Owen

Sim crashes to desktop when changing views.

This is starting to become a little absurd. This aircraft is a very unique addon and I enjoy flying it. But every time I change views in the 717, my simulator crashes. I put this bird back in the hanger about 3 months ago. When I heard of this new update I got very excited and have decided to try the airplane out again. Low and behold, my first flight back in the 717. I take off out of Salt Lake City, take a look outside at my default scenery... and my simulator crashes. I am honestly starting to lose hope for this addon.  

• Thanks 1

Same here today after the latest update. Got a crash message about an hour into the flight, then FSX was gone. :(

I just had a CTD during view changing from external to cockpit. I5-4570, 16GB Ram, Geforce 1050Ti 4GB. Nothing in the Event Viewer

I too have been having the same CTD problems. It doesn't occur when just doing a simple flight with no FMC or Addon Manger loading, a spin around the airport is fine. It's when you add the FMC programming and load from the Addon manager that the CTDs start.

My specs W10, i7-8700, 32GB Ram, 1080ti GeForce 11GB. Event viewer brings up Kernel32 fault. Other packages like PMDG all working fine.

Lee

Posted (edited)

Same issue here, changing views = CTD (Nothing in the Event Viewer)

With newest update (great performance boost), but still no flight without a CTD for a year.

Dell notebook, i7-7700HQ, 16GB Ram. GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Edited by Alexander90

21 hours ago, Alexander90 said:

Same issue here, changing views = CTD (Nothing in the Event Viewer)

With newest update (great performance boost), but still no flight without a CTD for a year.

Dell notebook, i7-7700HQ, 16GB Ram. GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Some have reported clearing their shader cache and rebuilding the Prepar3D.cfg/FSX.cfg significantly improved the issue. Please try that. Have you considered potentially reinstalling/repairing your simulator? We've tried to fight the view switch crash for over a year and have never even been able to pin it down to our code, let alone find a fix.

I bought the product yesterday (thank you to the gentlemen who was very quick to reply to my support tickets about addresses), and after some tinkering I have made the aircraft flyable with regards to fps and performance, yet when coming in to FlyTampa Sydney on P3Dv4, it likes to crash the sim with no warning. I am assuming that it is using all available VAS yet that shouldn't be possible with a 64bit program.

I am happy to address this with someone via message if required.

21 hours ago, turbofandude said:

Some have reported clearing their shader cache and rebuilding the Prepar3D.cfg/FSX.cfg significantly improved the issue. Please try that. Have you considered potentially reinstalling/repairing your simulator? We've tried to fight the view switch crash for over a year and have never even been able to pin it down to our code, let alone find a fix.

See my post about progress. It's gotten better since the last two updates. I have completed 3 flights so far. I have not tried adding fuel and pax from the addon manager yet, but will soon. Previously that caused CTDs. I often clean the shaders and rebuild a clean CFG. It seems to take care of keeping the sim running well.

Lee

21 hours ago, ASY68 said:

I bought the product yesterday (thank you to the gentlemen who was very quick to reply to my support tickets about addresses), and after some tinkering I have made the aircraft flyable with regards to fps and performance, yet when coming in to FlyTampa Sydney on P3Dv4, it likes to crash the sim with no warning. I am assuming that it is using all available VAS yet that shouldn't be possible with a 64bit program.

are you using the 1k textures?

On 6/2/2018 at 8:53 AM, ASY68 said:

Hi ASY68, does it crash when doing anything specific?, for instance my experience with hangs/ctd are related to view switching back into the virtual cockpit.

On 6/1/2018 at 5:52 PM, turbofandude said:

Hi,

Clearing the shader cache and rebuilding the ".cfg" didn't help unfortunately, a CTD occurred when switching view back into the VC after 1,5 hours.

I have already tried P3Dv4 reinstall with a clean win 10 install with no success.

Textures: 2k 

Gauges: Low ress

Hardware Aacceleration: on

2 hours ago, Watkin Tench said:

Hi Alexander90,

Are you using the standard camera, or using chaseplane out of curiosity?.

Hi Watkin Tench.

Chaseplane.

Did a test flight a while ago with Chaseplane uninstalled, unfortunately the CTD also occurred in this configuration.

Posted (edited)

Same behaviour here with the 1.0.9.30 build. CTD while going back to the VC.  I have this issue since a long time, clearing shaders/cfg make no difference. Spec. i7 7700K Ram 16G gtx980 win10 64 bits, drivers up to date p3dv4.2 w ezdok2.

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c832c
Faulting module name: api.dll, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c83e1
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000015611
Faulting process id: 0x2a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3fe6ca223fd6f
Faulting application path: E:\p3d\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: E:\p3d\api.dll
Report Id: 306d414a-cdb4-4c08-b6d7-c681c4c82401
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Edited by foobar

one more, each time it's a different dll :

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c832c
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.14393.0, time stamp: 0x578997b5
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000006ea1e
Faulting process id: 0x530
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3fe755f1a772c
Faulting application path: E:\p3d\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 6eded302-521e-459c-a0d0-87e95870587e
Faulting package full name: 

On 6/3/2018 at 12:43 AM, gamesyns said:

are you using the 1k textures?

On 6/3/2018 at 8:05 AM, Watkin Tench said:

Hi ASY68, does it crash when doing anything specific?, for instance my experience with hangs/ctd are related to view switching back into the virtual cockpit.

Hi Guys,

Sorry I had work then I was away for abit, I'm going to test something out with the scenery and then get back to you.

I have basically scaled down the sim to the base level to see if that had any impact to which it did.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ASY68 said:

Hi Guys,

Sorry I had work then I was away for abit, I'm going to test something out with the scenery and then get back to you.

I have basically scaled down the sim to the base level to see if that had any impact to which it did.

So I went for a flight again, prior to this I deleted my config file and allowed it it regenerate as previously suggested.

Now the first flight into SYD (where i had the initial problems), I didn't delete a key function since the new config and the flight restarted... *doH*, however the second flight out of SYD to CBR went well without a CTD. I did have to basically revert all my aircraft settings to bare basic but that could simply because of my older system yet I do not face any of the performance issues with the PMDG or other software like I do with this - they're are not too major issues though.

Edited by ASY68

I haven't encountered the change views simulator freeze (no error log, had to manually kill P3D v4 process) for a couple of months.

Unfortunately It just happened to me again after upgrading to 1.0.9.31 (from 1.0.9.29). Looks like a regression was introduced at least from 1.0.9.30...

i7 4790K (no OC)

GTX 970 4GB

RAM 16GB