Aviation_Owen

Sim crashes to desktop when changing views.

Recommended Posts

This is starting to become a little absurd. This aircraft is a very unique addon and I enjoy flying it. But every time I change views in the 717, my simulator crashes. I put this bird back in the hanger about 3 months ago. When I heard of this new update I got very excited and have decided to try the airplane out again. Low and behold, my first flight back in the 717. I take off out of Salt Lake City, take a look outside at my default scenery... and my simulator crashes. I am honestly starting to lose hope for this addon.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here today after the latest update. Got a crash message about an hour into the flight, then FSX was gone. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a CTD during view changing from external to cockpit. I5-4570, 16GB Ram, Geforce 1050Ti 4GB. Nothing in the Event Viewer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too have been having the same CTD problems. It doesn't occur when just doing a simple flight with no FMC or Addon Manger loading, a spin around the airport is fine. It's when you add the FMC programming and load from the Addon manager that the CTDs start.

My specs W10, i7-8700, 32GB Ram, 1080ti GeForce 11GB. Event viewer brings up Kernel32 fault. Other packages like PMDG all working fine.

Lee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Same issue here, changing views = CTD (Nothing in the Event Viewer)

With newest update (great performance boost), but still no flight without a CTD for a year.

Dell notebook, i7-7700HQ, 16GB Ram. GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

 

Edited by Alexander90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Alexander90 said:

Same issue here, changing views = CTD (Nothing in the Event Viewer)

With newest update (great performance boost), but still no flight without a CTD for a year.

Dell notebook, i7-7700HQ, 16GB Ram. GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

 

Some have reported clearing their shader cache and rebuilding the Prepar3D.cfg/FSX.cfg significantly improved the issue. Please try that. Have you considered potentially reinstalling/repairing your simulator? We've tried to fight the view switch crash for over a year and have never even been able to pin it down to our code, let alone find a fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought the product yesterday (thank you to the gentlemen who was very quick to reply to my support tickets about addresses), and after some tinkering I have made the aircraft flyable with regards to fps and performance, yet when coming in to FlyTampa Sydney on P3Dv4, it likes to crash the sim with no warning. I am assuming that it is using all available VAS yet that shouldn't be possible with a 64bit program.

I am happy to address this with someone via message if required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, turbofandude said:

Some have reported clearing their shader cache and rebuilding the Prepar3D.cfg/FSX.cfg significantly improved the issue. Please try that. Have you considered potentially reinstalling/repairing your simulator? We've tried to fight the view switch crash for over a year and have never even been able to pin it down to our code, let alone find a fix.

See my post about progress. It's gotten better since the last two updates. I have completed 3 flights so far. I have not tried adding fuel and pax from the addon manager yet, but will soon. Previously that caused CTDs. I often clean the shaders and rebuild a clean CFG. It seems to take care of keeping the sim running well.

Lee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ASY68 said:

I bought the product yesterday (thank you to the gentlemen who was very quick to reply to my support tickets about addresses), and after some tinkering I have made the aircraft flyable with regards to fps and performance, yet when coming in to FlyTampa Sydney on P3Dv4, it likes to crash the sim with no warning. I am assuming that it is using all available VAS yet that shouldn't be possible with a 64bit program.

I am happy to address this with someone via message if required.

are you using the 1k textures?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2018 at 8:53 AM, ASY68 said:

I bought the product yesterday (thank you to the gentlemen who was very quick to reply to my support tickets about addresses), and after some tinkering I have made the aircraft flyable with regards to fps and performance, yet when coming in to FlyTampa Sydney on P3Dv4, it likes to crash the sim with no warning. I am assuming that it is using all available VAS yet that shouldn't be possible with a 64bit program.

I am happy to address this with someone via message if required.

Hi ASY68, does it crash when doing anything specific?, for instance my experience with hangs/ctd are related to view switching back into the virtual cockpit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2018 at 5:52 PM, turbofandude said:

Some have reported clearing their shader cache and rebuilding the Prepar3D.cfg/FSX.cfg significantly improved the issue. Please try that. Have you considered potentially reinstalling/repairing your simulator? We've tried to fight the view switch crash for over a year and have never even been able to pin it down to our code, let alone find a fix.

Hi,

Clearing the shader cache and rebuilding the ".cfg" didn't help unfortunately, a CTD occurred when switching view back into the VC after 1,5 hours.

I have already tried P3Dv4 reinstall with a clean win 10 install with no success.

Textures: 2k 

Gauges: Low ress

Hardware Aacceleration: on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Watkin Tench said:

Hi Alexander90,

 

Are you using the standard camera, or using chaseplane out of curiosity?.

Hi Watkin Tench.

Chaseplane.

Did a test flight a while ago with Chaseplane uninstalled, unfortunately the CTD also occurred in this configuration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Same behaviour here with the 1.0.9.30 build. CTD while going back to the VC.  I have this issue since a long time, clearing shaders/cfg make no difference. Spec. i7 7700K Ram 16G gtx980 win10 64 bits, drivers up to date p3dv4.2 w ezdok2.

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c832c
Faulting module name: api.dll, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c83e1
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000015611
Faulting process id: 0x2a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3fe6ca223fd6f
Faulting application path: E:\p3d\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: E:\p3d\api.dll
Report Id: 306d414a-cdb4-4c08-b6d7-c681c4c82401
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Edited by foobar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one more, each time it's a different dll :

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c832c
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.14393.0, time stamp: 0x578997b5
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000006ea1e
Faulting process id: 0x530
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3fe755f1a772c
Faulting application path: E:\p3d\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 6eded302-521e-459c-a0d0-87e95870587e
Faulting package full name: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2018 at 12:43 AM, gamesyns said:

are you using the 1k textures?

 

On 6/3/2018 at 8:05 AM, Watkin Tench said:

Hi ASY68, does it crash when doing anything specific?, for instance my experience with hangs/ctd are related to view switching back into the virtual cockpit.

Hi Guys,

Sorry I had work then I was away for abit, I'm going to test something out with the scenery and then get back to you.

I have basically scaled down the sim to the base level to see if that had any impact to which it did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ASY68 said:

 

Hi Guys,

Sorry I had work then I was away for abit, I'm going to test something out with the scenery and then get back to you.

I have basically scaled down the sim to the base level to see if that had any impact to which it did.

So I went for a flight again, prior to this I deleted my config file and allowed it it regenerate as previously suggested.

Now the first flight into SYD (where i had the initial problems), I didn't delete a key function since the new config and the flight restarted... *doH*, however the second flight out of SYD to CBR went well without a CTD. I did have to basically revert all my aircraft settings to bare basic but that could simply because of my older system yet I do not face any of the performance issues with the PMDG or other software like I do with this - they're are not too major issues though.

Edited by ASY68

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't encountered the change views simulator freeze (no error log, had to manually kill P3D v4 process) for a couple of months.

Unfortunately It just happened to me again after upgrading to 1.0.9.31 (from 1.0.9.29). Looks like a regression was introduced at least from 1.0.9.30...

i7 4790K (no OC)

GTX 970 4GB

RAM 16GB

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.