bobp

Engine start not working for me......

Question

I am stumped as neither engine will start from the ready to start 'Status'.  The start valves will not open, APU electric and air is on, packs off. Eng Start switch pulled and lights then fuel on. What am I missing? Thank you.

Bob

14 answers to this question

When I load the plane and select 'Read to Fly' please note the start valves indicate open which makes no sense to me with the engines running. Thank you.

Bob2018-7-18_12-12-12-344.thumb.jpg.11e9ef26779bf9edd62ad1d660b606cb.jpg

Well I wished had visited this forum earlier. :) I had no idea what was going on and pulled both of my remaining hairs out. I changed the panel resolution to 'normal' and I have at least one engine start. Thank you.

Bob

9 minutes ago, bobp said:

Well I wished had visited this forum earlier. :) I had no idea what was going on and pulled both of my remaining hairs out. I changed the panel resolution to 'normal' and I have at least one engine start. Thank you.

Bob

For the other, is the ISOL valve set to open?

Hi,

Yes, it is open.

For some reason the default 'Ready to Start' and 'Ready to Fly' status does not allow the engines to start. A startup from cold and dark does work, I have no idea why.

Bob

+1 exactely THE same problem, tablet menu "ready to fly" give only the warm-up of the turbin with a fault message of valves stay open

4 hours ago, gamesyns said:

Would it be possible to link to a specific thread that addresses engine start  issues with default plane states? Thank you.

Bob

1 minute ago, bobp said:

Would it be possible to link to a specific thread that addresses engine start  issues with default plane states? Thank you.

Bob

I'm just tagging our lead programmer in this thread for him to take a look. 

@bobp How long are you waiting before determining that the engines won't start? The simulator will not allow us to instantly start the engine, so our system "pretends" the engine is started so the rest of the airplane works properly, then forces the in-sim engine to start in the background. The START VLV L/R OPEN message is there because the starter valve is open (to cause the sim to start the engines) but the systems think it's already started. It will go away once the engines start and can be safely ignored.

Hello

Least day after the 717 upgrade install, I stay on apron a lot of minutes and trying the tablet states and a several manual start without success. (Restarted twice P3D and once a full restart of the computer)....

Yesterday, I clean up several aircrafts (no more utilised) of mine P3Dv4 to accelerate the first downloading of mine sim. Plus upgrading aerosoft SP1 CRJ... and flying with.

Today, after your email, I come back in the 717 and surprising directly the motors started without action of mine part. The previous state of 717 was directly active. Make a short flight without problems.

The reason of the problem mentioned in this topic with other guys... shall stay without answers for me...

But I thank you to try to help me.

Edited by OOMA2
Correction

This nagging problem remains unresolved for me.  I have tried every fix outlined in this post.  Works sometimes and does not work sometimes, just wont start or starts then they turn off in a few minutes, start again, goes a ways then they shutdown again and I struggle to get them started again, this makes this AC UNflyable!!

Fix please!!

Thanks, 

Joe

I recently purchased this 717.  from Cold and Dark I can not start left engine.  I follow the checklist, the right engine starts but the left, I get no spool.  the start button illuminates when pulled out, but no engine rotation, like the right engine.  the only way to get it started is through clicking ready to fly on the side screen.  but then I loose the fms and have to re program it.