cgarcia0458

VC Lights Flickering with SLI

Question

14 answers to this question

Hello,

I wonder the same and really hope so.

Regarding the new feature SDK, LM says

"Added SLI and texture format options to Rendering System in PDK."  Don't know if this is reallight flickering issue related, but it would be nice if TFDi dev could clarify

that point. A so long awaited fix....maybe, who knows.

Thank you

Georges

We should be able to improve this now. There have been additions to the SDK for SLI related usage. We will review it more thoroughly in the upcoming days.

2 hours ago, turbofandude said:

We should be able to improve this now. There have been additions to the SDK for SLI related usage. We will review it more thoroughly in the upcoming days.

Thank you guys so much! Your hard work really means a lot. Hopefully we can have a fix soon :) just out of curiosity, is there any way to do a temporary quick band aid by replacing the effects or gauge files? Just an idea for a quick workaround, but I assume it’s more complicated that that haha.

After a complete P3DV4.4 install I can confirm that the flicker issue is NO MORE 🙂 I can fly the 717 again. And it has helped the A320 series as well.

Scott

7 minutes ago, skyymann said:

After a complete P3DV4.4 install I can confirm that the flicker issue is NO MORE 🙂 I can fly the 717 again. And it has helped the A320 series as well.

Scott

Wait...you serious? What did you do differently from your previous post saying it wasn’t working? 

I had some issues with Orbx locking up the sim, so I removed the entire thing and installed clean. Loaded up ALL of my add-ons and it works perfectly!

Scott

29 minutes ago, skyymann said:

I had some issues with Orbx locking up the sim, so I removed the entire thing and installed clean. Loaded up ALL of my add-ons and it works perfectly!

Scott

That’s fantastic news, and you’re sure you have SLI enabled?

I hav'nt reinstalled the 717 yet, but with addons   (Maddogx, MV c310Redux) using RealLight the flickering issue is still there in p3v4.4

As far as I understand Turbofandude comments, realLight needs to be reworked using new sli sdk improuvments, so SLI users have to be patient 😉 Good news anyway !

Thanks for the update !

20 hours ago, cgarcia0458 said:

That’s fantastic news, and you’re sure you have SLI enabled?

•  

Yes, SLI is enabled.

Scott