Sign in to follow this  
orbmis

PFD Modes & Colors Info

Question

Hello,

As I progress thru various aspects of my flights (still struggling), I've notices that the pitch, roll & throttle/speed modes will change colors... sometimes white, sometimes magenta, and I've seen screenshots of green. Could someone kindly point me to the manual/guide where this might be explained further. I'm guessing it is contained in one of the TFDi manuals, but I haven't been able to locate it.

If this information is not contained in the manuals, could a kind person explain it?

Thanks for your assistance.

Mike

3 answers to this question

I may be misunderstanding this, but if you're talking about having full magenta on the top of the pfd, I might be able to help. The way Auto Flight can fully be engaged is by having not only weight&balance, but full route as well. Once completed on the MCDU, test your calculation by pressing, PROF, NAV, and FMS Speed. 

Hi guys,,,

Thank You for the replies...they’ve been very helpful.

Thanks for the assistance... much appreciated.

Mike

The messages change color depending on what is controlling your Autoflight. If the message in your PFD's are showing WHITE, it means the Autoflight has been manually selected to perform the task (example: you select 10000 feet on the AFS altitude window and pull the knob or select a specific heading and pull the knob). If you select PROF mode, it means you are relying on the what you've calculated in the FMS's and now the Autoflight is flying on FMS data (kinda like VNAV or LNAV). This would turn the messages to MAGENTA. GREEN messages would appear if you were performing an Autoland (Autoland, Rollout, etc.) Hope that helps.