Benjamin Taylor

Flickering Caused by Dual GPU

Question

When is there going to be a fix for having dual GPU's installed and the flickering issue related to RealLight? Is there a workaround for this issue?

I get it. RealLight doesn't play well with dual GPU's installed. I don't say SLI, because even when SLI is disabled through nVidia Control Panel, I still experience flickering. Though, it's the entire display that flickers black, and not just the cockpit displays. That tells me that even when SLI is disabled, the aircraft is still useless. I purchased three aircraft utilizing RealLight and all of them are affected by this flaw. Fortunately, a user can disable RealLight in the Maddog X. The MilViz Otter is somewhat playable, but not the 717. 

TFDi needs to add an option to disable RealLight like in the Maddog X.

3 answers to this question

Hi Benjamin,

We are aware of this error and at this moment in time, we are unable to do anything about it. We are currently waiting on Lockheed Martin to release a permanent fix, but we do have plans for a temporary fix in one of the next updates on the aircraft.

This "Bug" has been around for way too long now. At least a year. I would think that with TFDI's technology being implemented into so many aircraft this would have been addressed by now. Very disappointing.

Edited by N405GJ
Misqouted Time of Bug Existence