FlyPc

Virtual Cdu with tablet

Dear sim aviators,

I am new to this home sim setup and working towards my setup. 

Is it possible to set up a virtual cdu with the B717? I want to use a tablet preferrably android os to link the B717 cdu, so I can input everything easier with the touchscreen of a tablet into the cdu.

Please let me know, I saw a youtube video for the 737 model. But i dont think this is applicable for the 717. 

https://youtu.be/8nSyQGOeUDY

Best Regards,

Flypc

Thank you, I will try this. I will post back with the results in the near future.

I was planning first to use a touchscreen monitor, but a tablet is a cheaper and better option.

I use the Remote CDU that was linked.

It works great. Simple to setup and use.

Responsive developer.

Regards

• Thanks 1

Just some early feedback as promised. Purchased the Virtual CDU via the link above. Bought a license for B717 TFDI. Till now only managed to set the Left CDU to work, using the Right CDU i will get a black display, the keypad buttons will work and your input will be visible in FSX steam edition, but without display (not really usable like this) . Doing this with the Left CDU, it will work properly with a display. Ocassionly the app will disconnect sometimes, not sure why. Still testing it out, but can be sometimes annoying. So right now limited to using only the left CDU. 

Paid 10 euros for the B717 license.

Message from the developer about this issue:

this is a confirmed bug on TFDi's side - they will fix this in an upcoming SP.
I'm afraid there isn't anything I can do on my side.

I'm not sure what the issue is here, but I am guessing it is something to do with communication between the two pieces of software/

@FlyPc could you link me to where you got the message from the developer from? I can't find anything easily :)