Sign in to follow this  
Plexi

Is anyone interested in this, makes you wonder!

Question

4 answers to this question

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:05 PM, Josh Riley said:

Would you like to explain that reasoning, either in a reply here or in a ticket? I would like to know why we are "unacceptable" and/or "ignorant" because we don't try to be and I want to rectify the issue placed before us here!

If you are really  interested in this, you could scan yourself
through the forums to find people who are still waiting
for qualified answers to their questions. The CTD problem exists since
a year now and already this one year ago the answer was "we are checking with LM".
Obviously nothing happend since then. Same with multiple GPU. Fuel consumption is
still an issue as well etc. Instead of focusing on problems, a symbolic release date
of 7/17 had to be reached. After this was done, no more activities on the 717.

Current situation now is that we here in the forum are self-entertaining us,
You pass by 2 times a month, appologising at lot, asking people with questions
for more informations so that time goes by for collecting and preparing those.
And still the standard-phrase "we are checking with LM". No status, no timeline, nothing helpful, no progress.
Even for repaints it is not for sure after "checking with LM" that the texture structure does not
change again anymore.

Perhaps some of us are a little bit spoiled of the Open Beta Phase and that kind of working
together with development in a way the community rarely experienced before.
It is also understandable that this level cannot to be continued forever.
But it can be expected that a product will be supported continuously and that a communication
about it´s progress goes on. All this is currently not the case.
Sometimes I have doubts that the former TFDi still exists.

Edited by GerdD

@Plexi I have responded to your other post.

@GerdD Would you like to explain that reasoning, either in a reply here or in a ticket? I would like to know why we are "unacceptable" and/or "ignorant" because we don't try to be and I want to rectify the issue placed before us here!

@Plexi Would you mind submitting a support ticket to we can work with you?

@GerdD As stated previously, the forum is not to be considered an official means of support, it's purely there for community interaction (i.e Community Opt-In Beta/Topics/Possible Bug Reports), and while we have addressed many issues through the forum, that still doesn't override our support policy. Our staff members skim through the forums to ensure a positive atmosphere exists, and in some cases, may take it upon themselves to answer a support question via the forum.

The CTD issue has actively been investigated (for over a year), and has been connected down to view switching. We have tried everything from initial debugging, to removing and isolating individual features of the aircraft to determine the cause. Unfortunately, everything we have tried on our side has come to a dead end. We have taken it a further step by consulting with Lockheed Martin to try and figure out where to go next to resolve this. This is the point we are at. While we do apologize for this, and it's not the solution, we have been working however with the community to ensure this issue will be resolved. As for the SLI bug with multiple GPU's, we worked directly with the P3D SDK when developing the 717, and their logic didn't account for multiple GPU's in the way that we needed it to. This would require a custom solution specifically for SLI, which is, and will still be, on our list of things to complete for the community. This won't change. We aren't done. The 1.1 Version of the 717 is not the final version to be seen by the community.

As for issues with our systems, we ask that you submit a ticket with substantial information provided so we may then use that to better the aircraft. We have, and always will be open to the community with open arms, and ask if anyone has any issues related to any products/services, that they seek support, from our official support channels.

This is the wondrous change from best to worst support and
a good example how a company destroys itself.
I had PACX on my schedule but cancelled this now, due to
this unacceptable ignoring behaviour. What a pity!