PilotAslan

Phpvms7 Support

Hello,

Owner of phpvms (Nabeelio) working on phpvms 7. He already has beta. Our smartcars 2 will work on that one also? Because i had chance to check the beta and phpvms 7 seems much better than older version and i think many of virtual airlines would change their system to new one. How it's gonna be guys?

At the moment, we don't officially support phpVMS 7, however we are actively looking into this. For now though, especially with those VAs hosted through TFDi Design, we are not able to support phpVMS 7 being run on our shared hosts just yet either. This is due to limitations with the level of SSH access needed for an install.

Although we don't have any immediate plans, I have seen that Nabeel has posted here https://forum.phpvms.net/topic/24794-shared-hosting-installation/?do=findComment&comment=131381 about making it for shared hosting and there is a plan to get it available for shared hosting in the near future. However, for now, it is only able to be run on servers where the user has, essentially, full root access which for some large hosting companies is a security problem if many people have that access.

I am all ears if you have any further comments on this :)

1 hour ago, Josh Riley said:

At the moment, we don't officially support phpVMS 7, however we are actively looking into this. For now though, especially with those VAs hosted through TFDi Design, we are not able to support phpVMS 7 being run on our shared hosts just yet either. This is due to limitations with the level of SSH access needed for an install.

Although we don't have any immediate plans, I have seen that Nabeel has posted here https://forum.phpvms.net/topic/24794-shared-hosting-installation/?do=findComment&comment=131381 about making it for shared hosting and there is a plan to get it available for shared hosting in the near future. However, for now, it is only able to be run on servers where the user has, essentially, full root access which for some large hosting companies is a security problem if many people have that access.

I am all ears if you have any further comments on this :)

Hi Josh,

Thanks for reply. I have a shared hosting from other company  and i install phpvms 7 on my hosting. Working good. Still beta i mean no stable release yet. Anyway i am happy to know that you guys are looking into this. I'll be waiting for smartcars 2 for phpvms 7.