Navigator

V4.4 CTD seems to be fixed

Question

Good day just wanted to let you guys know that I’ve been flying the 717 quite a bit today and changing views a lot. The CTD issue while changing views seems to have been solved. At least on my end it has anyway. I can’t speak for anyone else.

14 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Navigator said:

Good day just wanted to let you guys know that I’ve been flying the 717 quite a bit today and changing views a lot. The CTD issue while changing views seems to have been solved. At least on my end it has anyway. I can’t speak for anyone else.

@hilkiah says he's still been getting them.

54 minutes ago, Navigator said:

Oh really? Well so far so good on my rig 

I guess the next question is did you do a full reinstall from scratch? And then if @hilkiah did a full reinstall as well or just the client.

Brian Thibodeaux

4 hours ago, thibodba said:

I guess the next question is did you do a full reinstall from scratch? And then if @hilkiah did a full reinstall as well or just the client.

Brian Thibodeaux

Just client and content, and I did a clean install of the plane. Now who knows I could have a CTD anytime, I’m just saying that I flew it most of the day yesterday and all was good. 

• Thanks 1

I guess I spoke too soon changed to a wing view and then back to the VC and nothing only a black screen and CTD. So I guess it’s not solved. I’ll just stick with the little window thing again

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pineapple_Wizard said:

Frustrating to hear. Still have yet to test out on my system. Not really digging the radio silence from TFDi either. They were so involved and then its like they've disappeared.

Yeah I don’t know man it’s quiet around here for sure 

• Like 1

with this version of P3D. I would strongly advise to install the new scenery also guys.  A good test is to see if you AI boats have wakes in the water behind the vessel. if there is not. will need to update the scenery from 4.3 to 4.4.  

22 hours ago, FireRx said:

with this version of P3D. I would strongly advise to install the new scenery also guys.  A good test is to see if you AI boats have wakes in the water behind the vessel. if there is not. will need to update the scenery from 4.3 to 4.4.  

I don’t use AI boats at all so I don’t need to update the scenery. But thanks anyway 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2018 at 11:52 PM, Pineapple_Wizard said:

Frustrating to hear. Still have yet to test out on my system. Not really digging the radio silence from TFDi either. They were so involved and then its like they've disappeared.

On 12/1/2018 at 10:19 AM, Navigator said:

Yeah I don’t know man it’s quiet around here for sure 

I'm really sorry that we've been quiet. In the background, we have been very busy and have been putting a focus on those clients who had approached us this way. In regards to the view change bug, I am yet to hear from Collin/Brandon about this, though I would have assumed it would have resolved the issues with the bug fixes. I am really unsure as to why this is the case but leave it with me and I will try and get a response from the powers that be and get back to you :) It's on my list to sort out!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Let me add to the freezing issues.  KDTW-KBOS 4 times, it froze!!  have ASN for weather, P3D4.3, Chaseplane, and flew on VATSIM and did not, Using smartCARS on all flights. It froze about 3/4 way to KBOS in level flight and on AP. I have flown the MaddogX, PMDG737, FSLA320, ALL of them do not experience this issue.  I have a high end Jetline system and 1080  graphics card.  When it freezes, the aircraft flies straight and level, but no mouse or control input is accepted to change or click and switches.  It has to be a TFDI issue.... looking forward to a response and update from TFDI to correct the freezing and CTD issues people are having......

The same issue here after a day or two of fixing the engines not starting when on line and previous CTD for unknown reason (believe it was for view change)  This AC appears to continue the CTD from too many angles, i.e. my perfect 1 hour of prep for a Pilot Edge flight and change views on departure and wham,  i am on my desktop.  This is a great new AC in my fleet but I am a home cockpit enthusiast and did a lot of work in support of this AC.  Disappointing to have this kind of bug still showing up.  Patience i tell myself . . . Patience.  I will try the bracket window fix for now.  BTW,  I am running P3D v4.4 . . . . Help please . . .   😊

Haven't flown the 717 for a while, recently came back to it and have the same issue. I use EZDOK2 as camera manager. So far crashes seem to happen when switching from an external view to the VC. So far it's always proceeded by a about 30 second sim freeze.

PC Specs: AMD FX 8350, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1070. Sim: P3Dv4.4.

I hope a fix comes out soon. Maybe with re rumoured P3Dv4.5 update.