yerco

CTD also with P3D 4.4

I usually keep away from such emotional statements, but this time I will let myself make it.

Either I am unlucky with this plane or something is definitely wrong here.
Seeing it now being sold at simMarket, my guess is - it is no longer in beta and is a fully working product?
Then pity I cannot use it just like I can use my other planes (e.g. FSL A320, MJS Q400 or PMDG 737).

One year ago, in December 2017, I wasn't able to use it due to disappearing displays and CTD's on view change.
While the first problem seems to have been fixed by the LM team themselves, the other wasn't, so I stopped flying the 717, because it was way too frustrating.

Now, after a year's break, I heard about a huge 717 update, so I decided to give it a try. And again a failure - selecting the 717 in P3D I got an instant CTD each time.
However something was fixed in that matter a day or two later and another interim version was out and voilla - no CTD on aircraft selection.

So, full of joy and hopes I prepared my first flight. As I am a GSXL2 user, I decided to have a look at my pax boarding and when trying to return to the VC, I ... got a CTD again.
A day later I thought 'Okay, let's try one more time'. I prepared another flight - this time I didn't watch boarding as I was too scared (is it normal?).
After a successful takeoff, I couldn't resist to have a short wing view. While trying to return to the VC view... I got another CTD (without any error report, as usual).

At this moment I am done with this plane. Before someone says there is something wrong with my system - no, I don't think so.
I take good care of it and I fly quite a lot with a few different planes, watch boardings, change views and never ever have any kind of CTD.
For instance in 2018 I made around 100 flights with FSL A320, 50 with PMDG 737, 20 with Q400 and some more with other aircraft and had z-e-r-o CTD's.

It's a pity. I did believe in the potential of this product, but I think I have finally lost my belief.

Blue skies!

Edited by Rafal
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 12/27/2018 at 1:59 PM, Josh Riley said:

Please use the square bracket keys to open up another internal VC view, and minimise it in the bottom corner. This is all we have until a finalised fix is produced by LM.

Im not sure why this is constantly thrown at LM. You realize that this is the only plane from the dozens on market where this happens, right? Not want to sound arrogant but for some  this is really hard to believe (me included).

What you expect them to fix btw and do they know that? Did they tell you they would fix this or is that something you hope for? Maybe i missed that statement, sorry if so.

What about a refund then? I bought this yesterday and just found out that this isnt fixed since a year now? Sorry but i saw too many things to believe it will ever get fixed in this case.

Edited by Senchay

Had it again in 4.4 by changing views on return to VC.

Disabling Transparent Surfaces (TrueGlass) in AddonManager made it for me.

On 12/27/2018 at 3:00 PM, Josh Riley said:

Is this on view change, or just randomly?

CTD only on view change.

6 hours ago, GerdD said:

Had it again in 4.4 by changing views on return to VC.

Disabling Transparent Surfaces (TrueGlass) in AddonManager made it for me.

Can you confirm the number of flights you have done since you disabled Transparent Surfaces?

Edited by Templar
  • Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:32 PM, Templar said:

Can you confirm the number of flights you have done since you disabled Transparent Surfaces?

about 6+. But before it crashed on anyone. (after 4.4 update)

This might be different on other Systems, depending on it´s overall configurations.

Edited by GerdD

On 1/17/2019 at 12:20 PM, GerdD said:

about 6+. But before it crashed on anyone. (after 4.4 update)

This might be different on other Systems, depending on it´s overall configurations.

Just tried this now with transparent surfaces disabled and had 2x CTD when changing into the VC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raphael_Chacon said:

...back and forth bickering wont solve the issue for sure... 🤔

And instead of, people could try and communicate ways how it´s running well on their individual systems.

Those kind of contributions would be much more helpful for those who have problems.

On 1/26/2019 at 6:55 PM, GerdD said:

And instead of, people could try and communicate ways how it´s running well on their individual systems.

Those kind of contributions would be much more helpful for those who have problems.

Completely agreed, though I dont see many people mentioning it running well at all sadly (CTD wise) and the only other known fix is using another VC panel which heavily impacts the FPS. I tried your suggestion along with a variety of graphics settings on P3D and I havent been able to address the CTD issue. If anything the CTD was now sort of freeze framing the flight deck before the sim window hangs and then just disappears. But also being said, I dont think people are bickering per se, rather, I just think people are becoming frustrated that this issue has been present for so long.

Other aircraft work just fine with the settings I am running, I also run the PMDG 737 and several Carenado aircraft from a BGA down to smaller planes like a C206 and they work fine on my settings not a single CTD with these add on planes.

Edited by M3AP

It's unprecedented IMO, that a Developer has been so Quiet in the forums regarding any kind of issue. It's almost like a Ghost Town in here. It's very strange that the Developers have not responded at all, I recall maybe one thread somewhere with respect to the CTD issue,  indicating that it was an LM issue. Maybe they are passing the Buck, maybe not. It's like the Developers are laying low, in hopes that the problem will go away on it's own.  I hope they are not going to fold up camp and just sail off into the sunset. I am concerned, because it was one of my favourite planes to jump into and do quick regional flight. I am over reacting I guess, and I do hope the Developers really do care about this issue, don't they?

Edited by canadagoose
  • Like 2

Knowing LM, I can totally believe that the problem could be at their end, and they're like "we'll fix it... someday... in P3Dv6... maybe".

TFDi can probably rework the 717, and implement some sort of a "hack" to temporarily solve this (with a usual risk of breaking something else). But if LM will suddenly decide to fix this in 4.5 or 4.6, it will require yet another rework from TFDi. This is kinda understandable.

What I cannot understand, is why TFDi is so passive about this? If this is indeed LM's fault, then give us more technical details, so we can press LM with facts on their own forums. Or, if you are unsure on who's to blame, create a debug tool (like QualityWings did for their 787) and collect all the data you want from those affected by CDTs. "We cannot reproduce it" is not an answer.

• Like 1

Totally understand and agree with your argumentations. But, as a matter of fact, TFDi obviously is not willing or able to fix this problem.

So, to get the 717 running, we only can help ourself and can give solutions further to others.

I also do not believe that all buyers are having the same problem as, regarding the downloaded numbers of repaints, there must be thousands

of copies been sold and compared with the number of posters here there might be a big silent majority.

It also does not help anybody that other aircraft are running fine. This plane does not, and if I want to fly it I have to find solutions

within my system (hardware settings included).

About the unacceptable behaviour of the developers everything has already been said. We only can keep it in mind.