yerco

CTD also with P3D 4.4

With the last update of P3D the 4.4 we continue with the CTD in view changes.
Will we have to continue with the trick of the double image?
Will you be able to fix it?
a greeting

• Like 1

+1

I just got a CTD w/o even changing views but simply by panning around the cockpit (using TrackIR).

This is becoming very frustrating. Is there any indication if LM solved the issue? Working on solving it? Can someone point to the thread?

I am certain it is not GPU related since it occurred with my previous 970 and still occurring after upgrading to a 1080ti.

Thanks,

• Like 1

I just flew the plane on a little 354 nm.  Everything is working perfectly on it.  Are you guys using a 3rd party camera view software.  I know there are a few that need updating. I have Chaseplane and they've already updated theirs2018-12-2_6-31-46-349.jpg

A couple of days ago I did two flights and everything seemed to be operating as it should, changing views, everything. I use EZDok and have upgraded to the P3D4.4 beta version. After updating P3D to v4.4, when I change between inside forward cockpit view to any outside view it is working fine. When I change from the normal pilot view and look up (using EZDok) at the Overhead view I get a fast paced flickering \flashing and cannot use my mouse to click anywhere. The same goes if I look down at the Console views for Throttle, radio Stack or FMC's. So. it seems that when I want to look around inside the VC Cockpit I get this violent flickering\flashing. I do not get a CTD like others have reported, just the flickering\flashing. Even without EZDok it happens when I pan around the cockpit.

Regards

Edited by canadagoose

P3d 4:4 so far so good i took off from rpll flew in circles PROVOKING a CTD by switching views on purpose to see if a CTD=none i flew 1/2hr, and i left the FMS basically blank- i suspect it could
CTD if fully info entered =why ?just a hunch? -hope im totally wrong =flew  around manilla with the high end pay scenery i got decent frames on an average rig, no CTD but perhaps a lot more testing with fully loaded FMS and bounce around s/e asia =kai tek =-taiwon/ singapore all payware and we see?but so far =so good!

2018-12-4_16-49-21-566.jpg

Edited by barbarotto
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, barbarotto said:

P3d 4:4 so far so good i took off from rpll flew in circles PROVOKING a CTD by switching views on purpose to see if a CTD=nonei flew 1/2 and i left the FMS basically blank i suspect it good
CTD if fully info entered =why just a hunch -hope im totally wrong =but ar least around manilla with the high end pay scenery i got decent frames on an average rig no CTD but perhaps a lot more testing with fully loaded FMS and bounce around s/e asia kai tek =-taiwon singapore all payware and we see?but so far =so good!

2018-12-4_16-49-21-566.jpg

Are you using any camera addons?

no camera add ons
system default except for 3rd party payware airports and orbx trees
stock basically....................

• Like 1

Can confirm, had the same CTD on view switch in 4.4 now. Re-installed the 717 from scrtch as well just to be sure. Such a shame...

My experience since 4.4. PHOG-PHNL 1.7 hrs, KSEA-KPHX 3 hrs, KTPA-KJFK 3.1 hrs, KSFO-KSEA 2.2 hrs, KSEA-KATL 2.1 hrs. No CTDs on any of these flights with quite a bit of view switching. I'm not using any third party camera utilities and my CPU is not overclocked. For me, at this point, I guess I'm "cautiously optimistic". 

I did a complete OS reinstall and installed 4.4 fresh and decided to take the 717 again to see if my issue with CTD is solved.  I did YYZ - MSP without any issue and started feeling very happy but then as I pulled up at the gate and went in the VC at MSP my sim locked up, sound played and CTD...  I also experienced very strange sporadic FPS fluctuations where at times I'd get 8FPS on the external model for brief periods but then suddently it would go back to high FPS of 60 - 130FPS.  Very strange!  This is without enabling or disabling any lights or anything.

Loaded up again at YYZ only to have an insta-CTD on entering the VC.  For the record I am using ChasePlane.

Now, instead of no errors in the Event Viewer I'm getting KERNELBASE.DLL errors when this happens.

First crash:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.4.16.27077, time stamp: 0x5bfdbb35
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.134, time stamp: 0x1659a33b
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x0000000000055299
Faulting process id: 0x28fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d48d5007d0e088
Faulting application path: D:\P3D\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 0e30d260-2031-4523-bc28-add09119b806
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Second crash:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.4.16.27077, time stamp: 0x5bfdbb35
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.134, time stamp: 0x1659a33b
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x0000000000055299
Faulting process id: 0x4564
Faulting application start time: 0x01d48d6639e1eef2
Faulting application path: D:\P3D\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: efb32836-c457-4d35-8725-2a7e0e8078d7
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

On 12/2/2018 at 6:34 PM, canadagoose said:

A couple of days ago I did two flights and everything seemed to be operating as it should, changing views, everything. I use EZDok and have upgraded to the P3D4.4 beta version. After updating P3D to v4.4, when I change between inside forward cockpit view to any outside view it is working fine. When I change from the normal pilot view and look up (using EZDok) at the Overhead view I get a fast paced flickering \flashing and cannot use my mouse to click anywhere. The same goes if I look down at the Console views for Throttle, radio Stack or FMC's. So. it seems that when I want to look around inside the VC Cockpit I get this violent flickering\flashing. I do not get a CTD like others have reported, just the flickering\flashing. Even without EZDok it happens when I pan around the cockpit.

Regards

Quoting my own post. I found I had LM's UI (User Interface) set at 512 TEXTURE size. I changed it to 1024 or 2048 and the flickering\flashing seems to subside substantially. I then went into EZDok and  reset my VC view points and saved the new setups. Using the higher texture size, the flickering\flashing has stopped when I change from O/S to inside (any) view. Maybe I'm lucky and found the right spot, but I think it is still a collaborative issue between TFdi and LM. I'm just surprised TFDi has not put a statement on this with regard to P3Dv4.4.

Regards