bravomike

Latest update (1.1.1.0) broke the 717

Question

Right, so today I installed the latest update and decided to do a flight and try it out, since the fuel flow logic and various other things were supposedly fixed. When starting the right (number two engine) and observing the paremeters everything seemed flawless, FF followed by a TGT increase and good spoolup. I thoguht to myself "finally, now this is really good and immersive" - boy was I wrong. When subsequently firing up the left hand (number one) engine I observed an instant fuel flow of around 8000+ LB/H - odd. The N1 seemed to be stuck as well even though the N2 was normal. During the takeoff roll the actual EPR seemed to spool up correctly, the engine however was not producing any thrust so I had to abort the takeoff. Shutting down and trying to restart it did not help, neither did re-loading the flight. Such a bummer. 

2018-12-24_17-26-5-188.png

2018-12-24_18-2-1-451.png

Edited by bravomike

12 answers to this question

7 hours ago, cconesa said:

I've updated earlier and now the 717 doesn't even load. CTD as soon as it begins the loading process. Great! 😤. Lovely Christmas present.

Christian.

This should now be resolved. Please ensure the aircraft is up to date.

I've updated earlier and now the 717 doesn't even load. CTD as soon as it begins the loading process. Great! 😤. Lovely Christmas present.

Christian.

We've seen that particular bug happen once every so many months, then go away again. The crash on initial load, however, is new (and didn't happen to any one of the beta members, either). If you're experiencing that, PM me and we will get it fixed ASAP.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cconesa said:

Christian.

We will get this resolved in time for Christmas flying.

Hi,

fix is not working because now cockpit is dark and with batteries switching on trying to start APU no response.Even I tried to load different aircraft powered up and reload 717 no success.

In addition, no possibilities to get tablet powered up to change aircraft status.

Brgds

cockpit.PNG

Overhead.PNG

39 minutes ago, Rajko said:

Hi,

fix is not working because now cockpit is dark and with batteries switching on trying to start APU no response.Even I tried to load different aircraft powered up and reload 717 no success.

In addition, no possibilities to get tablet powered up to change aircraft status.

Brgds

cockpit.PNG

Overhead.PNG

Fixed now as well - my apologies.

Posted (edited)

Had this issue again - what fixed it was hitting the "ready to fly" panel state in the EFB and reconfiguring the plane real quick. I know this is just a workaround but thought I'd let people know. 

Edited by bravomike