NorCali.Pilot

TCAS/Fuel System Test Failures

Question

So I'm starting to get back into the 717 and fly it to the best of my abilities, but I've noticed two system test 'failures':

TCAS System Test, according to the quick start guide (in order), I switch the knob to TEST and it should do a bunch of things. In my 717, nothing happens, and the message TCAS FAIL rains on the ND. This is before the IRS's are aligned (as that step comes after the TCAS test in the guide.)

FUEL SYS Test, per the quick start guide I press the FUEL SYS TEST button and look for 9,000lbs total fuel on the FUEL SD. When I do this, it just displays 10.890lbs (the release fuel for that trip) with an 'X' in the Gross Weight area. 

Of course I've been able to shrug these off since it's a fictional plane and the rest of the flight is unaffected. Is the 'Prepping the Aircraft' chapter (where all of these tests are) supposed to be done after the a/c is initialized with the IRS's? 

Thank you!

1 answer to this question

I solved the FUEL SYS TEST. I clicked the button instead of holding it for 2 seconds. TCAS Test Fail is still happening with the IRS's not aligned.