Stefan888

When will we get descent arrow or banana

Hi TFDI team,

I've discussed over a year ago(with @turbofandude) that we need descent arrow in our 717 or at least descent banana so that we know we're our descent will lead us.

Unfortunately this wasn't included in the last update,so when can we expect another update to solve this issue.

Thanks allot for an amazing product and your comments here.

Cheers,

Stefan D.

I would also love to know this.

The response below was a little worrying as it seems to imply that the 717 is pretty much frozen and wont be getting any new features even if they are very much needed like this one.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, writequit said:

I would also love to know this.

The response below was a little worrying as it seems to imply that the 717 is pretty much frozen and wont be getting any new features even if they are very much needed like this one.

It's a pity that they didn't finish their own product.

Maybe we will get a response here, but who knows.

I'll be staying off their products for sure if this basic thing isn't resolved,and I'm not the only one,even everyones favorite "Abascus" had that simple feature.

Edited by Stefan888

41 minutes ago, Stefan888 said:

It's a pity that they didn't finish their own product.

Maybe we will get a response here, but who knows.

I'll be staying off their products for sure if this basic thing isn't resolved,and I'm not the only one,even everyones favorite "Abascus" had that simple feature.

Same here, I moved to the MD88 tho its a shame since IRL the 717 will fly on (at least with DAL) much longer than the MD88 as they are all rapidly being retired.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ienatom said:

I am flying the actual 717 in real life and we don't have that function on ours, I can't find anything on the FCOMs either. I don't think the 717 has it, but maybe it's some kind of system update or extra stuff that our planes don't have. Are you sure this this exists?

Of course it exists you have descent blue arrow just like on a Airbus or MD-11 but the team can program one simple banana like MD-80 and other Boeing aircraft.

I know Delta has it, can't be sure of Blue but I've believe they also had it.Volotea also has it judging by the Just Planes video.

Also you have confirmation for the team that they will do it,or at least they planned to do so.

Edited by Stefan888

Ah, yes. The "simple" banana. It requires a link into the predictions system and the display system, which they were not originally designed for. It's on the list, as it's always been, and it will get added at some point.

10 minutes ago, turbofandude said:

Ah, yes. The "simple" banana. It requires a link into the predictions system and the display system, which they were not originally designed for. It's on the list, as it's always been, and it will get added at some point.

Thank you for your reply.Hopefully we will see it soon.