jenstt

Some questions regarding PACX

Hello,

With the release of PACX nearing very fast, I would like to ask some questions:

- Will PACX respond to a changement of the seatbelt sign to trigger announcements? Will it read this value from third party aircraft (PMDG, Aerosoft,..)?

- Regarding dynamic announcements of destination: I take it you have recorded an amount of destinations, could you elaborate on which cities/airports have been recorded and what will happen if the destination is not part of the recorded ones? And will the possibility to add custom safety videos be included in the original release this month? It would also be very nice if there would be some kind of database to download these from in the right format..

-Any chance for GSX integration regarding the boarding process?

Thanks a lot and good luck with development! Counting the days to release!

Hi there! I'll answer each of your questions in-line.

• Seatbelt sign: currently, it reads from the default seatbelt sign value, however, there is an option to manually adjust it should a third-party product not be compatible. We will also do our best to properly support these aircraft, but there is no guarantee that we can support them all.
  • Regarding destinations: we currently have all 50 U.S. states, as well as over 100 various major cities/regions around the world. If your chosen destination isn't included in the current list, a generic variation of the announcement will be played.
  • The ability to supply a custom .wav file for a safety video will be included in the initial release, yes. The announcement you hear will change based on this (if you have it selected, you will hear the flight attendant ask the passengers to direct their attention to the safety video).
  • What sort of integration/support are you looking for from GSX?

Thank you for the support!

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for answering! Sounds great!

I take it the announcement announces the state/region you're flying into and not the specific city then? At least in the US?

For GSX I was thinking on giving the program the passenger count (which we could also send/import from Smartcars in the future I think?) and calling/monitoring passenger services and boarding progress. 

PACX has its own boarding simulation, so monitoring it may not be as practical. That said, writing to the GSX passenger count variable from PACX is definitely possible. I'll see about getting that added in.

Regarding announcements, it aims for the specific airport first (there are only a few of those), then it'll try to find the city, then it'll go for the region (if possible).

That's a smart solution for the announcements! Makes it possible to cover a large amount of destinations I guess :) 

Thanks for your replies! Good luck with development and looking forward to release! Counting the days till the end of the month here :') 

• Like 1

Is the product still on track for a release this week? It's been silent now around the product for more than a week and only 4 days remaining before june first..

We are still on track. The actual code is essentially done (and has been tested for several months now). We're finalizing assets and will be rolling out the final test version(s) throughout the week. As well, the feature we discussed earlier is implemented (writing passenger count to GSX).

Hi. A blind pilot here, looking forward to the immersion pacx will bring with its audio features since we can’t enjoy the visuals of the sim. Just wanted to ask what is modelled audio wise, obviously flight attendants audio included, will there be passenger audio such as for whilst they board? That would be great as i will be able to hear exactly what is going on. I think pacx will work with screen reading software as it sounds like its quite a simple interface with basic menus that can be used for navigation.thanks

5 hours ago, turbofandude said:

We are still on track. The actual code is essentially done (and has been tested for several months now). We're finalizing assets and will be rolling out the final test version(s) throughout the week. As well, the feature we discussed earlier is implemented (writing passenger count to GSX).

Great, thanks a lot! If you need any more testers I’m free on thursday and friday 😎

So the destination and flight number announcement will not be included in initial release?

37 minutes ago, jenstt said:

So the destination and flight number announcement will not be included in initial release?

We have them recorded and mostly edited, but we determined they may need a little more time to sound exactly how we want. The rest of the program is ready for the next step (including the other announcements), so we decided this was the next step. The update including this feature will, of course, be free of charge and will be available relatively soon after release (i.e. not 6 months from now).

How does this program interact with the voice version of FS2crew?  Has it been tested and vetted to coexist?

Thanks...

AJ

Okay :) another suggestion then for immersion: maybe you could add a checkbox or detect from GSX if a jetway or stairs are being used to disembark, and then adapt the message accordingly 'don't walk under the wings, take care when going of the stairs, ...'. Also what happens after a problem arises/diversion is made? Are the announcements after landing adapted according to this?

1 hour ago, jenstt said:

Okay :) another suggestion then for immersion: maybe you could add a checkbox or detect from GSX if a jetway or stairs are being used to disembark, and then adapt the message accordingly 'don't walk under the wings, take care when going of the stairs, ...'. Also what happens after a problem arises/diversion is made? Are the announcements after landing adapted according to this?

Yes, there are different announcements for emergencies and special events, and delays or diversions cause extra information to be given to the passengers.

6 hours ago, jordanal said:

How does this program interact with the voice version of FS2crew?  Has it been tested and vetted to coexist?

Thanks...

AJ

As they're simulating different areas, they shouldn't conflict.

1 hour ago, jkeye@hotmail.com said:

Does the PC have to be conneced to the internet all the time for this to work?

No, it does not! You will be fine to fly offline.

Hello TFDi Team,

congratulations on the successul release. As I understand there is no documentation yet, so sorry for taking over the thread :) Some questions I have:

• Time of Departure: Is it UTC or Local?
  • What is "Vocal auto accept time"?
  • Does PACX currently support the Flight Factor A320 for Seatbelts Signs, etc?

Thank you in advance and enjoy your release evening!

First, thanks for supporting PACX!

Time to departure is the time, in minutes, until you depart. It's a duration, not a "time", so to speak.

The vocal auto-accept time is how long PACX will give you to modify an interaction before it sends it. This is to allow the "hands-off" vocal control system to not require extra clicks.

Regarding the FF A320, I can't confirm, as I do not have it myself. If there is an issue, you should be able to use the seatbelt controls inside PACX to ensure it is properly set.

• Like 1