Sign in to follow this  
woozie

Documentation?

Is there any documentation available? I checked the installation folder and the download section in the customer area but no luck 

@woozie At this time, we do not have a user guide. The product is early access, and the likelihood of changes occurring quickly is high. As well, if we find that there are common questions, we can use that to refine the application, as opposed to simply explaining it. There will be documentation once things are more finalized.

Quite disappointed with this, at least a quick start guide would have been expected even for early access???

It really isn´t that hard to understand how it works. Also there aren´t that many features and stuff that would require a guide at this time. In my opinion everything is pretty self-explanatory...

Posted (edited)

Yes this is indeed disappointing. I understand that too many things can change during early access and a full manual wouldnt make sense at this point...but at least some information?? This thing doesnt even have a readme.txt...

So yeah, here a few questions after my first 5 minutes with PACX:

• how exactly does the intergration with PMDG747 or other addons work? Do i need to press the respective MIC key button to speak to crew or passengers? Are there any other buttons/switches that have an affect on PACX functionality?
  • i set 50 mins time to departure and boarding speed to realistic, but boarding started right after i iniated the flight. Is this by design? With a realistic timing setting i would expect boarding to start about 30-20 mins before EBOT. Or does the timing setting only affect how quickly boarding will be completed?

EDIT: And how does the GSX interaction work? Its supposed to send the pax number to GSX, which didnt work in my case.

Edited by woozie

35 minutes ago, woozie said:

So yeah, here a few questions after my first 5 minutes with PACX:

• how exactly does the intergration with PMDG747 or other addons work? Do i need to press the respective MIC key button to speak to crew or passengers? Are there any other buttons/switches that have an affect on PACX functionality?
  • i set 50 mins time to departure and boarding speed to realistic, but boarding started right after i iniated the flight. Is this by design? With a realistic timing setting i would expect boarding to start about 30-20 mins before EBOT. Or does the timing setting only affect how quickly boarding will be completed?

EDIT: And how does the GSX interaction work? Its supposed to send the pax number to GSX, which didnt work in my case.

Woozie,
The integration with these aircraft is for if you active the Mic knob on the aircraft listed, PACX will begin listening, without you having to pull up the program itself. As for boarding, the moment you "Start" your flight, boarding begins. The reason this was made, was to combat us not being able to read certain aircrafts and their "door" properties. Whether the developer has set clear flags in their code or not, PACX will work with it.

If you want a delay in boarding, don't click "Start". You have the control of when people start walking down that gate. Once you feel the aircraft is ready, click "Start" let everyone start their boarding :)