First Experience Issues

cardajowol

Did my first flight with this from Vienna to London Heathrow. I found few issues with this;

• No Documentation, especially when it comes to install it in to Xplane.
  • I had some errors upon installing as it was looking for P3D/FSX when I'm running explain, maybe an option to choose? in the install file rather than directly trying to check for P3D/FSX as I was running Xplane 11
  • Upon First load I set some stuff up got some connection errors, looking in the log for PACX, it looked like an exception error for the settings.xml file? I think this might be related to firewall as well I did not get this error when reloading after doing port forward or running in administrator for the application.

[GENERAL][01/06/2019 12:56:24]: An error was encountered while loading the Settings.xml file.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\####\AppData\Local\PACX\Settings.xml'.
File name: 'C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\PACX\Settings.xml'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
   at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.FinishInitUriString()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl..ctor(String uriStr, XmlReaderSettings settings, XmlParserContext context, XmlResolver uriResolver)
   at System.Xml.XmlReaderSettings.CreateReader(String inputUri, XmlParserContext inputContext)
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(String inputUri, XmlReaderSettings settings, XmlParserContext inputContext)
   at System.Xml.Linq.XElement.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
   at PACX.MainWindow. ()
[GENERAL][01/06/2019 12:56:46]: CWebRequest Exception
System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 67.22.130.245:443
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at  .‫. (Uri )

• I had some audio issues as nothing was playing through the flight. I believe this is due to the mute audio when external, with Xplane I don't believe it knows whether I am outside or inside the plane. So it mutes everything? Possible Bug, When I unticked it again, I could hear audio of the crew.
  • The one issue I did see that I couldn't fix was that when I got to the top of climb the application kept saying I was still climbing... and did that through out the flight and decent, it wasn't until I landed where it changed to taxiing/deboarding at the gate. (This one is going to cause some issues but I am going to retest with the application on admin and some other changes to see whether it still does this.

I will check back with my findings! I have hope for this application! something to increase my immersion. I just hope some of the issues can be ironed out.

The audio issue is indeed a conflict with X-Plane. That feature does not support X-Plane (as we can't accurately determine the view type). We will be working on documentation soon. The exception in the log is just because the file didn't exist. The installation process includes several versions of FSUIPC to make the setup easier, but the way they're run is going to be adjusted.

In XP11 even XPUIPC doesn't even get recognized as a file. PACX keeps asking for P3D and FSUIPC for those simulations. I even used all 3 of my activation keys to try to get this thing running and I'm not able to try anymore. I bought it and I thought it was gonna be easy to install. Boy was I wrong, I need to contact NASA just to get help. I contacted TFDi on facebook and they ignored my messages so I submitted a ticket instead. I love the product and the company but this is getting really unruly. 

Untitled.jpg

Hello, aye yes I can understand the audio issues and the documentation. Unfortunately the plane is still getting stuck at Climb, may not be a big deal with short flights as it knows l've landed but won't move from climb to cruise and then down to decend. I've seen it do it once.. but only once.. I am wondering whether it might be when you climb to a level and then go in to your cruise and then start climbing again it doesn't know how to go back to cruise?

Capture.JPG

Edited by cardajowol

• 1 year later...

This topic has been automatically locked due to no responses being given in the past 60 days. If you need any further help, please create a new, detailed forum post or speak to a Community Moderator or Staff Member.

Title: First Experience Issues
Locked At: 09/09/2020
Locked By: Otto Pilot

- TFDi Design Forum Management